cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 when you sign up for a Public Mobile 30-day plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Edit: This offer will be extended until April 3rd, 2018. 

Effective 1:00PM Eastern time today, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30-day plan! This will be applied as a credit and the offer is available to new customers only until April 2nd, 2018.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card from now until April 2nd, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days.  
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $32 for 1GB at 3G speed promotion, your account will be credited $32 within 72 hours of activating
    • This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store at one of our retail partner locations, which can be found here.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • Due to the short promotional timeframe, SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each), as we cannot guarantee that they will arrive before the promotion ends.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

-Public Mobile Community Team

142 REPLIES 142

@Acekillerwrote:

interesting promo, a bit short time frame though.

Remember the 24 hour promo last summer? 😉 There was no indication that it would go up and it was taken down without warning / communication of end date less than a day later...

@kevininwrote:

I signed up less a month ago. How come this would happen?!?!?!! is there any way to get the offer?

This is how promos work.

You can always sign up for another account, you'll need a different e-mail address to do so.

If you want to keep your number you'll need to port it to another carrier* (you will loose any unused portions of your current PM plan since the account will be closed on port out) and then port back in (Closing the account at the other provider).

* The purple company has a very similar promo on until the 31st that would work very well for this purpose...

kevinin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up less a month ago. How come this would happen?!?!?!! is there any way to get the offer?

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Harini The salesperson is mistaking! You won’t be credited for the price of SIM card. If I were you, I would go back, ask for a refund and then activate this SIM card at the store, but call them first and explain.

Acekiller

interesting promo, a bit short time frame though.

@Johnboy, no one knew until this post went up.

We are all in the same boat here. No plans, no warnings, no heads-up.

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth I agree, the price point and service is pretty good (even though I am not on the Fall promo and deperately wish I was lol). But I am not a fan of targeted promos. Make it available to all customers or don't bother with a promo. 

Harini

Hi All,

got sim from wow mobile y'day but couldn't activate there as the network was down. sales person told sim cost will be credited after 72 hours if activated outside store in the promo period. please let if this understanding is correct

Johnboy

Wish I was told about this up coming deal.  Paid 10 for my sim and 40 for the month just a week ago.  I would have waited had i known

Usually, this won't work. They do promo to attract new clients, and you were there already before the official start of the promo.

damenace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I signed up for my wife in Feb 27 around 3ish pm,  can I get her the credit for SIM and 30 days free.

Thanks

ps. I did pm mods_team last night, no reply yet, busy day/night???

olga85m

I signed up literary a day before this promotion came out. Is there any way I can get the bill credit for 30 days?

@endokendowrote:

I would like to activate in store at while mobile boutique. But I cannot get the $0 SIM card. Can someone help me? I'm ready to port and  activate in the store now

Did it worked in the end?

If not you can always try to conctact the mods and send them a copy of your bill with the date and time, and maybe they could credit you the SIM cost on your account... It's worth trying...

It should be working... Maybe you can show them the official post from PM about the offer?

endokendo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Typo wow mobile boutique

wow mobile boutique is listed as  and official retail partner for public mobile 

endokendo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to activate in store at while mobile boutique. But I cannot get the $0 SIM card. Can someone help me? I'm ready to port and  activate in the store now

CalvinW

I just noticed that there is now less of an incentive to choose the 90 day plan. Maybe you should give a bigger discount for the 90 day plans to balance things out 

afbhamani

The link posted for the partner location just takes me the publicmobile home page.

Pls let me know where I can go in Scarborough, ON to sign up

@Brooke_Cwrote:

Effective 1:00PM Eastern time today, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30-day plan! This will be applied as a credit and the offer is available to new customers only until April 2nd, 2018.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card from now until April 2nd, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days.  
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $32 for 1GB at 3G speed promotion, your account will be credited $32 within 72 hours of activating
    • This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store at one of our retail partner locations, which can be found here.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • Due to the short promotional timeframe, SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each), as we cannot guarantee that they will arrive before the promotion ends.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

tsuwannamit

Wow, I missed this promotion by one day.  I activated on Monday Woman Sad

@samelgilamywrote:

Feel disappointing about this, it is just 2 days and I bought 2 lins, so what about if i want to upgrade to 47$ plan with Canada wide calls and 2 G?  

@samelgilamy, this.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/porting-out-number-and-back-to-get-promo-...

samelgilamy

Feel disappointing about this, it is just 2 days and I bought 2 lins, so what about if i want to upgrade to 47$ plan with Canada wide calls and 2 G?  

@samelgilamywrote:

I bought it last Sunday March 25 and activated the line in March 26th, can I get this benfit in my new line ? 

Yes and no.  Yes, anyone can go and buy as many of these new lines as they like.  No, existing lines can't be converted over.

@makkahn28wrote:

I honestly just think, Public shouldn't be Focusing on Promos Strictly, My Concerns from PUBLIC'S blunders is that They're NOT being Serious, PM being on Verge of Possibly being Liquidated, Tel Us Placing Profits Over everyEvery Else, and Consumers being put in a Corner where We Might be Unable to afford EVEN A basic Plan, and that has Me More concerned.

Honestly @makkahn28, why are you still with this service if you really think that Public Mobile is a sinking ship?  Are you a captain of the ship out what?

samelgilamy

I bought it last Sunday March 25 and activated the line in March 26th, can I get this benfit in my new line ? 

Honestly, PUBLIC needs to Focus MORE on Removing Glitch, Then Offering More, Even IF A Bit more Is Asked, Better than Paying Less for a Service that is Stripped to ONLY Bones Without Meat on it.

This Less for LESS is in my opinion, a Con, and Really needs some Reflection, Otherwise, It would be like a Capital Management Firm Like Cerberus, and Not sure what's Worse.

I honestly just think, Public shouldn't be Focusing on Promos Strictly, My Concerns from PUBLIC'S blunders is that They're NOT being Serious, PM being on Verge of Possibly being Liquidated, Tel Us Placing Profits Over everyEvery Else, and Consumers being put in a Corner where We Might be Unable to afford EVEN A basic Plan, and that has Me More concerned.

@Korthwrote:

@will13amwrote:

Boy, you are getting too comfortable too easily.  I always see my service providers as being in a symbiotic relationship with me.  This relationship is fluid because I don't get to call all the shots.  I have to roll with the punches.  Always treat the easy chair as if it were a bed of nails, never get too comfortable. 

I further clarified my meaning in my subsequent post, lol, our outlooks on this are not entirely dissimilar.  I've seen PM mismanage promos and plans and prices before, and seen some unhappy PM customers walk away (with or without a better offer).  But PM has (so far) always treated me quite well so (until that changes) I'm motivated to stay "loyal" to PM.  I'll reevaluate my options if/when PM forces me to change the details of our "symbiotic relationship", nothing lasts forever but I don't see any reason to be pessimistic about it (at this time).

What p̶l̶a̶n̶e̶t̶ plan are you on at the moment?  

@will13amwrote:

Boy, you are getting too comfortable too easily.  I always see my service providers as being in a symbiotic relationship with me.  This relationship is fluid because I don't get to call all the shots.  I have to roll with the punches.  Always treat the easy chair as if it were a bed of nails, never get too comfortable. 

I further clarified my meaning in my subsequent post, lol, our outlooks on this are not entirely dissimilar.  I've seen PM mismanage promos and plans and prices before, and seen some unhappy PM customers walk away (with or without a better offer).  But PM has (so far) always treated me quite well so (until that changes) I'm motivated to stay "loyal" to PM.  I'll reevaluate my options if/when PM forces me to change the details of our "symbiotic relationship", nothing lasts forever but I don't see any reason to be pessimistic about it (at this time).

@Korthwrote:

@denkomwrote:

I'd really love to see a promo for existing, loyal customers.

Fair enough.  And as an existing, loyal PM customer I certainly won't argue against PM offering to give me more for less, lol.

But to be honest, PM already gives me the service and plans I need at the prices I want, better than anything the competition offers.  So I'm content to just hover under PM's radar ... we've all seen what happens when PM's promos target existing, loyal PM customers.

@kav2001cwrote:

@will13am Chatr just introduced a mobile app

Just sayin if wanted to imitate them and all

Cat LOL

@will13amwrote:

Great move to counter the chatr promo.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Baby steps.  I have been here 1.5 years and the talk of an app has been on again off again.  Personally, I don't see it as important as getting all be bugs out of the system. 

Need Help? Let's chat.