cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Contest has ended.

Having trouble entering our contest? We've received a lot more excitement than expected. Not to worry, you have up until December 31st to enter enter our contest! Please try again in a few days at publicmobile.ca/holiday.

Catherine_T_0-1606848529765.png

Hey Community,

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and this holiday season we are back with our More is Merrier campaign at publicmobile.ca/holiday

In the spirit of giving, this year’s rewards are bigger and better than ever before:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Win more from a pool of $10,000 worth of gift cards

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

What else you need to know:

• To be eligible for the gift card contest, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer when entering and at time of draw. Only one entry per customer accepted. Each winner will win 2 gift cards, one for themself and one to share with a friend. More details including how to enter and full Contest Rules are available at publicmobile.ca/holiday.
  • Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Share the joy:

Want to share these holiday rewards with your friends and family who are also Public Mobile customers? Here is another image you can use: 

Catherine_T_1-1606848529627.jpeg

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

699 REPLIES 699

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmg135 : Do you have any of the gifts or calling add-ons? I was able to call the south. Not the north.

Edit: You still need the + or 011 to get there.

@jmg135 wrote:

i'm trying to call st. maarten

@jmg135   St. Maarten is not a country you can call with PM.  

PM long distance calling does not work on calling all countries.  Only selected counties can be called using the Add-on.  You will probably need to use Long Distance Calling Card to make the call.

This are the long distance calling countries on the list

Holiday Addon 2021
International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

**but possibly you might also call these countries
Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Macau, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan Peru, Philippines, Romania, Sweden, Taiwan, Venezuela,

jmg135
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm calling the south using area code 721 and I get a public mobile message stating "the call can not be completed as dialed, please check your number and try again". My daughter is also with public mobile and can call but neither my husband or myself can.

jmg135

i'm trying to call st. maarten

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the south (Sint Maarten), the country code happens to be 1 and then the area code appears to be 721. For the north (Saint Martin) it's 590 and both 590 and 690.

Seems I can call the south. Not the north.

@jmg135 

St. Maarten is not on the long distance add-on countries list, this is the full list:

Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. Calls must originate from Canada.

@jmg135 wrote:

Im trying to call St. Maarten. My daughter is also with public mobile and can call but I can't from my phone.

Oppps....

Try dialing 011 + 599 + 5 + Local Number.

jmg135

Im trying to call St. Maarten. My daughter is also with public mobile and can call but I can't from my phone.

@jmg135 wrote:

I responded yes on December 4th and received a message saying the 500 international long-distance bonus minutes has been added to my account but I still can not make international calls.  I there something else I'm required to do?

@jmg135 Have you checked your account to see if the LD minutes are showing there? If they are there, where are you trying to call?

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

@jmg135 

Check your self serve account to see if the add ons are listed. 

Also, which particular country are you trying to reach... one of these:

Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

jmg135

I responded yes on December 4th and received a message saying the 500 international long-distance bonus minutes has been added to my account but I still can not make international calls.  I there something else I'm required to do?

Like2cook

Glad it worked for you. Cheers, Have a Merry Christmas Holiday Season and a Better New Year than the last.

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got my bonus with a new text being sent! Thank you PM! PM is awesome! 

Like2cook

Further if it didn't work the first time Type in Yes to that Text message you receive and send it again. Don't worry you will not get it duplicated. Or don't expect getting dual bonus...HA HA

Like2cook

Did you get a message where you had to click YES? It has now become the easiest since this bonus for Christmas began.

@softech wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

But I worry someone higher up will say enough is enough and who knows what could happen then.

I agree.. seeing the chaos..and likely the effort to fix .. I also have a feeling that this could be the last one.. Enjoy what you have...

It appears to be fixed and works as slick as ........  More to come using that method for sure. 

@AE_Collector wrote:

But I worry someone higher up will say enough is enough and who knows what could happen then.

I agree.. seeing the chaos..and likely the effort to fix .. I also have a feeling that this could be the last one.. Enjoy what you have...

@softech wrote:

Supposed to be a nice gesture and turned into a disaster.

this thread is 65 pages long, and there is another thread 127 pages long.. see how confusing it is for everyone.  

Let’s call it the “Annual Recurring Disaster”. Makes no difference to me, I am long beyond losing any sleep over anything that happens here. But the work that goes into fixing things up again! I think these gifts are great and a real selling point for PM over the competition. But I worry someone higher up will say enough is enough and who knows what could happen then.

AE_Collector

Supposed to be a nice gesture and turned into a disaster.

this thread is 65 pages long, and there is another thread 127 pages long.. see how confusing it is for everyone.  

@softech wrote:

@AE_Collector   are you in on the west coast?

not saying they are the only one with trouble.. but higher chance for $15 on the west coast

and reply YES again today.. look like today is a good day

Yes BC. It was 9 AM Saturday morning when I replied YES. I will try saying YES again on one of the two just to see if the gift ultimately lands in one of the accounts only.  Can you imagine the mess if all the “YES” responses from several days are gone and we have to replay YES again! They could be hearing from customers about it missing from their account over the next year.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

Over 4 days now since I replied yes on both my accounts but rewards still haven’t arrived in my account. Both accounts are $15 plans so the problem could be related to these plans only.

AE_Collector

I replied YES on Thursday am...just this afternoon got confirmation and freebies applied to my account.

BTW...one plan @ $15 and one @ $25. Accounts are in BC.

@AE_Collector   are you in on the west coast?

not saying they are the only one with trouble.. but higher chance for $15 on the west coast

and reply YES again today.. look like today is a good day

Over 4 days now since I replied yes on both my accounts but rewards still haven’t arrived in my account. Both accounts are $15 plans so the problem could be related to these plans only.

AE_Collector

leoharvey1

All three of my accounts have now gotten the 500 minutes and the 2Gb

@hc18   it could take couple days for the bonus to apply onto your account.  You can try to reply YES one more time.

Just want to know, do you have a $15 plan?  seems like PM has some issue applying the Bonus to $15 plans

hc18

Hi I'm are an existing public mobile customer and received a text message from Public Mobile on 4th Dec regarding free one-time gift of 2GB data and 500 Intl min. I replied with a “YES” to the message and I believe the promotions would be automatically applied to my account, but it didn't. Does it take time to apply then? A week or so?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@murpharator wrote:

is there a contest ?

@murpharator 

not contest,

is it holiday gifts from public mobile,

review

More is Merrier is back! (publicmobile.ca)

murpharator

is there a contest ?

fricstix
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you for the clarification.

Need Help? Let's chat.