cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Public Mobile

[Issue Resolved] Payment and activation bug

Hey Community,

Great news! We’re writing this update to let you know that our technical team has been successful in addressing two issues that have frequently been spotted in the Community. We want to extend a big thank you to you, our customers, for flagging these issues to us and keeping us on the ball. See below for details:

1. Enough funds but plan didn’t renew: The first is a bug that may occur when there are enough funds in a customer’s account but the payment is not taken. The common workaround is to make a manual $1 payment to the account to kickstart the payment being taken once again. A fix for this was deployed on September 18, 2019, and since then, no new cases have been flagged as we monitored for further instances.
  2. Timeouts while activating a SIM: Second, as we became aware of an issue on our web portals which were causing newly activating customers to experience a timeout (and need to wait 50 minutes for their next attempt), we decided to improve our hardware capabilities during the month of August to October, which would help us handle additional traffic and demand. Thus far, the solution has been effective in dropping observed cases to zero since the week of September 30th.
  3. Coming soon - a fix for the US Roaming Bug which affects customers returning to Canada after roaming in which they are unable to receive SMS’s. A fix for this is in the pipeline and we’ll be turning our immediate attention to this in the coming weeks!

We’re continuing to focus on ways to make your experience greater by improving the reliability of our systems, and we hope you’re as excited as us that these items are being taken off the to-do list one-by-one Smiley Happy . Let us know what you think down below!

-Public Mobile Community Team

Mayor / Maire

Re: [Issue Resolved] Payment and activation bug

Excellent start...keep up the good works.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for listening!

Oracle

Thanks for the update, Alan.  Good to hear.  That US roaming bug has been plaguing PM customers ever since roaming was introduced in Nov 2016.  Sadly, I've hardly known a time when this bug didn't exist, since that was also the month I joined PM.

Oracle

Glad to see some fixes being implemented.  We will be monitoring to see if new cases come up with these issues.  Looking forward to a fix for the US roaming bug as I head to the US in just under 2 weeks

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

That's really great news.  Three major annoyances down.

A few more to go. Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Glad to see some fixes being implemented.  We will be monitoring to see if new cases come up with these issues.  Looking forward to a fix for the US roaming bug as I head to the US in just under 2 weeks

@ShawnC13 knowing the pace of changes at PM, I'm guessing the fix won't be in place in time for your trip.  Keep in mind the preventative workaround of submitting a ticket to manually remove your add-on the moment you get back into Canada.  If you can get that actioned in time, you won't experience the bug at all.  

@Alan_K I have to say I'm shocked and impressed.  Please, keep up the good work!!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Today Oct 7 is my payment date. "Transactions" shows they took my $40 but didn't credit my Rewards (not even Autopay). It's 1215pm EDT, is it possible that's coming? Doesn't make sense because the credits should be applied before the balance owing is calculated.

Thanks.

=aw

Great to see these issues being tackled. That returning to Canada problem appears to be particularly annoying though I haven’t had occasion to have this problem yet.

Can I drive my “inability to print off or email a simple receipt for services” problem to the end of the lineup and park it there for upcoming attention?

Terry

@ottawa wrote:

Today Oct 7 is my payment date. "Transactions" shows they took my $40 but didn't credit my Rewards (not even Autopay). It's 1215pm EDT, is it possible that's coming? Doesn't make sense because the credits should be applied before the balance owing is calculated.

Thanks.

=aw

Are you certain you have renewed today and not tomorrow? The date indicated for payment is always the last day of service meaning get your payment done so you are ready for renewal over night tonight.

Terry