cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you search for help? Let us know!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

As a digital-first brand, we are always looking for ways to make getting help easier for our customers. With that said, we’d love to better understand how you search for help.  

Let us know by filling out this quick survey (survey will end on Feb 7, 2021, 11:59PM EST).

Excited to hear from you! 

- The Public Mobile Team

22 REPLIES 22

@Brenda62  you are trying to look for the Account number?

if so, Logon as Self-Serve and it's on the Top Right

softech_0-1622687600238.png

I understand you are thinking to leave due to payment issue.  Maybe we can try to help?

You already put in a new Visa Debit and unable to pay still? when you try to pay, what options you were given?  Were you given the choice to pay amount due as well as manual amount?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brenda62 : Did you successfully submit a support ticket? Then no reply? Do you have a little number over the little envelope in the upper right? If so that indicates a reply. It's probably expired by now so you'll need to submit another one.

What balance is showing in your Available Funds? What plan are you on? Can you manually pay into your account an amount to get your Available Funds more than your plan cost. Don't choose Amount Due.

Brenda62
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Maybe I am alone, but as a long term older customer, in Canada I really miss the great customer service that mall booths offered. I find help now is all self serve, and the problem posts are not answering my problem. Why doesn't a live person answer 611, or 1-855-478-2542? Waited a week for someone to contact me, but still my phone doesn't work. Because of a scammer, TD bank told me to cancel my Visa. I did, and immediately my phone was cancelled without warning. I removed my old Visa number, and entered my debit visa. Accepted it, but still my phone doesn't work. Payment site, wouldn't let me put in amount. A simple moderator email or call to me would fix things. After 10 years, I need to cancel and find a provider that understands service. How do I find my account number to cancel? What a nightmare of customer service!!!   

mister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hmm.. I did not know anything about this, so long as google is connected to any surveys I will not be participating in any such phishing scams associated to google, as it is I rip everything google out of my phone when new and only the android operating system remains even if I must tolerate the endless notifications claiming my phone will not without google enabled.

One day I will figure out how to gain OS ROOT level access to my phones operating system and kill all such deceitful notifications!

I should hope public mobiles dissociates itself with google asap!

charliewilliams
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

you can chat with simon the chat robot , you can find him bottom right of the screen .. a chat emoji 

I guess it is cheaper for them to use Google service then to setup a page themselves to collect feedback...

But it looks like PM is doing these type of feedback survey more often, maybe they should consider develop something themselves...

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I clicked on the link and filled everything out, and because it never asked for any google information, I didn't know it was needed to participate, I used phone Duck Duck Go browser the complete survey and was logged into google play store - so that must be why it didn't ask me for anything to complete survey.

Still, I don't consent either that the survey could be pulling information off my phone that I didn't give them freely - and I don't agree either that google sign in should be required to participate in a Public Mobile survey.

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Why do I have to sign into my google account to complete a survey??

Oracle365
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would happily participate, if this survey didn't require Google account login (I don't remember my password and not going to go hunting for it for the sake of a survey). Hope you post another survey without login necessity, though 🙂 Happy week ahead!

TheGx

If Public really wants to improve our current community discussion boards and thereby improve the search experience at the same time, they should do more to encourage people to spend more of their time here on this forum - because doing so and having more people stay logged in here, will in turn help solve more customer questions, because there will be more people here doing other things as well as being here to help out if they can.

So Public should stop offering zero consideration for posting in the lounge, at least give some consideration to encourage people to stay on this forum and encourage others to want to stay here talking to others even in the lounge, where they can be readily available to help others on other boards too.

XionBunny

I filled it out and gave my two cents, happy to help as always.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's helpful @mimmo and appreciate the time you took to put that together and I could see the questions and scroll while I was staring at the click to log in little pop up. But unlike the last survey where I posted my feedback anyway (and the same opinion) I'm just standing on principle now. They seem to be making a habit of it now. They don't need to do it this way. They've become too integrated into Google for my liking and they just assume everyone also just stays logged in to their account. They have many other options available to them.

So...if that's the way they want to play then I'm not interested.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I could be completely wrong but one of the reasons they might be using Google is to ensure (as best as possible) that people only reply once.

But this excludes users who do not have a Gmail account, so anynyone interested, here are the questions:

1)How long have you been on the Community? *

2) How often do you post a question on the Community

3)When searching for help on the Public Mobile Community (publicmobile.ca/community), what are you most likely to do? *

• Search for key words/phrases in the Community search bar 
  • Find a relevant Discussion Board and browse for related threads 
  • Find a relevant Discussion Board and "Ask a Question" 
  • Search for key words/phrases in SIMon (our chatbot)

How can we improve our current Community discussion boards (e.g. number of boards, categories, etc.) and search experience? (Optional)

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Catherine_T 

While I have a Google account, I refuse to log in to it for an extraneous unrelated purpose. There are many survey sites available where no one has to log in to anything. Even Khoros.

I would otherwise be happy to participate.

The same was true of the new moderator tittle survey. I saw that I just closed it. I also have a Google account, but there is zero reason that I a Community member should need to sign in to Google or sign up for a new Google account to complete the survey. 

As for how do people search for help?  Members often do not search themselves for answers. Resources such as Get Help and SIMon area often used by the members answering the questions as documentation to support the answer the answers that are given. 

@Catherine_T I am with @computergeek541 and @Anonymous . I have Google accounts as well but see no need to access them to respond to a survey/poll. I would as well otherwise be happy to participate.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Catherine_T 

While I have a Google account, I refuse to log in to it for an extraneous unrelated purpose. There are many survey sites available where no one has to log in to anything. Even Khoros.

The same was true of the new moderator tittle survey. I saw that I just closed it. I also have a Google account, but there is zero reason that I a Community member should need to sign in to Google or sign up for a new Google account to complete the survey. 

As for how do people search for help?  Members often do not search themselves for answers. Resources such as Get Help and SIMon area often used by the members answering the questions as documentation to support the answer the answers that are given. 

fujiyama

I agree with @Anonymous, this shouldn't be something that requires account sign-in. It's mostly the annoyance/hassle for me, makes the survey not as "quick" as it should be lol.

For some there is also the security aspect. I guess one can use a burner account but again, that's a hassle...

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

That's a very good opportunity to gather data on how to improve service! Thank you. Filled and sent.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Catherine_T done!  As a regular forum poster, my doing this survey would most probably not count.  lol  Customers who want help just want to have answer and advice to their problem.  These customers don't know/care about "boards".  Boards? What are boards?  I would suggest changing "boards" to "categories".  Make your terms be user-friendly.  ok that's my 2cents.

Stay safe

RosieR

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks for inviting the comments. Just completed the survey, and please consider adding "Speech-to-Text" capability in the PM BOT.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Did it.

Yes it's strange that we have to be logged into Google would be more logical to be logged into community account. 

Btw I'm on shared device and have no clue which Google account was used couple of us are logged in this morning

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Catherine_T 

Excellent opportunity for many to offer views on helping.

I would offer that your best assets are indeed your Community users as nothing beats the learned experiences of actual customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Catherine_T 

Need Help? Let's chat.