Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Community Account Created After EverSafe ID

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We know that some of you have experienced an issue resulting in a new Community account generated after you completed your EverSafe ID registration. The team has captured and is investigating the issue further.  

Thank you,

The Public Mobile Team 

141 REPLIES 141

gb23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's really up to you. It's been about a week now and it seems that reaching out to support has resulted in a faster response.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pls i have same problem and I need help resolving it

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've bravoed the original post already last week, but should I still submit a support ticket or just wait? 

Original nickname:  Tweetynumair

New nickname: Tweetynumair1

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Great News! Another one restored 👏

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @gb23 ,

I bravo-ed a post by @J_PM in one of the threads and also sent a message to PM CS_agent through a link posted there.  It took two days for the favourable response from Tony to come. You can probably find out how to do that if you go through similar threads on this issue. @hTideGnow has provided many helpful hints and links.

hyT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for looking into this! I'd like my old username back. 🙂

gb23

Did you reach out to support directly?

Welcome back @hyT   

I think people will slowly get their names back. 

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I got an email from Tony, Public Mobile CS_Agent, about an hour ago that my old Community nickname has been restored. I cleared my browser of cookies and cache, and logged back in with my old nickname "hyT".  It worked!  I also notice that my earlier post in this thread using Community ID FIXED.JPG

"hyT1" has been renamed "anonymous" now. I assume that one has been expunged.  Thank you for fixing it. Hope everything will work as expected from now on.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@pmbc that's great news! The team is working on correcting customers that were impacted, and restoring old Community accounts. Thanks for sharing.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

FYI I noticed today that I'm back!  My original nick has been linked to my email and my badges, stats are back.  Not sure if the bravo or contacting CS Agent yesterday got this fixed but it's fixed.  Thanks @J_PM for your and the PM's teams effort to resolve issues as they come up.

I don't know if the bravos and solutions from the new account were merged in, but at least the old account got linked!  Whooo!

HI @Anonymous   look like you haven't bravo this post yet:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Community-Account-Created-After-EverSafe-ID/m-p/985464/highlight/true#M60426

Remember to bravo it so PM agent will work on your case

Anonymous
Not applicable

Previous community ID:  Jormungandr

Forced to create an alternative ID:  Jormungandr1

Please fix.

smp999

old user ID - smp99 

farmbot1

And add the bravos to hyT account

😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

"hyT" was my original Community name linked to my PMobile "My Account". Now I have been forced to use "hyT1" after registering with EverSafe.  Please fix it ASAP, or I'll feel NEVERSAFE!  Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was forced to choose a new community user name and lost my message history, stats, and other info. 

@Burdwood wrote:

What a mess! No access to my previous community profile, which can't be linked with my account, so any information that I had "stored" there is lost. And yes, I did make sure that the two were properly connected when that announcement showed up a month or so back.

Also, still terrible caching going on. We now need a separate account for everything (ie can't manage my two accounts from the same community log-in) but I can't just log out of the one profile and log-in, with proper credentials, into the other without closing the incognito window (!), clear cache and restart the browser in incognito again. It will just not accept the user name / password combo otherwise. This is in Chrome on a fully up-to-date Chromebook.

The workaround for multiple logins is to use different profiles in Chrome or Firefox, or in Firefox you can also use containers (need to install the Containers extension by Mozilla/Firefox).

Burdwood

What a mess! No access to my previous community profile, which can't be linked with my account, so any information that I had "stored" there is lost. And yes, I did make sure that the two were properly connected when that announcement showed up a month or so back.

Also, still terrible caching going on. We now need a separate account for everything (ie can't manage my two accounts from the same community log-in) but I can't just log out of the one profile and log-in, with proper credentials, into the other without closing the incognito window (!), clear cache and restart the browser in incognito again. It will just not accept the user name / password combo otherwise. This is in Chrome on a fully up-to-date Chromebook.

Anonymous
Not applicable

yup got it. thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have given both a "bravo" and submitted a ticket. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

like the overall comment, or this one right here...LOL 

hi @Anonymous make sure you bravo the first reply on this thread on Page 1 for agent to look into your issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me. 

Hi @Demenace click the bravo on the first reply of this thread on page 1

Demenace

My old account is "Damenace"

Please fix it.   It had the same email address.

@gb23 wrote:

Interesting. I've noticed you and @will13am  say you can still log in despite experiencing this problem. Is it possible there may be a number of users that have been affected without realizing?

@gb23 , I cannot login to start a new community session.  I carrying on with a cookied session that was initiated prior to the eversafe implementation.  If something falls off the rails with this session before a fix is implemented, my account will go dark.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

I am apprehensive about setting up my Eversafe login because I am unsure of the implications. I use ONE community login to manage MULTIPLE PM accounts. I do not want to get locked out of the other accounts I manage.

Can anyone summarize what the status is of this issue and the best way to set this up?

gb23

Interesting. I've noticed you and @will13am  say you can still log in despite experiencing this problem. Is it possible there may be a number of users that have been affected without realizing?

Need Help? Let's chat.