cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Contest has ended.

Having trouble entering our contest? We've received a lot more excitement than expected. Not to worry, you have up until December 31st to enter enter our contest! Please try again in a few days at publicmobile.ca/holiday.

Catherine_T_0-1606848529765.png

Hey Community,

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and this holiday season we are back with our More is Merrier campaign at publicmobile.ca/holiday

In the spirit of giving, this year’s rewards are bigger and better than ever before:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Win more from a pool of $10,000 worth of gift cards

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

What else you need to know:

• To be eligible for the gift card contest, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer when entering and at time of draw. Only one entry per customer accepted. Each winner will win 2 gift cards, one for themself and one to share with a friend. More details including how to enter and full Contest Rules are available at publicmobile.ca/holiday.
  • Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Share the joy:

Want to share these holiday rewards with your friends and family who are also Public Mobile customers? Here is another image you can use: 

Catherine_T_1-1606848529627.jpeg

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

699 REPLIES 699

PatB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@computergeek541 

Okay, thank you. o/

@PatB wrote:

Hi computergeek, 

You're right. I received mine in my PM registered email.

The flag is: Amazon.ca Gift Cards. 

The header is: Public Mobile sent you an Amazon Gift Card!

The body contains a "Claim Code" that you can then apply to your Amazon account, with instructions for use, including "Once applied to your Amazon account, the entire amount will be added to your gift card balance." 

I imagine the time frame is related to having to coordinate with Amazon re: getting the codes for the winners & their gifted person. Public Mobile is dependent on them so, maybe a bit of delay there. I think up to 4 weeks is the norm for these types of promotions. 

Take care all. o/

I do not believe that Amazon had anything to do with this promotion when it comes to a sponsership. If they did, there would have been Amazon logos in advertsing all over this website and it the terms of the contest would likely have specifically said that.   Digital delivery by Amazon of gift cards is almost instant after purchase. That said, someone would likely have to spend the time to submit the information to Amazon which could take time depending on peoples' schedules.

PatB

Hi computergeek, 

You're right. I received mine in my PM registered email.

The flag is: Amazon.ca Gift Cards. 

The header is: Public Mobile sent you an Amazon Gift Card!

The body contains a "Claim Code" that you can then apply to your Amazon account, with instructions for use, including "Once applied to your Amazon account, the entire amount will be added to your gift card balance." 

I imagine the time frame is related to having to coordinate with Amazon re: getting the codes for the winners & their gifted person. Public Mobile is dependent on them so, maybe a bit of delay there. I think up to 4 weeks is the norm for these types of promotions. 

Take care all. o/

@PatB 

Is Public Mobile sending these out by postal mail? As Amazon is online-only shopping, I would have though that these all went electronically either by text message or e-mail and the customer then added it to the Amazon account digitally.

PatB

Hi fricstix, 

I received mine this week, on Wednesday 3rd., so they're still in the process of mailing them out.

Take care. o/

fricstix
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am wondering if the Amazon gift cards where given out?

PatB

Hi clongul, 

I haven't received mine yet either, but I imagine it could take some time, probably up to 3 weeks at least. So I'm just keeping an eye out for that email in the meantime. 

Take care. o/

@clongul wrote:

I was one of the lucky winners and filled out the Contest Release form but haven't received anything. How do I claim my prize?

For this, I would suggest contacting Catherine_T.

clongul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was one of the lucky winners and filled out the Contest Release form but haven't received anything. How do I claim my prize?

CrankyAvocado

I just got the Amazon gift card tonight (Jan. 29)! \o/ Check your promotion or spam folder just in case your email server filtered it out. 🙂

Thanks for everyone's advice with the SMS form! Stay safe!

@marcos12 

If I remember correctly from last year the amazon e-gift cards were e-mailed 10 to 14 days after filling out the form. I would say they are imminent.

@marcos12 

I would suggest contacting Catherine privately as forum messages can quickly get lost in a large amount of other posted messages.

marcos12

@Catherine_T

I received/filled out the google form couple weeks ago but have not yet received the amazon gift certificates, did they go out?

Stay safe

Thanks

TessieBoo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dougc 

And, Happy New Year to you as well!  

dougc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congratulations to everyone who actually won something from (this)  big holiday season draw !

All the best to everyone for 2021 and beyond.

marcos12

If you used the link from the sms, you did not need to log in into your google account but if you copied the link on your device browser then yes you would have needed to log in.

Secure though, I would not worry about it.

marcos12

Congrats to all!!!!

When will we get the digital Amazon gift card?

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations for everyone who won! Sadly I wasn't one of them - maybe next time! 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Catherine_T : Any way of at least being notified of winning by way of email or pm?

A few good reasons to consider using email or pm is that:

1. many customers are home a lot more than before so may depend on their cell much less or even use a land line at home so may not see a SMS as a winner
  2. same is true of customers who use PM as a backup or low usage phone
  3. Some customers have plans with few outgoing text messages. Even if they see the winning SMS, they may not be able to reply if they have run out of text messages (and PM has no text message add-ons...  @Catherine_T  another plug to add a text message add-on?!  😉  

@Anonymous wrote:

@Catherine_T : Any way of at least being notified of winning by way of email or pm?

Yes please

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congratulations to you & good luck to all! 

CrankyAvocado

Thanks for the help everyone! Completed the form. *fingers crossed* 😄

Stay healthy everyone!

@Catherine_T 

Thanks for the heads up!

It doesn't sound like there's many winners among the regulars.....

@Anonymous 

Lol.....I have two people who would love to be informed another way!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

More is Merrier Holiday Contest Update:

SMS's were sent out to winning customers on January 13th. If you are a lucky winner, please fill out the Contest Release Form to claim your prize. Congrats to everyone who won! 

PatB

Hi, 

Yes the SMS came with an attached "docs.google.com" which I could open then & there, but knowing I would have to enter info & not trusting my pitiful text skills, I chose to enter its ID Link in the browser of my pc.

The form is specific to you only & is easy to complete. 

Please Note: it is a secure link, identified additionally with the lock icon, followed by the standard https. 

Congratulations to you & good luck to all! 

Stay safe all. o/ 

@CrankyAvocado wrote:

Congrats! Did you receive a link from a text from Public Mobile's # to a Google Doc that asked you to login to your Google account? I think I won $30 GCs too. Everything looked legitimate (especially since it was from the same text account we receive PM ads from), but the prompt to sign into Google threw me off. I sent a PM to the Moderators but haven't heard back yet. Thanks!

Hope everyone is healthy and staying safe!

@CrankyAvocado That sounds a bit fishy to me. What if you don't have a google account? You did the right thing.

CrankyAvocado

Congrats! Did you receive a link from a text from Public Mobile's # to a Google Doc that asked you to login to your Google account? I think I won $30 GCs too. Everything looked legitimate (especially since it was from the same text account we receive PM ads from), but the prompt to sign into Google threw me off. I sent a PM to the Moderators but haven't heard back yet. Thanks!

Hope everyone is healthy and staying safe!

PatB

You're just great Public Mobile! I received your SMS a few minutes ago. 

You were right, it only took 30 seconds to enter the contest & now my Grandson & I will enjoy receiving $30 Amazon gift cards. \o/ Thank you so much!

Take care & stay safe all. o/

@Jb456 wrote:

@AE_Collector  received mine today. Maybe you also got yours.

Yes it arrived in my account. “1 Gb Promo”.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.