cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Contest has ended.

Having trouble entering our contest? We've received a lot more excitement than expected. Not to worry, you have up until December 31st to enter enter our contest! Please try again in a few days at publicmobile.ca/holiday.

Catherine_T_0-1606848529765.png

Hey Community,

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and this holiday season we are back with our More is Merrier campaign at publicmobile.ca/holiday

In the spirit of giving, this year’s rewards are bigger and better than ever before:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Win more from a pool of $10,000 worth of gift cards

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

What else you need to know:

• To be eligible for the gift card contest, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer when entering and at time of draw. Only one entry per customer accepted. Each winner will win 2 gift cards, one for themself and one to share with a friend. More details including how to enter and full Contest Rules are available at publicmobile.ca/holiday.
  • Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Share the joy:

Want to share these holiday rewards with your friends and family who are also Public Mobile customers? Here is another image you can use: 

Catherine_T_1-1606848529627.jpeg

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

698 REPLIES 698

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

good ot have these during holiday.

How about new yaer bonus. 🙂

@dude65 , it's someone else who has the limited minutes plan, not i.

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think this type of business model works and is what people are looking for! 

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HALIMACS .... for some people, 100 mins in a month (to call out) is nothing. If your going to be doing that on a regular basis, you may want to upgrade the prepaid plan.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AKingston wrote:

I've added the holiday gift of 2gbs of data to my account.  How long does that last? Just the month of December?

@AKingston  hi it stays on your account until all used up and only gets used when your normal allotment of data is used for your 30 day cycle 

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AKingston 

Stays on your account until it has all been used. No time limit to use.

@AKingston wrote:

I've added the holiday gift of 2gbs of data to my account.  How long does that last? Just the month of December?

The holiday data promo rolls over cycle to cycle until consumed.

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM YOU ARE THE BEST! 💖 💗

Still trying to use up all the free data and minutes PM gave to me from last Holiday!! 😂 🤣

AKingston
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

This gift is the same as last years gift but with an additional 100 minutes. ie. it's the old 400 minute add-on.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Thanks @pm-smayer97  & @RossN   👍

I kinda figured they may have just lumped Canada in there hastily (i vaguely recall reading some earlier posts about the list not being exhaustive, etc, etc...)

Knowing some have already used it within Canada is great to know so I can inform a person I know on the $15 plan that they have that buffer without having to add the $5 - 500 min add-on.

@HALIMACS yes it's good to know, I wondered the same thing at first since I am in the same boat lol

Thanks @pm-smayer97  & @RossN   👍

I kinda figured they may have just lumped Canada in there hastily (i vaguely recall reading some earlier posts about the list not being exhaustive, etc, etc...)

Knowing some have already used it within Canada is great to know so I can inform a person I know on the $15 plan that they have that buffer without having to add the $5 - 500 min add-on.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hi @RossN , while the general consensus is that is true (and i would think it is as well), I wonder if anyone has exceeded their minute limited plans to test this supposition for within-Canada calling?

YES many of us have... and YES it does work with local calls.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hi @RossN , while the general consensus is that is true (and i would think it is as well), I wonder if anyone has exceeded their minute limited plans to test this supposition for within-Canada calling?

@HALIMACS hi it does say in the promo that it is 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)

dude65

You can use them for cdn calling if you use up your monthly amount

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@CD93 wrote:

Does anyone know if the "500 free internal call minutes" include local calling minutes? I never do international calls, so I would only use it if it covers local minutes too. 

@CD93 hi yes they can be used for local too!!

CD93

Does anyone know if the "500 free internal call minutes" include local calling minutes? I never do international calls, so I would only use it if it covers local minutes too. 

PatB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

During these trying times, this generosity is much appreciated. I am so happy that, not only did I stumble upon Public Mobile, but that I took the chance to try your service out. 

Your community spirit & business model are unmatched & I am so grateful for all that you do. 

Kudos to all involved. \o/

BrentKilboy

The freebies are stacking up, look at my account now, lol.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
    53.366  /  1024 MB
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
    13  /  400 MIN
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US
    0  /  500 MIN
    $0 Holiday Giveaway: 2GB add-on
    0  /  2048 MB
    100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
    59  /  100 MIN
    1GB Promo
    0  /  1024 MB
    250 MB at 3G speed
    194.568  /  250 MB
    5GB one-time data bonus
    0  /  5120 MB
    Free 1000 CAN LD mins
    0  /  1000 MIN

@Jb456 wrote:

Not going to read 44 pages to see if this was mentioned but according to Public Mobiles email. You can also collect the free gifts by dialing 611.

Screenshot_20201211_153521.jpg

I think you are the first to mention that. 🙂

@gems_ca wrote:

The free data, etc... Are these add-ons valid for a month from the date of activation? And, will I have to cancel these add-on again, or will this be done automatically? Thanks.

Hi @gems_ca these free gifts add-ons will stay in your account and will rollover from month to month until fully used.  It will be done automatically.

Happy holidays!  🎄🎄🎄

gems_ca

The free data, etc... Are these add-ons valid for a month from the date of activation? And, will I have to cancel these add-on again, or will this be done automatically? Thanks.

Not going to read 44 pages to see if this was mentioned but according to Public Mobiles email. You can also collect the free gifts by dialing 611.

Screenshot_20201211_153521.jpg

Yes, they are available to new and existing customers.

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, 

@bluejaywpg wrote:

Also, if a new person joins PM this month, do they get to have those add-ons too?

Yes, the add-ons are available to all customers. They do need to still be manually added. If they are not added at the time of activation (which they can be), these customers would still have until the end of the month to add them.

bluejaywpg

Also, if a new person joins PM this month, do they get to have those add-ons too?

@bluejaywpg wrote:

I assume these add-ons never expire (time-wise) & will remain on everyone's accounts until they are used up (or the user leaves PM)?

You assume correctly.

bluejaywpg

That's awesome, thank you PM!!! 😄

I assume these add-ons never expire (time-wise) & will remain on everyone's accounts until they are used up (or the user leaves PM)?

orsetta

Thank you, everyone, for the instructions! 

Need Help? Let's chat.