cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time offer: Get up to $10 off for 8 months when you activate online or in-store

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of February 4, 2020: This offer is now expired.

Update as of February 2, 2020: This offer will expire on February 3, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.

Hey Community,

Effective immediately for a limited time, new customers who activate online or in-store on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 8 months. Or receive $5 off for the first 8 months if they activate on a $15 or $25/mo plan. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4.  Select a plan.
    • $15 and $25/month plans will get $5 off for 8 months
    • Plans $35/month or higher will get $10 off for 8 months
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• This offer is availble for a limited time as of January 20th 2020 12:00AM ET 
  • Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

275 REPLIES 275

@kuri wrote:

I apologize if this had been asked before, but do we have any update to confirm when this promotion will end?

Not announced

@risaak wrote:

Hi there I just activate a week ago. Can I still get this discount? 

No, promo started January 20th.

risaak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there I just activate a week ago. Can I still get this discount? 

kuri

I apologize if this had been asked before, but do we have any update to confirm when this promotion will end?

@BestFriend 

If I remember correctly the black Friday promo on plans $35+ you received if you activated in store as well...a free SIM card. A second month credit and a 5gb data add on bonus as well as the free holiday add ons. 400 international minutes and a 1gb data add on.

So....$10+$35+$150+$15+30=$240 worth of product and credits compared with $80. The only thing that you should have done was take the $40 plan with 5gb of data rather than the $35 with only 1.5gb of data. I think you got the better deal...plus what you've been saving from your old providers plan.

@photoblair  Well that depends....as your account stands now...No. But given a couple of factors you can save some money. Did you port your number in? If yes then it's probably not worth the trouble. If you chose a new number and you are on a cheaper plan then yes. If you can go to a Wal-Mart even better.

Go to Wal-Mart (call first) to get a free SIM card with in store activation. Choose your plan. If you are currently on the $25 you might want to consider the $40 as it will be $28 after auto pay and the discount. If you think you can be conservative with your data choose the $15 it's $8 after promo and autopay and you can get the $5/500min add on to supplement the minutes...it can last up to a year if you don't call out a lot and exceed your plan minutes ....or longer?..

If you get the free SIM you can save either $50 or $90 (including $10 referral credit) minus your current plan cost. If you are on the $15 add $1 this month and you will have another months service with your credits. Remove credit card and auto pay after renewal and let it suspend on the following renewal. Use up the data and calling minutes on the first SIM and switch to the second. Repeat the following month until suspension and then just use the second SIM.

You could refer yourself...or just use the first code so your friend still gets their $1 reward. Decide if it's worth it to reactivate....maybe .....maybe not.

htauthority

@BestFriend wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@BestFriend wrote:

This is nice, but also why was the deal for black friday worse than this??? Wish I'd waited...

@BestFriend 

When replying to a post click the "quote"..so everyone knows what your asking..myself and I'm sure other will not go back through 14 pages on this thread to find a post about black Friday..

However link below was a black Friday sale.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/NEW-OFFER-2nd-Month-Free-BLACK-FRIDAY-S...

Good point @Jb456 !!! I just meant generally that I could've saved $80 from this offer, and the Black Friday offer saved me only $35ish... Wish I'd waited, and not sure why they put out such a better offer now!

PM is simply following suite with Lucky Mobile. Doubt this promo would be available otherwise.

@photoblair Sorry, no. Best option is here:https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Limited-time-offer-Get-up-to-10-off-for...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@photoblair  Sorry to hear that. But no. Welcome to PM. However, as suggested by @Jb456 in a similar query. Do the math. It may be beneficial for you to simply abandon your plan and get a new on. Welcome to PM.

@photoblair wrote:

Greetings,

I purchased a SIM this past Sunday and activated my account that afternoon. There was no indication that this promo was happening, so I was very disappointed to find that if I had waited a day I would have saved $5/month on my plan for 8 months.

I'm wondering if it is at all possible to take advantage of this promotion. We are enjoying the service and would greatly appreciate it if we could.  Much thanks!

photoblair
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Greetings,

I purchased a SIM this past Sunday and activated my account that afternoon. There was no indication that this promo was happening, so I was very disappointed to find that if I had waited a day I would have saved $5/month on my plan for 8 months.

I'm wondering if it is at all possible to take advantage of this promotion. We are enjoying the service and would greatly appreciate it if we could.  Much thanks!

@BestFriend 

Also consider all the comments on here from people who did NOT make the move between mid November and Jan 3 when there was one promo after another and then they made the switch between January 4 - 19 with no extra perks and are unhappy.

AE_Collector

BestFriend

@AE_Collector wrote:

@BestFriend 

Also need to consider what was your monthly bill and plan with your previous carrier? If you had waited two months until now for this deal would you have paid $20 a month more for two extra months? The main consideration as always should be the ongoing plan features and cost that brought you to Public Mibile, not the perks you signed up with. 

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector Ya, you could also say because I got the savings up front instead of over 8 months, then I could have invested them in Tesla stock and now I'd have saved $35*3=$105!!!  XD

I'm happy I switched, I just would've been happier switching on this deal instead of what I got earlier hahaha

@BestFriend 

Also need to consider what was your monthly bill and plan with your previous carrier? If you had waited two months until now for this deal would you have paid $20 a month more for two extra months? The main consideration as always should be the ongoing plan features and cost that brought you to Public Mibile, not the perks you signed up with. 

AE_Collector

@BestFriend wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@BestFriend wrote:

This is nice, but also why was the deal for black friday worse than this??? Wish I'd waited...

@BestFriend 

When replying to a post click the "quote"..so everyone knows what your asking..myself and I'm sure other will not go back through 14 pages on this thread to find a post about black Friday..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/NEW-OFFER-2nd-Month-Free-BLACK-FRIDAY-S...

Good point @Jb456 !!! I just meant generally that I could've saved $80 from this offer, and the Black Friday offer saved me only $35ish... Wish I'd waited, and not sure why they put out such a better offer now!

@BestFriend  If you look at it another way you saved $35 ish on black Friday.

If you also claimed the two free holiday gifts

1 gig data is $30

400 international minutes is $15

Equals $80 😁

Guess what the luckiest Chinese number is? Can't take the suspense? Its 8.

@BestFriend wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@BestFriend wrote:

@BestFriend 

@BestFriend  luck of the draw. Lol. 

@BestFriend wrote:

BestFriend

@Jb456 wrote:

@BestFriend wrote:

@BestFriend 

@BestFriend wrote:

@BestFriend 

BestFriend

vistaliving

Hi,

I know the $5/$10 promo will be added within 30 days of activation.

Just wondering if anyone who has signed up seen the promo appear in their account yet?

Again, I know it's still early, but just wondering if anyone has seen it applied to their account. 

@Jb456  Am i going crazy or did an entire page disappear from this thread? Has it been moved? It wasn't off topic..? Its not in my profile or unmoderated items....

@computergeek541   Can you shed any light on this?

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great deal!

Answered many times in this topic already. The promo wasn't offered until Jan 20. If you look back through comments in this topic you will see the only way is to port out to a different provider and then port back in to Public Mobile before this offer ends OR walk away from your account, phone number & Sim card and start over. Many factors to consider to determine if it is worth the effort or not. 

AE_Collector

@elsa2020 wrote:

I just open an new account on Jaunary 17th, 2020. can i get lunar new year promotion?

Unfortunately no. Sorry!. Jan 20th it started.

What plan did you select did you port a number in or got a new number? Maybe do the calculations and see if it's worth getting another sim and letting your Jan17th account run out so you can take advantage of the 8month discount...see if it makes sense money wise.

If you ported your number in..to keep it you'd have to get another sim for like lucky mobile, etc..port it out to them...get new sim for public mobile..sign up with new number to take advantage of 8 month promo discount...then port your number from lucky back to new Public Mobile account.

I suggest you do the calculations..

elsa2020

I just open an new account on Jaunary 17th, 2020. can i get lunar new year promotion?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Limited-time-offer-Get-up-to-10-off-for...

@flashasif wrote:

Yes 100% agreed that if existing customers are not offered any thing then moving to Luck Mobile will be the only option.. will wait a week or so before jumping the boat..

@flashasif  I agree with @AE_Collector  and refer you to my post as above. @will13am  here's hoping it's easy peasy as you say.....

Edit: Read 6th post in.... @will13am  not easy peasy don't know what step I'm missing yet again. Insert exasperated emoji here.

Stevemic16

Yes I’m pumped I waited it out. Was going to switch when they had 30 days free but this deal is much better. Glad to leave Rogers 

Maybe a SIM Swap group can be set up so everyone making the same threat over at Lucky can swap sims with the PM customers to make the change easier.

Clearly one has accrued no referal rewards or loyalty rewards if it is that easy to just jump back and forth to save a relatively small amount of "limited time" money. Not sure what other companies everyone has done business with before but the only cell company I know of who hands out decent ongoing rewards as well as free gifts to existing customers is Public Mobile.

Seems like the more they hand out the more people threaten to leave the following month when there isn't a "free gift"!

I try not to lose sight of the main reason I moved to PM, a much less expensive plan. The rewards and free gifts are icing on the cake. I switched from my old $40 plan with another provider to PMs identical featured $23 plan. I made the switch taking advantage of of one of the $10/month for 6 months new customer promos but NEVER expected any sort of continual "new customer like" perks afterwards, the $17 per month saving IS really the main perk.

AE_Collector

flashasif

Yes 100% agreed that if existing customers are not offered any thing then moving to Luck Mobile will be the only option.. will wait a week or so before jumping the boat..

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Awesome promo.  Hopefully those who were thinking of activating recently are glad they waited.  

Need Help? Let's chat.