cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Contest has ended.

Having trouble entering our contest? We've received a lot more excitement than expected. Not to worry, you have up until December 31st to enter enter our contest! Please try again in a few days at publicmobile.ca/holiday.

Catherine_T_0-1606848529765.png

Hey Community,

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and this holiday season we are back with our More is Merrier campaign at publicmobile.ca/holiday

In the spirit of giving, this year’s rewards are bigger and better than ever before:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Win more from a pool of $10,000 worth of gift cards

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

What else you need to know:

• To be eligible for the gift card contest, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer when entering and at time of draw. Only one entry per customer accepted. Each winner will win 2 gift cards, one for themself and one to share with a friend. More details including how to enter and full Contest Rules are available at publicmobile.ca/holiday.
  • Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Share the joy:

Want to share these holiday rewards with your friends and family who are also Public Mobile customers? Here is another image you can use: 

Catherine_T_1-1606848529627.jpeg

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

698 REPLIES 698

Sure @Spudster 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

HALIMACS_0-1607477589097.jpeg

HALIMACS_1-1607477589091.jpeg

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Can someone explain how to add this?

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps: Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

mh1983

Under add-ons from your self serve account view.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/?PageRedirect=Redi...

mh1983_0-1607452158013.png

You'll see them under talk and data columns. They're free add ons so just add them to the cart and follow the prompts.

EDIT: I see someone above provided helpful steps.  Hopefully my pointer link and image complement the steps above.

Click "Purchase add-ons"

At top of talk and data column you will see both holiday add-ons at the cost of zero.

Click plus sign next to each to add one 

The click purchase add-ons.

GerryM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I received a message saying I am eligible for free international long-distance and 2 extra Gb of data, but I can't figure out how to obtain it. Can anyone give step-by-step instructions?

4uChristina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Worked like a charm, thanks for your help. Everything is easy when you know how!

Click "Purchase Add-ons"

Both will be at the top. One under calls one under data. Purchase both art same time. 

Then go to link below to sign up for the Amazon contest.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/holiday

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps: Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

Gunner123

@4uChristina Hello go into your self-serve account click on purchase add-ons scroll down and you will see 500 long-distance minutes and your data 2 GB for free click on them to add to your account have a great day

4uChristina

I received an email for Holiday  free addons. I am in my account, where to I activate my rewards??  I copied and pasted what I received in the mail:

Get your rewards
Add your free data & long distance add-on in Self-Serve before December 31st.
While you’re there, be sure to check out our new long distance calling add-ons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rhkjcfp wrote:

I am searching the expiry dates of those holiday free and found in here. Thank Public is great.

@rhkjcfp : You have until the end of the month to pick them up. When you get them, they don't expire until fully consumed.

Edit: Oh. You added to your post. nvm

rhkjcfp

I am searching the expiry dates of those holiday free and found in here.

You have until Dec 31 to get these 2 add-ons.

Add-ons do not have expiry date.  Unused data or minutes will be rolled over to the next 30 days cycle until all consumed.

Thank Public is great.

@popping wrote:

@jgxzhang wrote:

Regarding the holiday gift of 500 min international calling and 2G data, I'd like to know what is the deadline?  after the deadline, the data and calling minutes may expire and don't work.

Add-ons do not have expiry date.  Unused data or minutes will be rolled over to the next 30 days cycle until all consumed.

You need an active plan before you can use your add-ons.  You cannot stop renewing your plan and expect your add-ons still work.

Just to add to what @popping said, you won't be able to add these free gifts until you reactivate a suspended/inactive account either.

TessieBoo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks Public Mobile!  And, Merry Christmas!

@jgxzhang 

To get these promos log into self service.

add1.jpg

Keep scrolling down until you see this:

addon.jpg

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jgxzhang wrote:

Regarding the holiday gift of 500 min international calling and 2G data, I'd like to know what is the deadline?  after the deadline, the data and calling minutes may expire and don't work.

You need an active plan before you can use your add-ons.  You cannot stop renewing your plan and expect your add-ons still work.

@jgxzhang wrote:

You have until Dec 31 to get these holiday promos in self service. The data and international minutes roll over every cycle until they are used up. These are great freebies.

jgxzhang

@perphy 

You do not need to do anything. The 2 free holiday promos (data and international minutes) roll over every cycle until consumed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perphy wrote:

Will I have to remember to delete the add-on so as not to get charged for it next month, or will it automatically adjust?

@perphy 

All Canadian add-ons are buy once then consume over time. The only rule is to have an active account to use the add-on. Reactivate and you can use them again. Let the account deactivate and they're gone along with everything else.

@perphy 

Add-on's do not automatically renew on the next renewal.

You got them until they're used up, then they're gone.

perphy

Will I have to remember to delete the add-on so as not to get charged for it next month, or will it automatically adjust?

@Rockhound wrote:

How do you apply for the free add ons for data use?

add1.jpg

Keep scrolling down until you see this:

addon.jpg

amy303

Log in to self-serve, go to the Plan and Add-ons tab and click into My Add-ons page. Scroll down and you'll see columns of Add-on choices. Click the + next to the Add-ons you want (you'll be able to see the quantity you're purchasing), and click the Buy Add-ons button.

@Rockhound 

log into your account...then find Purchase Add-ons. Then find the data add-on that's noted as free and select it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rockhound wrote:

Log in to self-serve, scroll down to Purchase Add-ons and click it, scroll down to see the large blue box of choices, click the + next to the gifts, click buy add-ons down below.

Rockhound

Teslas

Thanks for clarifying. I've been providing a referral link to make it easy and letting folks know the add-ons are a 1-time thing vs. monthly. Thanks for the tips, it can easily be misunderstood as monthly since the ads don't specify 1-time use.

@Teslas 

Make certain you have the referral thing sorted out to get everyone signed up. 

Also make certain that everyone understands how PM add-ons work ... they are one time blocks of data and Long Distance minutes that dont renew each month. The data sits in your account to be tapped into if you run out of monthly plan data. You may use a bit of it and then stop using it when your next month starts and the unused part of the add-on remains on your account to be used again in the future if needed.

I say this because we frequently see enquires on here about what happened to the 2Gb per month data bonus for signing up with Public Mobile.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.