cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW OFFER: 2nd Month Free! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Activate by December 2 and get a bonus 5 GB of data.

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer is now expired.

November 25th until December 2nd 11:59PM ET: We’re introducing two new Black Friday Deals: 

• Get your 2nd month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store
    • This will be credited to your account within 10 business days
  • Get a free SIM card when you activate on any plan in-store

These offers are stackable with the 5GB data add-on, so long as you activate on an eligible plan ($35+/month).

Hey Community,

From November 25 to December 2, customers that activate online or in-store will receive a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only and not stackable with any other promos (except for Refer-a-friend bonus).

How to Get this Offer:

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $35/mo or higher plan by December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 2 business days of activation.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

310 REPLIES 310

Interesting for sure. I just assumed it was bumped up starting today but maybe they are back dating the entire offer. From what I have seen in my one year here, they seem to be more than fair so I bet everyone from Monday Nov 25 is getting this offer as well. Just my feeling though... I know Nothing!

AE_Collector

@Bethn wrote:

Is it Nov 25th or 28th? I signed up yesterday (27th) with the $15 plan. Could this mean I am eligible and in line for a free month to be automatically applied, or is this a typo?Typo or am I eligible?Typo or am I eligible?

I think your screen shot is "selective reading"... Here is a screen shot of the full first post of this thread, the red part has been added today and clearly states "free SIM and second month free" is starting today, November 28.

Screenshot_2019-11-28 NEW OFFER 2nd Month Free BLACK FRIDAY SALE Activate by December 2 and get a bonus 5 GB of data .png.

ayo23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I see that offer on the PM site too and I signed up for two separate plans yesterday (27th around 5-6pm)... I do hope the free second month is honoured to us.

AJ72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great find @Bethn, I'm in the same situation as you, activated yesterday (27th). That's my understanding too that it's for any activations between Nov. 25th and Dec. 2nd.

@Tiana_V  and @Alan_K  can you please review and advise? That's the official offer details from the PM web site.

Thanks.

@Bethn wrote:

Is it Nov 25th or 28th? I signed up yesterday (27th) with the $15 plan. Could this mean I am eligible and in line for a free month to be automatically applied, or is this a typo?Typo or am I eligible?Typo or am I eligible?

Bethn

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When I go to share this post, a 'back to the future' logo is featured. I don't think that's right?

@Sacredweed 

@Sacredweed wrote:

Is this for one month only?

Yes, only one month free.

edit:  5GB data add on x 1 time only.  Unused portion will roll over to next month 

@Sacredweed wrote:

The data is a one time bonus that will sit on your account until you use it and your second 30 days PM covers the cost of that!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Sacredweed

@gzluwl wrote:

Does the 2nd month free apply to $25 plan? I just activated a $25 plan today (Nov 28).

any plan

gzluwl

Does the 2nd month free apply to $25 plan? I just activated a $25 plan today (Nov 28).

@ryanmobile wrote:

We all want the $120 12 gig plan for Black friday!!

You mean just like this one that equals 15 GB/90 days on autopay; https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/40for4500MB-3Gspeed??

Robot LOL

back-to-the-future-trilogy-1122951-1280x0.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ryanmobile
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

We all want the $120 12 gig plan for Black friday!!

AJ72

It will be added as a "one-time" bonus, NOT every month. So you can use it until it is finished, there's no expiry on it.

@geozii wrote:

What do you mean by on time 5 GB, is the plan will be an on going add on of 5 GB every month ?

@geoziiNo it is 1 time 5Gb data allotment which will roll over until you use the 5Gb up.

geozii

What do you mean by on time 5 GB, is the plan will be an on going add on of 5 GB every month ?

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popping wrote:

@TLGuan wrote:

I hope the promotion not only for new users but also consider the PM users. I have a question about the one-time bonus which means the bonus just for one month or for every month. 

The 5GB data is an add-on for 1 time.  

But the 5G rolls over until you use it up,  as long as you keep the plan you sign up for active and don't change to another plan.

Re you hope this promo is not only for new users but to also consider the PM  users... The promo for us is to refer a friend successfully and get a one time bonus $20 credit besides the $1 per month friend referral credit. The problem with that is, if everyone you know is either already with PM or locked into a contract with another carrier and they can't switch to take advantage of this deal, then existing PM customers have no way of ever taking advantage of the friend referral.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TLGuan wrote:

I hope the promotion not only for new users but also consider the PM users. I have a question about the one-time bonus which means the bonus just for one month or for every month. 

The 5GB data is an add-on for 1 time.  

TLGuan

popping

@shaneknysh wrote:

All the carriers will not give data addons unless you have a maxed out phone plan. I don't need unlimited nationwide calling, but I have to pay for them if I want data.

I would already be a public mobile customer - well I am already a telus customer so I am already on this network - if I could have the $15 phone plan with a data addon.

But in order to get a data plan that would be laughable in almost any other advanced nation I have to also pay an additional $20 for phone services I do not need nor will ever use.

You can add the $30 1GB data add-on for the $15 plan if you want for   If you need more than 1GB data per 30days, it is cheaper to get the $40 plan with 5GB data.

shaneknysh

All the carriers will not give data addons unless you have a maxed out phone plan. I don't need unlimited nationwide calling, but I have to pay for them if I want data.

I would already be a public mobile customer - well I am already a telus customer so I am already on this network - if I could have the $15 phone plan with a data addon.

But in order to get a data plan that would be laughable in almost any other advanced nation I have to also pay an additional $20 for phone services I do not need nor will ever use.

popping

@Ed404 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No. The wording of the promo says ANY plan change (up or down). Feel free to test it out and let some people know via pm. I know I'd be interested.

Where does it say any change in the plan up or down terminates it?

Click the offer details on the following link.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/blackfriday

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

No. The wording of the promo says ANY plan change (up or down). Feel free to test it out and let some people know via pm. I know I'd be interested.

Where does it say any change in the plan up or down terminates it?

popping

@shaneknysh wrote:
Why are the data addons limited to a minimum of $35 phone plan. I would switch in a minute to anyone who offered decent data on a cheaper phone plan. I don't need unlimited minutes, I need 5 minutes of phone time and a crap ton of data.

This is PM's promo. An example of "Golden Rule" Tose who has the gold make the rule.

If you need ton of data, you can ge the $40 5GB  or $50 8.5GB plans with autopay and also get the one time bonus 5GB add-on.

@shaneknysh if you need a crap ton of data get the 50$ a month plan for 8.5gb a month 

@shaneknysh wrote:
Why are the data addons limited to a minimum of $35 phone plan. I would switch in a minute to anyone who offered decent data on a cheaper phone plan. I don't need unlimited minutes, I need 5 minutes of phone time and a crap ton of data.

Data add-ons can be added to any plan. However, they're often not worth purchasing.  For large amounts of data consumption, Public Mobile doesn't really target that customer.

As for the 5GB bonus only being for people who activate a $35 or more plan? That's a business decision.

shaneknysh

The problem will be that activating on $35, waiting for add-on to land in account, then scheduling a switch to $15 plan for next renewal means the data add on shouldn't disappear for quite awhile (if it does), much too late to help decide in this promotion by Monday Dec 2.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ed404 wrote:

Can I activate a +$35 plan then switch next month to the $15 and keep the 5GB bonus data?

Thanks,

Ed

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Can I activate a +$35 plan then switch next month to the $15 and keep the 5GB bonus data?

Thanks,

Ed

Need Help? Let's chat.