cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Plan: $35 for 2GB

@Scarybear 

All depends on where you live really....and how much data do you need? If you were looking as t the $30/2gb plan?

Edit: I'm going on the assumption you were asking about freedom.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Correct - was asking about freedom. 

I really don't need much data. 2 gig seems like it should be a minimum for any plan. 

If I pick a public plan now - I can switch to a better deal if one comes up? Or are do they have good deals just for new customers? Thanks! 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

• @Scarybear wrote:

Correct - was asking about freedom. 

I really don't need much data. 2 gig seems like it should be a minimum for any plan. 

If I pick a public plan now - I can switch to a better deal if one comes up? Or are do they have good deals just for new customers? Thanks! 

Since joining PM in February, most of the deals I have seen have been for new customers.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Scarybear you're always free to switch plans up or down or if a new plan comes out that is available to current customers. Sometimes new plans are only available to new signups.

To do so when you have an account. You click "change plan". Then you're provided with 2 options.

1- Change now (it will say top up now if you don't have funds in your account) You don't want to select that option as you will be charged right away for new plan, new plan will start and no refunds on unused days from old plan.

You will want to select option 2. Change at next renewal. This will reserve the plan you want for next payment due date. Even if the plan disappears before your payment due date you have it reserved and still will get it. At renewal date you would be charged for new plan and it would start then.

If you are considering to sign up. Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 sign-up bonus credited to your account within 72 hours of activation.

Highlighted

That's what I figured - I might just wait until Christmas then. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Scarybear wrote:

That's what I figured - I might just wait until Christmas then. 

If there's a substantial price difference between the plan you have with another carrier and the plan you could get now on PM then waiting might cost you more overall than the money you'd save on some killer PM promo months away from now.

If costs are basically the same then it might be worthwhile to wait and watch. I'd recommend buying a PM SIM card in advance, though, because they have no shelf life or expiry before activation and their availability often seems suddenly limited when hot promos/deals are announced.

Highlighted

Thanks so much to everyone for the help!

I called Koodo and got my plan upgraded to $35 for Unlimited txt/calls -  5.3GB (Very specific I know. I had free 300 mb plan they were adamant on letting me keep.)

The ladies I spoke to (only 2) had no interest in playing any games with me which was fortunate. It took a little while as she was trying to make it all work with the systems drop down menus.  I'm happy with the price, the fact I don't have to switch. Telus is happy cause they are still getting my money, (and more of it now) and I did buy a public sim card the other day in case they make some big moves this holiday season. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Scarybear 

Wow koodo prepaid plans suck....couldnt find yours are you post paid? Is the 5gb an add on (booster?) Were about 2 months away from black Friday which was last year's best promotion. But you can never be too sure if pm will repeat those offerings but being prepared with a sim card to jump on a deal is a good idea and sign up for every email sign up deal to keep your options open. Remember all deals end at 11:59 pm et unless otherwise stated. If pm also offers a bonus referral credit keep that in mind so your friend that has turned you onto pm will get an extra credit too when you use their referral code. Happy bargain hunting!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  Browse through RFD people are getting all kinds of deals from Koodo. Some 9 gigs for $39. I read one got 11 gigs for $34 because it's a 2nd line. (With discounts to get to that price)

What Scarybear got is not advertised. The rep he/she spoke with likely just bundled them into the range that others have been getting lately. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 

That's what i pretty much figured it was YMMV if you know how to negotiate...i was just commenting on the promotions on the website.....and finding them....suck. Lol!

Need Help? Let's chat.