cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: New Plan: $35 for 2GB

embarrassing

Nobody's going to get excited about this plan.  I also wonder if this annoucement might get recalled. I think that Public is really going to hear it from members about this one.

Prediction on next move:

Should we also expect $22, $30, $37, $43, $46, and $53 regional plans?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

That still would not make it comparable... still not LTE  

Why would LTE be such a big deal? Why would no LTE be a deal-breaker?

LTE wouldn't improve any real-world usage, browsing, apps, social media, etc. The latencies are the same, the data sizes aren't big enough to make a difference greater than a few dozen milliseconds.

LTE would improve streaming. Let you watch videos at glorious 4K. For about 20 mins before fast LTE gobbled your entire 2GB data allocation for the month.

Highlighted
Oracle

$30/2GB was kinda good.  This plan is pretty awful.  Might as well pay $5 more and get an extra 3GB.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Korth Everybody else has monthly billing. So technically PM does cost a few dollars more each year, though Loyalty Rewards counteract this added cost.

any prepaid system is 30 days not monthly. so pm does compete with the other 2 providers(chatr+lucky) 

it's still better than $35/1.5gb...

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@blairs1 wrote:

thought the old promo plan ended tonight as indicated?

@blairs1   Yes that's what the update to original announcement for the $30 promo plan says that it would expire on the 17th (today), but on the Plans page it's not available anymore.  Maybe @David_J  or @Catherine_T   can clarify why the promo got removed one day early?

**UPDATE**

The limited-time $30 2GB plan promotion ends Canada-wide on Thursday, September 17, 2020. 

If you have the $30 2GB plan today and want to continue with it, no action is required. However, if you switch to another plan you will not be able to switch back to the $30 2GB plan after September 17, 2020, as it will no longer be available.

For Public Mobile customers in Quebec, the limited-time 500MB data promotion will be expiring with the $30 2GB plan as well on September 17, 2020.

Edit made on September 14, 2020.

Edit:  If the original promo was meant to expire at 11.59 pm ET on Wed. 16th Sept., then that should have been included in this announcement so no-one was confused about the timeline.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dabr it's the same thing as the free 5gb gift. its gone as of 12:00am Sept.17

I see that  it's gone but the wording on the expiry date is confusing and I just think PM needs to make their promotion expiry dates absolutely clear so there's no confusion about it.

*as weird as it sounds, it seems like thats PM's motto! 🤣

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 wrote:

@dabr it's the same thing as the free 5gb gift. its gone as of 12:00am Sept.17

@gpixel4   I see that  it's gone but the wording on the expiry date is confusing and I just think PM needs to make their promotion expiry dates absolutely clear so there's no confusion about it.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dabr wrote:

@blairs1 wrote:

thought the old promo plan ended tonight as indicated?

@blairs1   Yes that's what the update to original announcement for the $30 promo plan says that it would expire on the 17th (today), but on the Plans page it's not available anymore.  Maybe @David_J  or @Catherine_T   can clarify why the promo got removed one day early?

**UPDATE**

The limited-time $30 2GB plan promotion ends Canada-wide on Thursday, September 17, 2020. 

If you have the $30 2GB plan today and want to continue with it, no action is required. However, if you switch to another plan you will not be able to switch back to the $30 2GB plan after September 17, 2020, as it will no longer be available.

For Public Mobile customers in Quebec, the limited-time 500MB data promotion will be expiring with the $30 2GB plan as well on September 17, 2020.

Edit made on September 14, 2020.

Edit:  If the original promo was meant to expire at 11.59 pm ET on Wed. 16th Sept., then that should have been included in this announcement so no-one was confused about the timeline.

I also would have assumed 11:59pm EDT today.  Wasn't this "new" plan originally scheduled to be releaaed on April 1?

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Looks like this is part of the regular plans and not a promo.  Hoping Black Friday will bring a great plan or promo plan.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dac13  ya a nice calling only plan for Black Friday 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.