cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 when you sign up for a Public Mobile 30-day plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Edit: This offer will be extended until April 3rd, 2018. 

Effective 1:00PM Eastern time today, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30-day plan! This will be applied as a credit and the offer is available to new customers only until April 2nd, 2018.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card from now until April 2nd, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days.  
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $32 for 1GB at 3G speed promotion, your account will be credited $32 within 72 hours of activating
    • This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store at one of our retail partner locations, which can be found here.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • Due to the short promotional timeframe, SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each), as we cannot guarantee that they will arrive before the promotion ends.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

-Public Mobile Community Team

142 REPLIES 142

Brent01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went to the nearest partner location to get a SIM - Wow Mobile Boutique at Pacific Centre. The retailer sayed they don't activate SIMS and to do it online which I did and signed up for the 30 day featured plan. Does this mean I'm not going to get reimbursed for the SIM? 

horemansus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No charge for sim card at Walmart. They even typed in my adress and credit card etc., and suggested |I use the first line to refer the second and save a little...

Great Rep at the Heartland Mississauga  Walmart.

@ottawa

You're technically correct.  The best kind of correct!

Yeah, you still gotta pay cash for the SIM card and the first month of service, then you get credited those costs back onto your account - where they can only be used to pay for second/subsequent months of service.  So technically it will be your second month that's free (if you think like a customer), or technically it was your first month that was free (if you think like an accountant).

Still not as misleading as some other marketing has been, lol.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I didn't read the whole thread but I find the ad misleading, since it's not "your next 30 days" it's "your 2nd 30 days". Or am I misreading it?

I have no problem with "2nd month free" but that's not what the blurb says.

=aw

Bleedlikeink
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What are the chances this gets extended? 

yellowzapper

just got signed up today as a new customer of PM, finger crossed for the rebate....counting the hours

TeelaBrown

Success!

I had already bought a SIM card online a week or so ago, because I was planning on switching away from Bell this month anyway. I activated my card a little earlier than planned to take advantage of this Easter promo. I signed up yesterday night, and already have the credit on my account for my first month. Considering yesterday was Easter Sunday, I am beyond impressed at how speedy they applied my next month's credit. 

Off to a good start, so far with PM! I am going to port over my old number this week. Fingers crossed it goes as smoothly!

(Why are you simply repeating/quoting the OP for this thread?)

Dudinha123

@Brooke_Cwrote:

Effective 1:00PM Eastern time today, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30-day plan! This will be applied as a credit and the offer is available to new customers only until April 2nd, 2018.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card from now until April 2nd, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days.  
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $32 for 1GB at 3G speed promotion, your account will be credited $32 within 72 hours of activating
    • This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store at one of our retail partner locations, which can be found here.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • Due to the short promotional timeframe, SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each), as we cannot guarantee that they will arrive before the promotion ends.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

-Public Mobile Community Team

@bcfirstbcfirstwrote:

The reason I didn't do it there was they gave me a BS story about my landline # not being portable because I didn't have my landline account number handy.  Not impressed with Walmart.

If you are porting your landline number it's highly recommended that you start out with a temporary Public Mobile number and then port your number once everything is working for you. 

Landline to cell ports are taking longer than cell to cell ports, expect a couple of days to a week until completed.

bcfirstbcfirst

The reason I didn't do it there was they gave me a BS story about my landline # not being portable because I didn't have my landline account number handy.  Not impressed with Walmart.

@bcfirstbcfirstwrote:

I went to Walmart. They would not provide me with a sim card so that I could register at home and they have no idea when they will get them. Is there a way that I could order a SIM online and still get this promotion or am I out of luck. They also say that the Public Mobility system is unreliable even though it's on the Telus network? Is this true?

Where in BC are you?  I am in Victoria and have some SIMS I can probably get you one by tomorrow as I am heading out for a family dinner here soon.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@bcfirstbcfirstwrote:

I went to Walmart. They would not provide me with a sim card so that I could register at home and they have no idea when they will get them. Is there a way that I could order a SIM online and still get this promotion or am I out of luck. They also say that the Public Mobility system is unreliable even though it's on the Telus network? Is this true?

No chance; PM has made it clear this time that tomorrow is the drop dead date.

Assuming you are near Vancouver, try sending a private message to @srlawren or @ShawnC13 who may have spare.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@bcfirstbcfirst

If Walmart insists on doing the activation for you (and getting their commission from you) in-store at no extra charge then why not let them, lol.  You'll walk out with working PM phone service, no hassles.

Just make sure you get your password and PIN (and that you change them when you get home), and make sure they haven't installed any Walmart bloat on your device.  I suppose that technically you don't even have to submit any "real" personally identifiable information, just a temporary email account and a cash payment if preserving your anomymity matters to you, it's not like they're going to check your ID at the sales counter.

bcfirstbcfirst

buzzzman

If you consider an activation of 5 days before the quoted new promo ( which looks alot like the new one ) an existing client, then read the all the posts from existing clients ( 1 minutes activators before the new promo went into effect ) asking if they are entitled to the new promo. Why? They signed up for the 30 day 1 gig service. PM should consider them new clients and not existing clients. It is good business and clients that just signed up for the quoted promo, do not feel ripped off!

I consider myself a new customer because I signed up a few days ago, not a veteran of your company after the clock struck one minute later!

I actually was planning on porting all my services to PM immediately. I have an extra sim card ready. But my eyes were opened wider and I now see that my old carrier is actually more interested in keeping their clients than PM is interested in getting new clients to stay with them. I will let my unactivated sim card rot before I commit to PM.

Why throw good money after bad?

nryujin

Thank you for your reply , I already had ordered my SIM online 2 weeks ago and I had a SIM card just was being lazy to activate it , but after knowing about this promotion , I activated online and was credited back within 24 hours !! Thank you very much . My husband also went to Walmart and get free SIM and free 30 days credit back yesterday . ( in BC) we are very happy with PM 

@buzzzmanwrote:

This isn't a pizza or a grocery store. Your logic has no merit. New clients within a reasonable amount of time should be included in this promo. Just because the promo was sweetened, why should NEW clients suffer and lose the bonus that is supposed to come with it. $32 dollars (service)and $11.30 (sim) thrown out the window due to the offer not being avaliable to all when the original promo started!

The 30days service credit / free SIM is an independent promo from the $30 for 1GB promo. Until tomorrow the two can be combined when signing up for a new account, but the former is not bound to the $30/1GB deal only, it can be applied to any plan you choose.

It sounds like you were an existing customer and not a new customer at the point the free 30days service promo came into effect

If we apply your logic, all existing customers, whether we have been with Public Mobile for 3 days or 3 years before the promo came into effect, have to be ticked off as well because as  existing customers we don't get a month off our service and a credit for our SIM cards.

For comparison, I have a friend who called CSR of one of the other providers during the 10GB/$60 promo to sign up for it. Being unable to visit the provider's kiosk, he left his phone number for a call back well before the cut-off. Customer service, slowly catching up on the huge back log, called him back after the cut-off and refused to get him on the promo because it had expired at the time of the conversation.

Cell phone providers are not charities - they launch promos and apply the according rules as they see fit.

buzzzman

This isn't a pizza or a grocery store. Your logic has no merit. New clients within a reasonable amount of time should be included in this promo. Just because the promo was sweetened, why should NEW clients suffer and lose the bonus that is supposed to come with it. $32 dollars (service)and $11.30 (sim) thrown out the window due to the offer not being avaliable to all when the original promo started!

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wetcoasterwrote:  

If your grocery store had your favourite pizza on a 50% off sale from March 20 - 27, are you expecting them to give you a credit because you stocked up on pizzas on March 17 at full price? Or are you going in on April 2 and throw a tantrum because they charge you full price? 

Well, you get price adjustment at grocery stores OR you can return products you have purchased and buy them at sale price. :)))

@buzzzmanwrote:

No your screwed! I did the same thing and activated a line 5 days after PM made the promo sweeter. Loyalty is something PM won't get from me. They could have easily included the new subscribers in the Free Sim and 30 day plan. I have 2 lines and I won't be jumping onboard with them for my main line. The new line I activated with them will be the one I will not be worried about letting go. PM pisses me off. New customers are what they need, so include them in the promo's.

The way it stands here, your post does not make sense at all - this promo IS for new SIM card activations only, as is the 1GB/$30/30days (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/30for1GB-3G).

If your grocery store had your favourite pizza on a 50% off sale from March 20 - 27, are you expecting them to give you a credit because you stocked up on pizzas on March 17 at full price? Or are you going in on April 2 and throw a tantrum because they charge you full price?

buzzzman

No your screwed! I did the same thing and activated a line 5 days after PM made the promo sweeter. Loyalty is something PM won't get from me. They could have easily included the new subscribers in the Free Sim and 30 day plan. I have 2 lines and I won't be jumping onboard with them for my main line. The new line I activated with them will be the one I will not be worried about letting go. PM pisses me off. New customers are what they need, so include them in the promo's.

peterzhangon

Thank you!

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@peterzhangon

Walmart stores in Mississauga: click here

Walmart stores in Oakvilleclick here

Walmart stores in Burlingtonclick here

peterzhangon

I just put an order to buy a SIM card. The order number is:

Order 134611 confirmed

Could you share the SIM card info, so I could activiate it before the deadline?

Thanks,

peterzhangon

Where can I find your store? Could you show me a store in Mississauga, oakville or Burlington? 

I just put one order to buy a SIM card. Could you give me the SIM card info? so I can activate now?

Thanks,

Calvinth

This is a tricky promo in Nova Scotia.

Bought a sim card at Walmart and activated a new plan today. It seems public mobile must be new to Nova Scotia as many retailers had codes for vouchers but only Canadian Tire was able to actually provide them, as the other retailers (Walmart MacQuarries, Needs) weren't able to register the vouchers on their systems. 

Because of this Walmart was unable to activate my sim card and I had to run around in order to get a voucher. Just messaged the mods if my sim card and plan be credited to my account.

The activation and porting number from telus was relatively painless, and I was surprised how quick my number got ported. I did activate with a new number then ported over after. Very quick.

Great to see it was easy! 

ej2900

I went to the WOW Mobile kiosk at Guildford Towncentre to sign up a family member and the rep was not aware of the promo. He insisted that WOW Mobile only sells the sim and has nothing to do with registration/activation. I showed him the web site and all the links that say he should be able to do it. . Anyways, I told him it's really easy to do and to just fill out the the required information. This was a port over number from Rogers and so I guided him through it. He printed copies and provided me a receipt that showed the sim was $0 plus my referral. So if for whatever reason the next month service isn't free or if the credit doesn't appear after 72 hours as is stated then I have at least some proof to show that it was activated by WOW Mobile.

As soon as he registered and activated the sim, I received a txt on my PM phone that the referral was successful - YEAH!!! I'd say that was pretty quick. As for the "port over" - my family member was able to use her phone within 1.5 hours. It might have been sooner as I can't say for sure. We went for lunch and headed home to install the sim in her phone. As soon as it rebooted, the phone accepted the sim and had the PM register along with the welcome txt and the pin number we had chosen. That's just AWESOME!!!

kman

Hi.  What are your hours im whitby ontario for the next few days.  I planned on signing up for a 3 month plan so i assume the free month sim card is effective.  What is included in the phone plan.  ? Thanking you in advance.  kman 

Need Help? Let's chat.