cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help Needed] Let us know about your experience on the Community!

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community,

We’re working on some new and exciting things over here at Public Mobile, and as we continue to explore this new work, we want to make sure that we’re building with our customers in mind. 

In order to help us with this, we’re looking to have engaging and in-depth conversations with Public Mobile customers about their experience using our Community. If you are not a regular user, that’s okay too, as we’d love to get your opinion as to why that is, and how that can be improved. We’ll be giving a 1 GB data bonus to participants to make sure it’s worth your while.

If this sounds interesting to you, sign up before Friday, April 17th by sharing a few details with us in this web form. There will be limited slots available, so we will be in touch with those that are chosen to participate in this interview. Note that chosen candidates will be contacted exclusively via private messaging - so keep an eye on that inbox! 

Here are the details:

What’s in it for you:

• Customers who participate will receive a one-time 1 GB Data Add-On within 30 days of completion. 
  • Opportunity to work directly with the Public Mobile team and help determine the path of our Community. 

Details on how to get involved:

• We are looking for several Public Mobile customers to talk to us about your experience with our Community. 
  • Interviews will be held over the phone the week of April 20th or April 27th, and the time commitment is one hour. 
  • Interviews will be conducted in English
  • Feedback will be collected during the session.
  • We will contact the selected participants via Private Message.

We’re sorry we can’t connect with everyone who’s expressed interest - if you aren’t selected, there will be more opportunities later this spring to get involved in sharing feedback as we share more about our Community enhancement work.

Thanks in advance for your help and we look forward to hearing from you soon,

- The Public Mobile Community Team

89 REPLIES 89

@Eliza5 

This is the second time you've replied to a post and the thread was split and sent to the lounge. So I'm not sure if you recieved notifications of the first one where I gave you some encouraging words in regards to keeping up your participation in the community.

When it comes to @Free4ever  he did answer his post and mark a solution too so I'm not sure now if it's in the lounge or maybe getting started....? Once I find it I'll post the link if your interested in the rest of the thread and how it turned out.

Keep up the good work....it can be quite the learning curve around here but the more time you spend here reading, learning and posting you will then become more comfortable and knowledgeable you'll be and fit right in like you've always been here.

It would be nice if the one splitting threads would put a notification in like @Luddite  does with his moving truck icon/avatar....i might have to hire him for my next move because its like my college days around here constantly getting moved and spending a lot of time in a/the lounge.

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Free4ever,

If you haven't packed your bags yet...

What specifically were you looking for?  What is the issue?

Sometimes it takes a little getting use to.

Perhaps I can help.

@Eliza5

@Free4ever if you have any questions you can direct message me and I can help you out. There are definetly others here that would do the same.  I have only been here a month and have been able to help many people that way. It usually starts with, "Im not sure If its ok to message you but I have this question?"

If I cant answer it Ill put you in the direction that you need to go, if I can then problem solved and less frustration. 

Sorry to hear you are frustrated, how can we make your experience better? 

Do you have a problem you are dealing with now?

We will gladly help. 

Have a wonderful  Day! 

@mpcdesign 

Geez don't be a quitter yet on @Free4ever  they just signed up....plus with that username I think public mobile is for you yet. In less than two weeks that could be my username! Both of my accounts will be free-4-ever...thats after 6 weeks for the first and about 12 day more days for the second. To tell the truth before i bought those two 1gb data add ons I would have a $79 credit.

@Free4ever   You have 29 more days to explore and learn all about the community and public mobile. While you are learning, reading, asking questions, searching, bravoing, meeting other members or just chillin in the lounge your participation (chillin doesn't count) is being put in the secret formula barrel and you can earn a community reward. Maybe a $1 or $2 or more if you're a keener like some of our newest members....and you're well on you're way to a $0 phone bill. Autopay makes it $13...$12 or $11 with a community reward.

You'll start to learn about the rewards, how to refer friends (as many as you can there's no limit) you'll get to understand the different promotions when they come along, bonus referral credits,  how to troubleshoot your phone, manage your account and before long you'll be a graduate of public mobile community college!

It's like family around here....everyones real friendly, the oracles will help mentor you, others will help guide you, public mobile will actually listen to you and if you come up with a good suggestion might even implement it. The moderators are real nice and pretty forgiving if you make a mistake, there are lively discussions, the occasional spat or popcorn munching heated debate, lots of helping out other people and don't forget about the pm freebies....giveaways of data add ons or calling minutes, contests to win Amazon gift cards or even a year of service!

@Free4ever, wow, don't be quitter just because you can't figure it out. If you quit now, how would anyone learn anything then?

In a matter of minutes, or as @darlicious who pointed it out, step-by-step on how to use the community or how @Naepalm tells you how to make a post is how the community works. By helping others.

It's obvious in the other posts, you really want a simple and talk and text plan. No data. Just wifi. So Freedom Mobile is the way to go for you. There are many people who have recently joined, and they are thrilled with Public Mobile. And I get it, it's not for everyone. 

Good luck with the other companies. Maybe, one day, you will realize that Public Mobile is a great way to save money! 

@Free4ever 

Go to the top left of your screen. Click on browse. Pick the category that best fits your topic. Click on it. Then still on the left hand side you'll see "ask a question". Click on it. Enter your topic in the subject line ie "no data on iPhone 6" then ask your question and include as much info as you can about your issue.....did you just activate, bought a new or used phone, did an update...... anything you think may pertain to the problem you are having. Then hit post.

Youll get dedicated replies and hopefully a solution. If you need to address someone use the "@" key and their username will appear in the pop up window. Bravo people that help you and award the solution to the person who best answers your question.

Or try the search bar.....

Welcome to the community!

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Free4ever 

Sorry to see you go. A lot of people are happy on Public mobile including myself. You also don’t need to look for solutions you can ask your question and people will answer.

And for the fact you were out after only an hour you didn’t really give public mobile a chance. 

I hope you find something suitable for yourself 

Free4ever
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can not understand what’s the point of all this for a life of me. 

I am out - public mobile is not popular for a reason. More I read about this in this community I find my self clueless. 
don’t worry. As soon as I am able I will pack my bags and leave before I have to spend countless hours looking for answer to simple things hiding in tens of thousands of replies trying to score brownies for cheaper plans. 

unhappy and lost in an hour after signing up to a public mobile community. 

@Austin_YQU some of the hard parts with the community is that when people pose a question they don't give lots of details. So as a member of the community we may ask a bunch of questions to get clarity so we can help, often those questions go unanswered. 

The best thing to do is give detailed questions and respond when a question is asked. 

It would be as if you are on the phone with a person, they ask you a question and you don't say anything. 

Many times the remedies that are proposed may not all have to be used but the community is trying to cover off all the bases. 🙂

Mary73

They were helpful to me also.

PsyJade

Cool opportunity. I'll have to keep track a bit better next time to make the end date. This community pleasantly surprised me every single time. 

Shamus85

I just want to say, that I originally joined Public Mobile just because of the price and was a little worried about how the product was actually going to perform.  I've had to deal with Bell Salespeople tell my that it's going to be too slow and it's not worth it.  However, that couldn't be further from the truth.  Public Mobile has met and exceeded my expectations beyond belief.  Usually "you get what you pay for" .  I'm so happy that we are getting WAY MORE than we pay for with Public Mobile.  I was also blown away by the fact that you could lower your bill by essentially "helping" people solve problems.  In my mind that is genius and brings about a much needed change not only in the industry but to humanity.  We need to start being helpful to people and not ripping them off.  I think Public Mobile has a great backbone and I hope that ALL companies start acting like Public Mobile.  THIS IS A START TO A NEW ERA FOLKS!!!  Let's be kind to people!!😘 🤗

Shamus85

Aha, thank you!

Shamus85

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing...

Danilorpaixaoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unfortunately, I missed the deadline, but it is still a great initiative. That’s why I love being a PM’s customer. 

Eurydice

Ok no problem... I'll answer a survey questions. 

@darlicious  do you mean once per minute for the next 10 hrs. Check! lol

@ladybearbc wrote:

Shoot - only just saw this.

Do you think I still have a chance to be involved?

Thank you

@ladybearbc good morning I don't believe so you had to sign up by April 17th

ladybearbc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you try contacting a moderator? They were really helpful with me last year when I was trying to navigate through a change over.

ladybearbc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Shoot - only just saw this.

Do you think I still have a chance to be involved?

Thank you

@Smnewt wrote:

My experience in the community has been a bit of a learning curve. I’m not particularly tech minded, as a result trial and error for even joining the community. It would have been nice to not have to have a separate account and password. I do appreciate I’m in an older group of users however. 

Welcome to the club !! Us "boomers' gotta stick together !!

Smnewt

My experience in the community has been a bit of a learning curve. I’m not particularly tech minded, as a result trial and error for even joining the community. It would have been nice to not have to have a separate account and password. I do appreciate I’m in an older group of users however. 

BearFBI

Thanks @Austin_YQU We are here to help!

Austin_YQU

The community is such a great place to be because any issue will get attention and answers sought, yet some information is out-of-date. Example is when I activated my line, I was instructed to update Cellular Data Preference by changing APN settings; after further research, I didn't need to make any changes.

Like I said, this community is an awesome platform to interact with great guys and girls willing to assist based on their experience and skills.

I still enjoy my service at Public Mobile with lots of savings from my previous provider.

Thank you.

zblackma

Great idea, thanks for asking for our input.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@customer 

We only first from you today at 12:21pm PT. You've apparently been stewing over this for week. Of course there's no obligation for you to come here and to go straight to the moderators but we might have been able to direct you when you were calmer.

This is a hands-on self-serve kinda place. It's not white-glove service around here.

Check for do not disturb.

What all else (if anything) works?

@customer wrote:

Iphone 8. I have been using this phone for quite some time, spend half my time in the US and half in Canada. I have been using a us # for 6 months and then use my cda # for 6 months. I have NEVER had a problem in the past and I know it is NOT my phone - unless there is a setting that has to be changed that Public Mobile never advised me of.

..and you're certain that it's unlocked ? Who is your US cell provider and who was previous CDN cell provider ?

customer

Iphone 8. I have been using this phone for quite some time, spend half my time in the US and half in Canada. I have been using a us # for 6 months and then use my cda # for 6 months. I have NEVER had a problem in the past and I know it is NOT my phone - unless there is a setting that has to be changed that Public Mobile never advised me of.

@customer wrote:

Yes, that is correct!

Make /model of phone please.

Need Help? Let's chat.