cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[New Public Mobile Plans] The less we spend, the more you save.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We have some big news to share with you! We’re introducing new plans at Public Mobile, starting October 17. 

Our 100% digital storefront and online support means we can pass our savings onto you.  All our 4G speed plans now come with digital savings, because when we save, you save. Case and point: Get 5 GB for $40.

What does this mean for you?

Along with our other affordable 3G speed plans, you will now have access to our new 4G speed plans that come with digital savings.

Plan Details:

NEW 4G plans available as of October 17

J_PM_0-1666013106010.png

3G plans available as of October 17

J_PM_1-1666013165430.png

To learn more about our new plans, visit Public Mobile Plans

Thank you, 

Public Mobile Team

82 REPLIES 82

Aiden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Seems like as of this morning (Oct 28, ~8am EST,) existing customers have a new hidden promo of $40 for 15gb/month

any updates/background from official PM folks or oracles about this?

there is a Reddit and redflagdeals thread about it and people are switching from their current $40/$35 plans to this, and seems like those with the fall 2016 promo is finally switching too

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Franco3 agree !

jjane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would love to see a smaller 4G plan ($30 for 1GB, as offered by Telus, Koodo, and PC Mobile).  

Franco3

Love the new plans >>> may I suggest in these tough times $30 for 2Gb

@manhdao 

Rewards don't change based on a plan change. You'll keep them.

manhdao

Dear J_PM: I am on the $40 5GB at 3G plan with rewards from pre-authorized payments, loyalty and refer-a-friend.

Will I be able to keep the existing rewards after converting to the $40 5GB at 4G speed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

kim3

Yup, we tried both of those.  CS helped us, and it's all working now.... Apparently when the plan change went through it didn't load properly.  🙄 So they reset something on their end, and now it's working on our end.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kim3    Hopefully, customer support has been in touch by now.  Have they tried rebooting or removing the SIM to another unlocked phone and rebooting and then back and rebooting?

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It looks like it's a good time for new customers to sign up with a $40 plan with the 12MONTHS12GB promo code. It's nice to pass along those savings.

Unfortunately for most customers, this announcement is similar to another recent announcement, which shall remain "Nameless".

kim3

That's great, except I updated both my sister and my mom to one of these new plans, which kicked in yesterday.  They now only have outgoing calls, incoming calls get an error message, claiming they're not set up to receive calls, etc.  And now my sister is unable to do her job as a result.  I've contacted CS_Agent, but that's a whole other issue, taking hours to get a response.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow @dust2dust 

Hmmmm....therevseems to be some redacting here? Has there been an outbreak of foot in mouth disease? Keep your masks on people.....it's much harder to accidentally stick things in there?!!😷😷😄

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

dabr
Mayor / Maire

😑

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:

She will remain on loyalty points.

I think you meant "loyalty rewards" (which rewarded dollars, not the new points)...

@Danchvn She will remain on loyalty points. Plan changes do not automatically migrate accounts to Public Points.

Public506
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is great! I've just joined after being at another provider, and I've gotta say, the prices are more competitive, and the bells and whistles, the points system, is much better and benefits all customers equally based on amounts.

HI @Danchvn   changing plan won't affect your current rewards system you have.  So, you will still be in the old reward system after the plan change.

Danchvn

My Wife currently has the $40 5Gb 3g speed plan and I was about to change her over to the 4g speed plan since it is the same cost. One thing that caught my eye was the "3x Points-back" item listed under the plan. She did not opt in for the Public points so is still getting the loyalty rewards. If she moves to this 4g speed plan will she still be on the grandfathered loyalty points?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@afterglow007- When did you activate? What promo?

@darlicious- All I got out of that page was - "may".

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@afterglow007 

This may be as clear as mud as I gave been trying to figure out its interpretation for awhile now.....

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/things-to-know-about-redeeming-your-promos

@dust2dust 

What about your thoughts?

@afterglow007- Ah. But wait, there's more. It is semi-official (and makes business sense to me) to allow changing plans above the price threshold of the promo. You can't get the promo at $35 and then change down to the $15 plan. Maybe down to $25 depending the specific promo wording.

I should have been clearer earlier. I assumed you were talking about changing to a 4G plan.

afterglow007

That is most helpful, thank you! I should be safe then as I only changed between the same speed plans? Best regards 

It had been clarified by the OP of this thread that that promo data would be lost if one were to change from a 3G speed plan to a 4G plan and vice versa.

Adding - @afterglow007 

afterglow007

Does anyone know if the 2GB extra for 12 months offer expire if one changes plans? Thanks

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

It's about time this got pinned to the landing page.

barrascuk

I heard today. 

Fido launched 1 day flash sale for $30 8G $35 10G and today Virgin Mobile follow suit.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

"Maximum $35" of course everywhere is charging the maximum for that plan, cuz why cut people a break. (Meaning Canadian cellular in general)

Need Help? Let's chat.