cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay bonus at 3G speed for $25!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of April 23, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting March 13, 2019, the $30 for 500 MB Data at 3G speed plan will now be available for $25 per 30 days - for full plan details, check it out below:

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • Voicemail and Call Display
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

I’m already on the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text. Do I need to do anything to get my rate plan to $25/month?

The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I chose to switch to the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text on my next renewal date. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

If you had requested to change your plan before this new pricing was announced, you will continue to pay $30 per 30 days. The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

397 REPLIES 397

mahenz24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I have sim from freedom can i use the number here in prublic or do i have to buy a sim from publicmobile. Cheers

nrg_svr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The way the 90 day bucket works is you have access to as much GB of data as you want in any given month out of the unused portion of your total allotment.

I could in theory use 1.5 GB one month, 0.5 the next, and 1 GB in the final month.

So with a 30 day plan, I have possibly one month that will present a small issue. I have $45 in lower costs every 90 days though.... so buying one add-on a year is not a hardship.

Plus I get Canada-wide calling.

Think I will post date a plan change! Was just reading the other threads that discuss 3G and 4G experiences.

Last point - once I am on the throttled 4G/LTE plan (aka 3G) - should I change any setting in my phone to possibly conserve battery life? Or would I actually be limiting my phone's access to the (throttled to 3mbps) LTE reliability if I did so?

My Moto G6 has the option to select 3G and LTE. 

Pizzaeh

@nrg_svr wrote:

What I thought....

Interesting dilemma for me.

Currently on a $120 province wide/6 GB 4G 90 days plan. $114 with auto pay.

Never use all of the 6GB data, can easily live with 3 GB in 90 days, but 1 in 30 days could present small issues time to time. Savings would easily justify buying an add-on if need be.

Don't really need 4G per se, although that is the last hurdle - want to make sure my voice calling doesn't suffer downgrading.

Already signed up one friend to this plan a couple days ago.... hopefully can get another one soon.

People say they don't really notice much of a difference between LTE and their 3G speed on Public Mobile.  If you can lower the cost, that makes sense.  Most of the comparably priced 30 day plans have unlimited Canada-wide calling and texting, plus more 3G data.  Call quality should be the same.

Not clear what is meant by  "in 30 days could present small issues"; the difference would be paying for 90 days at once versus every 30 days. 

Good luck with your decision.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nrg_svr wrote:

What I thought....

Never use all of the 6GB data, can easily live with 3 GB in 90 days, but 1 in 30 days could present small issues time to time. Savings would easily justify buying an add-on if need be.

Don't really need 4G per se, although that is the last hurdle - want to make sure my voice calling doesn't suffer downgrading.

@nrg_svr 

There would be no difference to your voice calling.  PM's voice calling uses their 3G network, regardless of whether you have a 3G or LTE (4G) data plan. Even their "3G" data plans are just LTE data throttled to 3.0 Mbps speed, so there is no difference in network there either.

As you say, there is the option of buying the 1GB data add-on for $30. Every two months that you are on this 1 GB plan, your savings ($15/month) can buy you that add-on.

nrg_svr

What I thought....

Already signed up one friend to this plan a couple days ago.... hopefully can get another one soon.

Pizzaeh

@nrg_svr wrote:

I scrolled through 6 pages of 21, but didn't see this asked, and I am betting the answer is 'no/not', but worth asking before I contemplate switching...

Is there a 90 day version of this available to build? At $75 of course.

I like the 90 day buckets of data.... gives you a bit of wiggle room.

This thread is for the $25 plan for 30 days; the rest of their ready-made plans are listed on their website (see link below); lots of options to choose from depending on how much you need.   

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

You can also build your own plan but the ready-made plans are usually cheaper. Good luck.

@nrg_svr wrote:

I scrolled through 6 pages of 21, but didn't see this asked, and I am betting the answer is 'no/not', but worth asking before I contemplate switching...

If you go here..https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans you can build your plan but for 105$....not 75$.Smiley Wink

SD08

@nrg_svr wrote:

@nrg_svr 

Sorry, no, there isn't a 90 day version of this.  It's only available in the pre-made plans.

PM seems to be emphasizing the 30 day plans lately.

nrg_svr

hang83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wish other providers would follow PM ways of thinking. Giving you more for less! Not charging you more for less!

dmbcanada

I have been away from the forum too long!   Came back at the right time to see this offer.  I have upgraded my package from the $25 Province only no data to the $25 Canada wide 1GB bonus plan.   

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mcd32 wrote:

Can I get the $2 autopay discount with this? So $23 instead of $25? Would I still get the 500MB autopay bonus too?

For sure, this is the exact plan I have for both of my rugrats (Kids).

Yes I had considered that PM is trying to stay away from larger data plans though they will slowly have to offer more just to retain their part of the market as everything will head that way. It meanwhile I am intererested to see if changes are made to the $35 plan soon. Terry

@mcd32  a écrit :

Can I get the $2 autopay discount with this? So $23 instead of $25? Would I still get the 500MB autopay bonus too?

Yes the 2$ credit for autopay is always available with any plan. And yes for the 500 Mb..it's written..Smiley Happy

Metal1967

@mcd32 wrote:

@mcd32 

Yes you can ..

mcd32

@AE_Collector wrote:

I wonder how long until they make adjustments to some of the other higher plans? The $35 for 1.5 gb data (incl. autopay 500 mb bonus) is even more out of line than before when $40 gets you 5gb. I’m also surprised they don’t launch some larger data plans.

How about:

$25 1gig

$30 2 gig

$35 3 gig

$40 5 gig

$45 7 gig

$50 9 gig

$55 12 gig

$60 15 gig

$65 18 gig

I agree with you that espeicially the $35 plan is out-of-sync with either the pricing or the amount of data that it includes.  However, when you go over $50, that might not be the market that Public Mobile is going for.  When I see a price of $65, I no longer think of that as inexpensive.  I realize that at $65, the major brands are going to give you a lot less than 18GB, but I don't really believe that such a plan helps someone who is trying to get the lowest price possible, and that such a customer usually has a set budge that is less than that.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

I wonder how long until they make adjustments to some of the other higher plans? The $35 for 1.5 gb data (incl. autopay 500 mb bonus) is even more out of line than before when $40 gets you 5gb. I’m also surprised they don’t launch some larger data plans.

How about:

$25 1gig

$30 2 gig

$35 3 gig

$40 5 gig

$45 7 gig

$50 9 gig

$55 12 gig

$60 15 gig

$65 18 gig

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Big thumbs up to PM for this

@austinhuang  a écrit :

Will $2 autopay bonus still apply if I already have bonus data?

2$ for autopay will always apply...any plan or bonus you have..Smiley Happy

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Will $2 autopay bonus still apply if I already have bonus data?

Pizzaeh

@Cranton1138 wrote:

I just changed to the $25/1GB plan from the $30/500MB plan, which will take effect on my next renewal date (in this case April 15th). Fine! After all $25 is better than $30!

My question is about timing: this new $25 plan will take effect on April 15th. My current plan will charge my credit card on the 14th. Q: Will I be charged $30 (since that Plan will be in effect until the end of the day on the 14th).

On your next renewal date, your plan will change and your account will be charged $25.

@Cranton1138 wrote:

I just changed to the $25/1GB plan from the $30/500MB plan, which will take effect on my next renewal date (in this case April 15th). Fine! After all $25 is better than $30!

My question is about timing: this new $25 plan will take effect on April 15th. My current plan will charge my credit card on the 14th. Q: Will I be charged $30 (since that Plan will be in effect until the end of the day on the 14th).

You'll be charged $23 for your renewal if autopay is enabled with that credit/debit card.

Metal1967

@Cranton1138 wrote:

@Cranton1138 

You will be charged the price of the new plan that you chose to take affect on your renewal date..

Cranton1138

@pingkaic  a écrit :

I am now on $30 plan for 500 MB +500 MB. I am paying $27 per 30 days (with autopay credit of $2 and $1 for referal).

If I change to the new $25 plan, would I be able to keep my existing autopay credit of $2 plus the $1 for referal per 30 days?

My total bill for 30 days would be $22?

Also, do I still get $25 as one time bonus if I have someone to refer me to the new plan?

You will keep your rewards but if you change your plan IMMEDIATLY they will apply for the next payment not for the actual change plan.....if you choose to do your switch for THE NEXT RENEWAL DATE you will have it as usual.

srlawren

@Pizzaeh wrote:

No, there is no referral credit for changing plans.

@pingkaic referral bonus is for when someone activates a brand-new line, not for when you change plans, so unfortunately as @Pizzaeh mentions your last question is a "no". EDIT: fixed small typo

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Pizzaeh

@pingkaic wrote:

I am now on $30 plan for 500 MB +500 MB. I am paying $27 per 30 days (with autopay credit of $2 and $1 for referal).

If I change to the new $25 plan, would I be able to keep my existing autopay credit of $2 plus the $1 for referal per 30 days?

Also, do I still get $25 as one time bonus if I have someone to refer me to the new plan?

That's right, if you change to the $25 plan, you will keep your autopay and referral credits.

No, there is no referral credit for changing plans.

pingkaic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@electrical2771 wrote:

Could they perhaps lower the province-wide Talk & Text from $25 per 30 days down to $20 ?

That would make sense, wouldn't it?  At current, there is no reason for someone to take the $25 texting and provincial calling plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.