cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time offer: Get up to $10 off for 8 months when you activate online or in-store

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of February 4, 2020: This offer is now expired.

Update as of February 2, 2020: This offer will expire on February 3, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.

Hey Community,

Effective immediately for a limited time, new customers who activate online or in-store on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 8 months. Or receive $5 off for the first 8 months if they activate on a $15 or $25/mo plan. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4.  Select a plan.
    • $15 and $25/month plans will get $5 off for 8 months
    • Plans $35/month or higher will get $10 off for 8 months
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• This offer is availble for a limited time as of January 20th 2020 12:00AM ET 
  • Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

275 REPLIES 275

jxn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Would Public Mobile kindly apply this promption to the new activated existing costumer? I just actived 2 days ago

HarveyAintHere

I know right haha. Kinda feeling real salty right now lol. Signed up on Jan 15th as that's when my phone arrived, and this awesome deal is only for Jan 20th+ members rip.

@thenixter wrote:

Hi anyway to have it retroactively applied? I also signed up last week. Would have waited had I known.

thenixter

Hi anyway to have it retroactively applied? I also signed up last week. Would have waited had I known.

HarveyAintHere

WOW I'm unlucky. Literally haven't been signed up for a week, and I miss out on this deal...

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to PM!

@yever wrote:

new user here. Just activated with free sim at warlmart.

kerago
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why is it always for new customers???

Why can't you get some hot deals for existing customers who had paid you a lot and wish to stay with you?

apurvanataraj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there a possiblilty of getting some nice promos for existing customers?
Most have been for new customers (understandably, to increase the base) but I am hoping there is something in the works for those of us who are already fans of PM.

Smiley Happy

rcheung28

I missed the promo by 31 minutes. I signed up on January 19th, 11:29PM PT.

PM tends to put their announcements in ET time including this one, and by that logic my plan would've been activated on Jan 20th 2:29AM ET. 

But too bad my account self serve page says 19th. Sooooo bummed out.

It says first credit will be applied within 30 days. So continue to check your self serve account. If you signed up yesterday then you have qualified. 

Here’s what else you should know:

• All customers that activated on January 20th will receive this promotion
  • Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

You could contact moderators to co firm if you have qualified.

Simon.JPG

@Freshsmooth wrote:

I just signed up for a new $50 plan yesterday (January 20) at about 2PM Eastern time (EST), 

does that mean I automatically qualified for the promo?  Is there any way to confirm I qualified for it without having to wait until my 2nd month to check?  

I read online that it started at 1PM on January 20 but it didn't mention what time zone.  

They have already said that all new customers signing up any time on January 20, even before the announcement, are good to go. They say it may take up to 30 days for the credit to show up in your "Available Funds" total on your account. But most likely it will be there in a week or two I would guess.

AE_Collector

Freshsmooth

I just signed up for a new $50 plan yesterday (January 20) at about 2PM Eastern time (EST), 

does that mean I automatically qualified for the promo?  Is there any way to confirm I qualified for it without having to wait until my 2nd month to check?  

I read online that it started at 1PM on January 20 but it didn't mention what time zone.  

Fluidmax

@AE_Collector wrote:

@yever 

Thanks for the report of a free SIM Card. What province/city?

AE_Collector

Walmart usually has a PM free Sim promo...even if they don't have one going you can ask and they usually just give it to you if you are activating in store. At least that is my experience and for may people I know.

marimacas

Great promo for new customers!

I was wondering if you could launch new offers to exsisting customers? It would make everyone happy!

yever

@AE_Collector wrote:

@yever 

AE_Collector

Richmond Hill ON. The rep also asked me if I have referal code, but I didn't have one.

@yever 

AE_Collector

yever

new user here. Just activated with free sim at warlmart.

dboxtvinfo715

Hmmmm.... I like this plan 28 per month for 5 gb but I already have 2. Plans ????!!!!!   May have to buy new sim 

Writer56

Unfortunately no. Just a case of bad timing. Activations before Jan 20th are not eligible.

@XionBunny   Referrals can come from different sources. Some members actively purchase discounted SIM cards to offer them during promotions to those who do not have easy access to a retail location or offer them for free during bonus referral credit promotions. Another member bought a bulk order and left them for free with his referral code written on them in his large company's cafeteria to eventually get a few hundred referrals. Other people leave their referral code on sites that allow it such as Reddit, kijiji and Craigslist. I haven't tried any of these methods but they seem to be very successful.

I have been able to get referrals thru friends and acquaintances by bringing up public mobile whenever a conversation turns to talk about mobile phones and the cost of plans. I'll present the cost of public mobiles plans and the most common promos. I'll offer to keep them informed of the next promo and follow up with a text or email when one comes up. I also make a note of people currently on a contract and ask when it finishes to follow up with them when it gets down to the last few months.

I've gotten a couple referrals just by waiting in line at London drugs at the electronics department by piping up and promoting public mobile with customers unsure about which provider to go with and convinced them to go with pm. I have also recieved a couple of referrals from the community by simply offering some good advice and the member has messaged me privately to ask for my code as a thank you for my advice. Quite the surprise as I've never expected that but most appreciated.

It never hurts to identify the cheapskate in your social circle, workplace or place of study. There is always at least one that leaves a crappy tip (or none at all) at a restaurant  or never ponies up a gift or a donation drive. They always want to save money so selling them on pm's cheap plans, promos and your referral code to recieve the $10 credit may be easier than you think. Just keep your eyes and ears open to identify potential customers and use your knowledge gained on the community to help them with their activation and how to join the community so they can learn how to manage their service. With a little effort and some good luck you'll get some referrals under your belt.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If I had people to refer I'd probably save a tonne as well, but not all of us do..

For everyone disappointed because they have signed up for public mobile in the last two weeks so and either missed the last promotion or the current one as @AE_Collector so eloquently put it the savings by switching to public mobile from your previous provider were already enticement enough without a promotion. I can commiserate but do not despair!

I waited and waited thru most of the summer last year waiting for a flash sale from public mobile (apparently it was a very dry summer.) Finally I could wait no longer paying too much for my service and furious as long term customer ( 7 years and 20 years) the loyalty department would not offer me any kind of incentive I switched my freedom phone (followed 3 weeks later by my telus phone.)  In both cases i activated 2 days before a flash sale and I didnt have a referral code for the first account. I did refer myself for the second account and was able to take advantage of the RBC promo. So I did save a little bit on my second account activation.

Am I disappointed I missed out on $90 worth of promotional savings? I was at first. But by just switching in 5 months I have saved $175. With a little work put in referring friends and family and a lot of work helping out on the community I have reduced the cost of my two accounts to $5 a month. A reduction of 94% of my previous monthly phone bills. With rewards and referral credits I have saved an additional $180. That's $355 +tax in savings since switching providers. If nothing changes with my rewards in one year I will have saved $795! 

So don't dwell on your missed opportunity of a flash sale. Use it to your advantage and get some of your friends and family to switch to public mobile. Use public mobiles rewards to reduce your bill even more and over time these will more than make up for not having a promotion when you signed up. Future bonus referral credits will also let you reduce your bill if you put the work in when they are available. These kind of incentives are not offered by any other mobile provider nor do they give away free gifts like calling and data add ons that pm offers once or twice a year.

Always keeping us on our toes public mobile announced the promotion on a Monday rather than the more common Friday announcements and with an open ended expiry. I only hope they communicate the expiry better than the last two promos whose expiry dates needed clarification due to a poor (almost non-existent) announcement. It is very nice to see a promotion in January and correctly predicted by one member who wished for a lunar New Year promo. Thanks public mobile and @Tiana_V  for surprising us once again with another great promotion.

Everyone, I understand that people who activated earlier might be dissapointed that this promotion only started today, but if an account was started before January 20, the customer isn't eligible for this offer.

rktc_2003

Great promotion, 

It's been very much helpful for referrals. 

Friends will love to join PM.

SKVIII

I just activated in store on JAN 19, what can I do?

dra3b

I activated on the 18th. Is there any way for me to get that promotion?

BDW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wonderful promo!!! Thanks Public. I know some people who would love this offer!! 

I'm sure most came to PM for the plans and prices, not hoping there would be promotions that they were eligible for every month or two. As with almost all services like cell service, your only shot at getting a new customer promo once when you sign on. All the past promotions can easily be seen right here on the community and a quick look there confirms there are constantly new customer promos. If you signed up with no extra promotions you either didn't do any research or the regular deal was worth the move anyway even without any extra perks. In my opinion use this promo as a way to get all your friends and family onboard and cash in on some long term rewards rather than worrying about short term rewards.

AE_Collector

kmlc

This is a great deal for new customers, the rewards really add up with public mobile.

@pmmobile wrote:

@noidea  It wouldn't hurt to message the moderators using this link  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 or with the "?" on bottom of screen to ask them nicely for a goodwill gesture. Good luck

IMHO that would be a complete waste of resources. The eligibility is clearly defined in the first post of this announcement. If you are not meeting the criteria: sorry, too bad.

Want to imagine the mess when one moderator would grant this person retroactive eligibility to yesterday? Then the person who signed up last week should get it too. Oh, and I signed up three years ago, so my eligibility should be retroactively honoured as well!

As mentioned time and time again: nobody stops you from opening a new account. It's up to you to decide if the savings are worth the hassle (and potential loss of rewards and/or unused available funds and unused plan features, etc) to you.

noidea

Thanks for the reply.  Worth a shot.....

Need Help? Let's chat.