cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Contest has ended.

Having trouble entering our contest? We've received a lot more excitement than expected. Not to worry, you have up until December 31st to enter enter our contest! Please try again in a few days at publicmobile.ca/holiday.

Catherine_T_0-1606848529765.png

Hey Community,

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and this holiday season we are back with our More is Merrier campaign at publicmobile.ca/holiday

In the spirit of giving, this year’s rewards are bigger and better than ever before:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Win more from a pool of $10,000 worth of gift cards

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

What else you need to know:

• To be eligible for the gift card contest, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer when entering and at time of draw. Only one entry per customer accepted. Each winner will win 2 gift cards, one for themself and one to share with a friend. More details including how to enter and full Contest Rules are available at publicmobile.ca/holiday.
  • Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Share the joy:

Want to share these holiday rewards with your friends and family who are also Public Mobile customers? Here is another image you can use: 

Catherine_T_1-1606848529627.jpeg

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

699 REPLIES 699

@Ed404 Yeah, nothing happens to my attempts as well - the button only increases in size. Tried with different browsers and machines with cleared cache and cookies.

MrBidwell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't think you can right now, there seems to be a bug.

Here is the bug, until this is fixed it's useless to apply: 

vendor_8bc400a8c337b5925c79.js:2 Uncaught (in promise) a: Bad Request
at r (https://publicmobile.ca/static/vendor_8bc400a8c337b5925c79.js:2:196157)

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Ed404 I just tried to enter again and nothing happens. Probably overloaded as you said. Give it a day, you have until 31 Dec. Everyone is online trying to get in on it.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kb_mv wrote:

@Ed404 There is a message that appears within the page that says you are entered. Plus I got emails confirming it. Try entering again, see what happens.

When did you enter? Perhaps now it has been overloaded or broken by users entering? When I click on the "Enter Contest" button it turns dark green and that's it. Perhaps you could try entering again and see whether you see that confirmation on the page. I have tried with 2 different web browsers and will attempt on my phone this time. Thanks

Sarlye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Thank you so much!! During this time, I actually made more phone calls to keep in touch with family and friends and these minutes come in handy.

Happy Holidays! and Keep Safe!

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Ed404 wrote:

Hi all,

When I click on "Enter Contest" there is no feedback, email confirmation or SMS to prove it actually entered me. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Ed

@Ed404 There is a message that appears within the page that says you are entered. Plus I got emails confirming it. Try entering again, see what happens.

Helpershelper

@Ed404 

Once you click submit you’re all good. The websites just a bit slow to confirm.

Ed404

Hi all,

When I click on "Enter Contest" there is no feedback, email confirmation or SMS to prove it actually entered me. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Ed

stse05

Public Mobile has always taking good care of existing and new customers with free gifts and great deals.  Thank you so much for the More is Merrier free gifts and contest!!  Good luck to everyone.

Ed404

Yay! Public Mobile is finally doing something for existing customers! I still haven't used any of my rewards from last Christmas I just like hoarding stuff 😋

ETusesPublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Think of it as having 2 Data accounts. There's a Main Account and an Add-on Account. Each month you have data refilled in your Main Account. If you overdraw from your Main Account, your Add-on Account kicks in. If you have a plan with 250Mb in Dec and you reach 251...the 2G will kick-in to cover you until your next month. When your bill is paid in Jan, your 250Mb refills, so you stop drawing from the 2G. You always draw from the Main Account FIRST. Only when that account is empty does the 2G get used. Any unused data from 2G gets carried over every month until you use it up. (Long-winded yes but I hope that helps!) 

mydoghunter

@Fandango1978 

You only keep your 2.5/month, but have a bank of 2GB to use whenever you go over your monthly allowance. This is withdrawn until the 2GB is completely used up!

sswilson

Yeah, 10 digits number with no spaces appears to work. After that it goes to a new page and hangs on "transfering data from telusmaps.korum.com so I'm not sure if I'll ever get a confirmation, but I'm going to assume it entered me into the contest.

@sabrinapitcher wrote:

Hi,

When submitting to be entered in for the Gift Card Give Away, what phone number format does it take? I have entered my cell number multiple ways and it keeps telling me to put in a valid number.  example: 709-123-1234, 7091231234, do you with a 1 in front? What am I doing wrong?

@sabrinapitcher  Your second example should work fine, adding the 1 isn't necessary.  Try again with a fresh browser and clearing your cache/cookies.

@Fandango1978 wrote:

I'm still a bit lost, is the 2GB for:

• The month of December
  • There until consumed (when going past what you are allotted on your plan
  • There until you change your account (I have 2.5GB today, will this make it 4.5 for good or until I make changes to my account)

Thanks PM no matter the answer, huge thanks if it puts me at 4.5 for good 😉

These will stay on your account until used up. You will use your plan data up first before this bonus data.

sabrinapitcher

Hi,

When submitting to be entered in for the Gift Card Give Away, what phone number format does it take? I have entered my cell number multiple ways and it keeps telling me to put in a valid number.  example: 709-123-1234, 7091231234, do you with a 1 in front? What am I doing wrong?

nanjingxu

Thank for the well timed answer!

Fandango1978

I'm still a bit lost, is the 2GB for:

• The month of December
  • There until consumed (when going past what you are allotted on your plan
  • There until you change your account (I have 2.5GB today, will this make it 4.5 for good or until I make changes to my account)

Thanks PM no matter the answer, huge thanks if it puts me at 4.5 for good 😉

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Excellent - thank you PM

We have 2 PM accounts & will let my referral friends know too.

drh

This is Awesome!    I am going out to buy a SIM card.    Now is the time to switch to PM. 

kaytus

Go into Plans and Add-ons and "purchase" it for $0.

I hope it can help.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T this is awesome!  My first Christmas gift from Public Mobile.... come to think of it my first Christmas gift for 2020 from anyone!  Thank you Thank you Thank you

97fd638534bdae0236a3e9674319b693

@mydoghunter wrote:

@kb_mv 

Do you recall if there is a message indicating that  you have been entered into the draw?

@mydoghunter   Along with the onscreen confirmation that you were successfully entered, there was also an email confirming submission.

homer

Thank you! Hope people replied in this thread will win an Amazon gift card 😄 

@Zaelium wrote:

I have the exact same problem. First I entered and it said my phone number was incorrect because I used hyphens between numbers. I tried again without them and then when I click Submit nothing happens!

@Zaelium   Along with omitting the hyphens make sure there's no spaces between the phone number digits.  Of course it's always goot to retry with a fresh browser and clearing cache/cookies too.

Dtack

Wow - thanks so very much for making Christmas merrier!  So appreciate your generosity and wishing everyone the a very joyous holiday season!

sa7375

Wow-Thank-you.jpg

nherber

Got the freebies - thanks! But cannot enter the contest using either FireFox or Edge.

only1utd

YUP   and confirm after at the bottom of page

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mwdawg wrote:

I clicked on Buy Add Ons and nothing happened

Scroll up a little and you will see the waiting message.

It is too late now.  Check you overview page to determine whether you get 2 more add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.