Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited Time Sale [Extended to Oct 31] 50GB plan for $45/month

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

J_PM_0-1697552478289.png

Hey Community, 

The Limited Time Sale is back with even more savings. Starting today until October 31th, customers can now take advantage of our latest Canada-US plans and more. Whether you're traveling for work, school, or simply catching up with family and friends, our Canada-US plans will suit your needs.

40GB for $5o | Canada-US | 5G speed | subscribe now

• For a limited time, pay $0 for an eSIM or $5 for a physical SIM card. 

Offer Details 

• 40 GB Data at 5G Speed¹
  • 5G Speed up to 250mbps and unlimited data at reduced speed²
  • Unlimited Canada-US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging³
  • Earn $2.50/month in points value with our Public Points

50GB for $45 | 5G speed | subscribe now

Offer Details 

• 50 GB Data at 5G Speed¹
  • 5G Speed up to 250mbps and unlimited data at reduced speed²
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging³
  • Earn $2.25/month in points value with our Public Points

Limited Time Sale Offers 

The latest plans don’t stop there. You can review all our latest plans by visiting our subscription plans page.   

How to Get these Offers: 

• Visit Public Mobile subscription plans.
  • Select offer of choice. Note: you can toggle between 3G, 4G and 5G subscriptions. 
  • Subscribe online:
    To register now click here 
    To log in to your account, click here 
Spoiler
  • applicable to all offers
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.
  • Total data allotment is provided upfront for the 90-day subscription plan at time of purchase.
    Discounted price we continue post 90-day until the plan is changed on the account.

- The Public Mobile Team

76 REPLIES 76

Fico
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Will public mobile be getting 5G+ in Canada? Some other providers in Canada have it. 

@Amped- Good spotting. Yes from past posts about the roaming plans it does not have unlimited data. @J_PM 

Amped
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You've mentioned that the 60GB Can-US plan has unlimited data at reduced speed, but on the plan page it doesn't mention that for that plan. Is this a mistake?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I got public mobile far my children the service works OK but each time I sign in to view the details, man pulling teeth is faster than this. Its a real pain. It just circles and circles. The sales and deals are quite attractive but.....

@aip0401- Not T-Mobile. That was in fact the only way we could do roaming talk before volte was introduced. But with the severe restrictions on enabling devices for volte it's still the only option for many. Unfortunately, T-Mobile has no infrastructure in Alaska.

aip0401
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

2G has long been shut down in the US.

@hTideGnow- You're not understanding what I've been saying. It has been claimed here that a phone that is not enabled here can work for roaming volte. I have never seen this reported. An enabled phone, sure.
I have been here all along even when away from home. I just don't post as much.

My phone works perfectly fine for volte on another provider and is not outdated. It's that this place has unjustifiably severe restrictions on allowing devices.

I would also like an official confirmation for your question. How can an account be permissioned for volte if it doesn't work though?

Hi @dust2dust  you probably on the Community less now, it is true that we have so many confirmations that VoLTE works and people do not need 2G.  I remember yours is not even a North American  phone, maybe get a new phone and use VoLTE.  No carrier can support outdated phones forever. 

But @J_PM , I just want to confirm, is it true that even the phone is not on VoLTE whitelist with PM, if it is on T-Mobile's whitelist, it will work?  My friend in Telus told me because the voice traffic in US is only between T-Mobile and and the devices , so as long as the account is permissioned for VoLTE, and on T-Mobile's VoLTE whitelist, it will work

Maybe those that get overly upset when they get corrected on their postings should not call people being overly upset about the whitelisting. Maybe. Like not be hypocritical. Like maybe not targeting individuals with comments as befits the status of an oracle.

We do not see any kind of huge drop in these complaints. Where do you get off saying that? We just had one right around the time this thread started. I have never seen anyone state here that they did not have volte while in Canada but suddenly got volte while in the US. That is a spurious claim.

I pay an average of $2.50US per 30 days for a US service. I activated and inserted the sim and volte just simply appeared. No OS change. No settings change. It was just there. And it worked. Using T-Mobile. This whitelist is evil.

You are right @Phil_Adelphus , some phones not on the VoLTE list and not having VoLTE here , but reported working in US.  That's why we see a huge drop in complain about lack for roaming voice support in US  

Unfortunately, sometimes people are overly upset when their own devices are not on the list, and forgot to look at the overall industry or the technical needs to introduce something slowly to avoid network congestion (necessary evil 🙂 ) .    But I know PM will take all constructive suggestions and feedback and will improve on it. 

@softech   One thing I've noticed a few times is that phone models that are supposedly VoLTE capable but not whitelisted for PM often also have complaints from people on US carrier forums that their phones don't get VoLTE even though capable (and sometimes also whitelisted).   So it seems very much YMMV there too.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Nice marketing to entice customers towards the roaming plan.  Thanks. 

For VoLTE, PM is no doubt the front runner within Teir 3 and Prepaid providers.  Still have room for improvement but GREAT JOB:  

Owned by Rogers:
Chatr: No
Zoomer: No
Cityfone: No
Fido: Postpaid plans, whitelisted devices only
Rogers: 5G postpaid plans, whitelisted devices only

Owned by Telus:
Kodoo: whitelisted phones only
Public Mobile: whitelisted phones only
Telus: Postpaid plans, whitelisted devices only

Owned by Bell:
Virgin Plus: Postpaid plans only, reportedly no whitelist
Lucky Mobile: No
PC Mobile: No official information
Bell: "Eligible" rate plans only, unknown whitelist

Others:
Freedom: Yes
Z-tar (Speakout, Good2go): No

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

From the VoLTE FAQ page "VoLTE Roaming services are now available in the US enabling Public Mobile customers to place and receive calls over the LTE network. If there is no VoLTE coverage or if customers don’t have a VoLTE-Roaming enabled device, customers will continue roaming on the 3G/HSPA network."

Shouldn't this say "2G where available" since there is next to no 3G any more in the USA?   A while back other carriers (I don't know about PM) were sending out alerts to people with phones that rely on 3G and don't have VoLTE that they would no longer work when roaming in the USA.

@hairbag1  just confirmed. The plan is available for all customers! 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

existing customers not gonna be too pleased to be excluded from the offer...

Canada-US Plan | 60 GB for $65 $50 | 5G speed | subscribe now

• Savings of $15 a month with a 90-day subscription 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Great plans and more choices!!

Need Help? Let's chat.