cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 when you sign up for a Public Mobile 30-day plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Edit: This offer will be extended until April 3rd, 2018. 

Effective 1:00PM Eastern time today, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30-day plan! This will be applied as a credit and the offer is available to new customers only until April 2nd, 2018.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card from now until April 2nd, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days.  
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $32 for 1GB at 3G speed promotion, your account will be credited $32 within 72 hours of activating
    • This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store at one of our retail partner locations, which can be found here.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • Due to the short promotional timeframe, SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each), as we cannot guarantee that they will arrive before the promotion ends.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

-Public Mobile Community Team

142 REPLIES 142

damenace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM to Mods, I did get that $30 credit.  I did activate myself on tuesday, but I didn't get the $10 SIM back and was told to ask retailer (Walmart in my case) to do so.  I won't bother with it.

@Harinder12wrote:

I’m eligible for this plan, I brought this sim on Tuesday 8 pm can I get 30 days free

Noone in the community knows for sure since the implication is that accounts need to be activated by a retailer. So, I think you should decide if PM is worth it to you even if you do not get the free month credit. If that is true, just go ahead before the deadline and click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your your question. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:30PM (ET).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

damenace

I was told by Mods that my SIM purchased from Walmart on tuesday will not get credit back.  I need to get back to the retailer to get the money back. Good luck at Walmart.  I wont bother with that.

Harinder12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m eligible for this plan, I brought this sim on Tuesday 8 pm can I get 30 days free

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Yeah, it is increasing difficult to find Canada-exclusive Canada-centric stuff these days, lol.  We're outnumbered by people who think the world revolves around Liberals, Trump, gun laws, and all sorts of other stuff which is largely irrelevant, unimportant, and uninteresting outside America (ie: the other 95% of the world's population).  And even the Canadian stuff we do find is less often "actual" Canadian so much as it is "stereotypical" Canadian.  Sad times.

sdt1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks @Korth and @twest666 for your replies. I did tag the Mods on my OP above, so perhaps they will weigh in on this issue. From some of the other posts I've read, I am gathering that not all Wal-Marts are on board with PM and/or the promotion.

I have to say I am really impressed with the PM Community! I'd much rather post to a Canadian-based Community of like-minded customers, than speak with foreign-based call centre representatives any day of the week! I find that so frustrating with my current cellular provider. Then again, I'm someone who prefers the self-checkout at the grocery store too...lol! 

twest666

@TinaKing

When you log into the account you activated on Wednesday does it show a positive balance that correlates to the monthly charge? Even then that would be only 48 hours. If the balance positive balance isn't displayed in your account by end of day tommorow for the Wednesday account then contact the moderators regarding that.

Also, both accounts will recieve the free months credit for the 30 dollars a month 1GB plan.

TinaKing

one phone hooked up on Wednesday and other phone hooked up Thursday.  Will both accounts be credited?  If thats the case one phone should have already received the credit but hasn't.

Tina

twest666

@TinaKing you should revieve the credit within 72 hours of signing up for the free month. 

The free SIMS should of been given at store. Moderators should still honour seen as you followed the appropriate steps to get the free SIM. You will need to contact them. 

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, PIN, phone number, and your situation

TinaKing

purchased 2 sim cards 10 bucks each at walmart, paid 32.00 plus tax each phone.  This was done Thursday.  Was not told about any promo and did not receive any credit on either phone.

TinaKing

not referral credit, but promo with a free month etc...

TinaKing

on Wednesday and Thursday I purchased 2 sim cards, hooked up 2 phones.  Was not offered this promo. 

twest666

@TinaKing

Could you explain a bit more why this is false advertising so one of the forum members may be able to assist you?

@sdt1

You can click the links I provided above, they're store locators.  I hadn't heard of these mobile store chains before, but it turns out there's quite a few locations near me, lol.

Chatr has a similar "free SIM card, free first month" prepaid promo going on ... actually a good deal if you happen to live in one of their "zones" ... you might be able to subscribe to their service for a while and cash in on some "new customer" deal from PM in the future.  I hate to recommend competitors, but in a way PM did it to themselves by declaring too quick a deadline on this "limited-time offer" and by not communicating and coordinating things in advance with the retailers.

Again, it doesn't hurt to ask the mods.  They might extend the offer for you.  Or PM might extend this offer duration for everyone, either way.  Not impossible, but I wouldn't risk it if cashing in on this promo is valuable enough.

thychi

I just finished referring someone to Public Mobile today and was with them when they got their SIM card + plan at a retailer. The screens are identical to signing up ourselves, and yes you so get referral credit. Just be sure to mention it to the sales associate so they can input it

twest666

@sdt1 In the past when the PM systems were taking awhile they have honured people who ordered their SIMS while the promotion was still valid, such as the Fall 2016 promotion, in this case if you were closer to another wal-mart they may not honour it but due you doing your due dilegance and the lack of more wal-marts within a reasonable distance they may honour the promo. Contact the moderator team and they may be able to provide you with guidance on what their approach will be on honouring the promo.

TinaKing

this is false advertising.  This did not happen for me and my husband.  

sdt1

Thanks @Korth for the prompt reply. Unfortunately, the next nearest Wal-Mart is 50+kms away, and I've never heard of WoW or K-Mobile boutiques. This is why I ordered the SIMs by mail (and paid for them, rather than getting them for $0). You are correct that technically I have not lost out, as I have not yet received the SIMs nor have I activated services with PM. However, in the absence of the 2nd month free promo, and with the 30/$30 plan now also expiring on Apr. 2, t feels as if I have done. Perhaps an even better promotion is on the horizon, and this was fortuitous. Cheers.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@sdt1

You haven't received a PM SIM card yet, so you haven't activated a PM account/service yet, you won't lose out that way.

You probably have another Walmart nearby, they seem to be everywhere.  You might also have a K-Mobile or WoW Mobile Boutique nearby.  Depends where you live, but if it's a bit of a drive then maybe phone them to confirm this offer availability beforehand.  I'd even bring a screenshot along to show them, just in case.

It doesn't hurt to ask the mods.  But the promo deadline is April 2nd and two-way communication with the mods might take too long, even assuming they can/will do anything to extend this promo offer for you (which may not be the case).

sdt1

I ordered my SIMs last Monday through the PM website, and thought surely they would have arrived by now via Xpresspost. I know the site says to allow 3-7 days for shipping, but the order update still says we are working on your order, with no tracking information available. Unfortunately, my local Wal-Mart has never heard of Public Mobile, let alone have SIM cards available for purchase.

The following day, I saw the Community post regarding the $0 SIM + next 30 days of service $0 promotion, and thought surely I would be able to partake as a new customer. Now, it looks like I will lose out. I am pretty disappointed, to say the least. I hope that you might consider extending this promotion for those of us who didn't have an opportunity to activate in-store. @CS_Agent, I am happy to Private Msg. with my SIM order #. Please advise. Thanks.

twest666

@nrg_svr

I think you only need to sign up in store if you want a free SIM. The free month can be done online. Don't forget to refer to get more money off the plan.

nrg_svr

Confirmed - my wife DID get the one-month service credit ($30 in her case), even though we signed up online.

(The promo said to 'activate in store'...so I incorrectly thought you couldn't double dip on the referral reward + the one month credit for the person who signed up)

Trying to round up a couple more SIMS so I can get a couple more switches signed up this weekend.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Good to see something positive.  

This may help some existing customers to get referral rewards. 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nryujinwrote:

hi does 30 day free offer also valid to online activation? 

If you have purchased your SIM card already, then yes, you can do it at home and have 30 days free of service.

twest666

@nryujinwrote:

At this point you would be required to go in store to recieve the promotion as the SIM would not arrive in time in order to recieve the 30 day free promotion. Plus if you go in store you will recieve the SIM for free aswell. Wal-mart is a partner retailer that can set you up.

nryujin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

LEGO

@thychi No, they did not ask. I had to bring this up myself with no problem. Received instant SMS from Public Mobile, regarding Referral Reward, after the activation.

thychi

How did this work for you? Did they ask you for your number for referral?

LEGO

@nrg_svr wrote:

Semi-off topic, but I just signed up my wife for the $30/30 day province-wide talk & 1 gb 3G promo, didn't bother doing it in store.... took the referral reward instead, all comes out in the wash. Had an unused SIM from the days they were $5.00 lying around....

Your case is different, but you can activate SIM card in the store and have a Referral reward as well. I have just signup my friend.

nrg_svr

Semi-off topic, but I just signed up my wife for the $30/30 day province-wide talk & 1 gb 3G promo, didn't bother doing it in store.... took the referral reward instead, all comes out in the wash. Had an unused SIM from the days they were $5.00 lying around....

We were planning to dump Rogers for awhile now, and this just made it super easy and worth the bit of time we waited.... good bye $80 + tax plan! (Had $25 a month in subsidy built in, just about paid off)

Now to try and get a couple more people switched over to PM!

Need Help? Let's chat.