cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Issue Resolved] Payment and activation bug

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Great news! We’re writing this update to let you know that our technical team has been successful in addressing two issues that have frequently been spotted in the Community. We want to extend a big thank you to you, our customers, for flagging these issues to us and keeping us on the ball. See below for details:

1. Enough funds but plan didn’t renew: The first is a bug that may occur when there are enough funds in a customer’s account but the payment is not taken. The common workaround is to make a manual $1 payment to the account to kickstart the payment being taken once again. A fix for this was deployed on September 18, 2019, and since then, no new cases have been flagged as we monitored for further instances.
  2. Timeouts while activating a SIM: Second, as we became aware of an issue on our web portals which were causing newly activating customers to experience a timeout (and need to wait 50 minutes for their next attempt), we decided to improve our hardware capabilities during the month of August to October, which would help us handle additional traffic and demand. Thus far, the solution has been effective in dropping observed cases to zero since the week of September 30th.
  3. Coming soon - a fix for the US Roaming Bug which affects customers returning to Canada after roaming in which they are unable to receive SMS’s. A fix for this is in the pipeline and we’ll be turning our immediate attention to this in the coming weeks!

We’re continuing to focus on ways to make your experience greater by improving the reliability of our systems, and we hope you’re as excited as us that these items are being taken off the to-do list one-by-one 🙂 . Let us know what you think down below!

-Public Mobile Community Team

78 REPLIES 78

@jacquelinemywon wrote:

Are you currently accepting AMEX payments? I tried to change my credit information to use my AMEX for autopay but it shows up with an error message. 

Hi @jacquelinemywon 

It should work
Try in incognito mode

Don't use unit number

Don't use spaces in postal code

jacquelinemywon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are you currently accepting AMEX payments? I tried to change my credit information to use my AMEX for autopay but it shows up with an error message. 

@saint0sent wrote:

To the admin,

This is my first time to pay my public mobile payment. I chose 25 dollars a month as a plan. Unfortunately, earlier today I could not encode my voucher number. The store supervisor told me that I should write comment to the public mobile community. Can you help me guys to solve the problem. I NEED TO REACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT today. THANK YOU

Sometimes, there is a delay from the time of purchase until the time the voucher starts working. If you try again later on, it should work.  If that doesn't work, open a support ticket using https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and typing in "contact us".

saint0sent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To the admin,

This is my first time to pay my public mobile payment. I chose 25 dollars a month as a plan. Unfortunately, earlier today I could not encode my voucher number. The store supervisor told me that I should write comment to the public mobile community. Can you help me guys to solve the problem. I NEED TO REACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT today. THANK YOU

@brbuchan1 wrote:

I still cannot make a payment to my account. It will not recognize my card to put the money on the account. I will be travelling to the U.S. and need to put add ons on my phone.  Need help

@brbuchan1  Create a ticket via simon (?) the moderators have been very quick lately so they may get back to you in an hour or two. In the meantime make sure you clear your browser and use secret/incognito mode preferably using chrome or firefox. Make sure your address is exactly like your statements billing address but leave the apt/unit box blank and no space in the postal code. Use ALL CAPS if necessary.  You can try adding it thru the autopay option then leave it on for the $2 reward and it's on your account for future use.

@Meganmariie  Depending on where you purchased your voucher they can take up to 24 hours to activate. As weĺl be sure you are using the correct 12 digit code. It can be listed as a redemption code rather than the voucher code. So if there are two 12 digit codes on the voucher try the other one. If possible use a laptop or tablet with a clear browser and secret/incognito mode. Remember you can 611 to load your vouchers and purchase add ons as well.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@free1reign wrote:

charged 45.20

not taking my refer a friend or auto pay ??

Its a $40 plan how does it come to 45.20 ??

Othertimes it was less

@free1reign as @GinYVR mentioned, taxes explain the amount you were charged, assuming you're in a province with a combined sales tax rate of 13% (e.g. Ontario, maybe others).  1.13 x $40 = $45.20.

You said you were charged less before?  How much?  Did you have some rewards or perhaps promo credits, maybe?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

free1reign

charged 45.20

not taking my refer a friend or auto pay ??

Its a $40 plan how does it come to 45.20 ??

Othertimes it was less

brbuchan1

I still cannot make a payment to my account. It will not recognize my card to put the money on the account. I will be travelling to the U.S. and need to put add ons on my phone.  Need help

@MeganmariieClick on the ? on the lower right hand corner. Describe your issue in short phrases to SIMon once it understands you, type submit ticket to get a support ticket generated for you. Since Public Mobile is the lowest tier of the Telus corporation, corners have to be cut somewhere ie no call centre, this is the only way to contact the staff / moderaters, expect them to get back to you in about 48 hours.

Meganmariie

My phone won't allow me to add the 1 dollar I need to reactivate my account! No payment vouchers are working and I've purchased 2 from different locations , it's getting frustrating now with no contact information for this company.

Be patient, avoid the frustration, don't project human motivations over machine programming... 

If the first and second attempts didn't work then wait an hour before trying again. Time to let the servers all catch up with each other, time to let the imposed (anti-spam, anti-bot, anti-brute) timeouts expire. If subsequent attempts continue to faik then something's broken - on your end, on their end, anywhere in between - change what you must, control what you can, let the rest go, no need for great drama and passion because (for whatever reason) an account couldn't be instantly created.

Many problems at PM correct themselves if you simply wait a little while. Without banging on the keys. 

@1chels wrote:

I don't think the bugs are all out yet, I've been trying to activate for abt an hr now, just not happening, keeps timing out, now the sim card doesn't regester, can't log in because the email doesn't register, so I can't reset the password it wouldn't take in the first place.

It did take the $$ no problem though.....funny eh? Total PITA, here's looking forward to customer service call first thing in the morn....grrr

@1chels  I know from personal experience activation can be an exercise in frustration. If you are waiting out a lock out session you may want to read the activating your sim in the help articles. Just type it into the search bar. There are some basics you will need to follow to achieve success. First pour yourself a tasty beverage of your choice ; a hot cup of tea, cold beer or a glass of a spicy, well rounded malbec. Have beside you pen and paper to write down your pin, security question and answer and password. You can screen shot these as well but never hurts to have extra back up. Also have copy of your credit card statement so you can be exact with your address at the beginning and at the end when you enter your credit card info. Have your friends referral code ready to enter on the first page. Now before you begin clear your browser and use secret mode before you start and use Firefox or chrome they work better with the public mobile site. Ok get started don't rush and don't rush the site by double clicking. Take your time but be methodical. Double check everything before you submit and move to the next page. Even if you are porting in your own number it can be easier to choose a temporary one for time and port it in afterwards. It's usually quicker and if you have any start up issues with your phone or services you can fix them and still have your regular phone number working. This will make page 2 much easier to get through. Once on page 3 just choose your plan don't worry about add ons. Enter the promo code in the box using ALL CAPS and no spaces. Enter your credit card info and your address exactly like the statement but do not use the apt/unit box. Leave it blank. Do not use a space in the postal code either.  Make sure you are registered for autopay. Enter your payment amount. Scan your work to make sure everything matches and submit. Takes a good long minute for it to submit so be patient. Fingers crossed and your welcome email and text with your pin code is on the way. Make sure your SIM is in the phone and reboot it if necessary. Once you have all three services working you can go in to your account and port your number if needed. Come back for more help or at least report on your success. Bravo...and welcome to public mobile.

@1chelsThere is no customer service to call @ Public Mobile, if you need help you will need to contact the moderators by clicking on the ? on the lower right hand corner. Moderators usually respond within 48 hours.

1chels

I don't think the bugs are all out yet, I've been trying to activate for abt an hr now, just not happening, keeps timing out, now the sim card doesn't regester, can't log in because the email doesn't register, so I can't reset the password it wouldn't take in the first place.

It did take the $$ no problem though.....funny eh? Total PITA, here's looking forward to customer service call first thing in the morn....grrr

@3mom 

Don't be confused by your actual renewal date. If online said payment day was yesterday, that means today is renewal day, not yesterday.

AE_Collector

@Carleys5 

You may want to start your own topic thread to get more visibility for your issue.  

Website is finicky.  You could try a different web browser, clearing cache or incognito mode.  Chrome incognito works well with this site.

With address, if apartment number, leave that section blank.  With postal code, sometimes leave a space in between first 3 digits, sometimes no space.

Also, if you try too many times, sometimes PM will lock you out.  Then you will need to contact moderator to help set up autopay.  Click on the right lower corner question mark on this website and start the ticketing process.  

Carleys5

Hi There!

i am a new customer trying to activate and my visa is being declined as well as my visa debit I have spoke to the bank and they are saying all is good on their side. The card number and billing addresses are correct. Any advice? 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@3mom click here to start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and get a ticket and the moderators will get back to you usually within 48 hours but hopefully sooner and fix that on your account! It happened to me last week and the got back to me within 4 hours!  

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

3mom

So my payment was due today & I'm on Auto-pay. PM should have taken my payment today, but instead I had to reactivate my plan AND I was not credited for my Auto-pay or loyalty rewards. I'm hoping this issue gets resolved quickly & efficiently! @CS_Agent  

GR
Mayor / Maire

@lucas36 click la  et la restart ton telephone 

lucas36

YesCapture.PNG

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@lucas36

Your plan should cost $36 ($40, minus $2 AutoPay, minus $2 Loyalty)... But maybe won't renew if you don't have $40 in account.

Try clean browser cache/cookies (or a different browser) and wait a few minutes, then login Self-Serve again.

If the "Reactivate Plan" option doesn't appear then try kicking the system with a small payment ($1).

(Sorry English, but mon Francais is embarassing. ) 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@lucas36  Il y a ti UN bouton qui sit "reactivate account"?  

lucas36

@hairbag1 wrote:

Excellent start...keep up the good works.

Salut ça fait maintenant 2 ans que je suis avec public mobile, alors j'ai eu droit a 2 dollard de rabais. Aujourd'hui 2019-10-18 mon forfait a 40$(-2$de loyauté) ces terminé alors je suis aller remettre 38$ dans mon compte pour activer mon compte. Mais aucune activation a été faite. ps besoin d'aide

SteffenLT

Bug #1 is still plauging me and my account is currently suspended. Funds are not being withdrawn for some reason. There are plenty of funds in the account and Autopay worked fine last month. I also cannot manually initiate any payment, the error reads "...unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed...". My credit card info has not changed and I have re-entered the details. Its a standard Canadian VISA. Please help!

ajit

The web site seems to be the problem.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@ajitDoes your SIM card works on another phone?

ajit

This did bot work for my account

Need Help? Let's chat.