cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay bonus at 3G speed for $25!

@sebby 

Under your plan details, it should state the following 

ie.  

• This plan includes: -
  • - 5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

Or under data add ons:

Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
5GB at 3G Speed
xxxxxx  /  5120 MB

If it does not state at 3G speed, I would assume it is the LTE/4G

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anyone else switched from 4G LTE to the $25 3G option and found any real difference?

Mayor / Maire

@sebby 

Public is prepaid so no shock roaming ever

Even in other countries*

Yes you can use your phone anywhere in Canada

As to speed question, 3G works for pretty much everything

Even stuff like videos since most sites simply scale lower resolution

*note in other countries you simply can not use the phone at all, hence no extra charges

@kav2001c wrote:

@SD08  + @computergeek541 

meh I prefer they say its a month / week etc long promo and activate by the Xth day or else

You guys have some rank, go rough em up and get back to me Cat LOL

Hey kav2001c,

I was told "ongoing promotion", but that doesn't mean that such promotions can't ever change (and sometimes do).

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I hope Public decides to create a new $30 plan that was better than the previous one. Smiley Wink

Oracle

@Milk wrote:

I'm here. Man WinkLOL. - We all need a bit of comic relief sometimes - Yes we do have three seperate accounts held by three diferent persons . Yes two of the persons that surf this forum are young 12 and 9 years old and realy cause no harm. Since I feel that their forum surfing is frowned upon -- would someone please tell me how I can terminate their accounts on this forum but still keep their PM Cell accounts.

@Milk 

The only connnection between the community account and the self-serve cell account is the e-mail address and that is only for the purpose of earning community rewards. Terminating a community account will not affect the self-serve account, and the same goes vice versa.  If a community member wishes to stop participating, there is no need to actually cancel the community account, as these can lie dormant indefinitely, or at least for a very long time.  And if the account ever does get deleted, it is easy to create another.

There is nothing wrong with all three community accounts from the same household genuinely contributing, but it would be frowned upon for the accounts to interact with each other, especially to give each other bravos or solutions. Otherwise, anyone could make multiple community accounts to do this and inflate their participation stats for rewards. There have been various past occurences of such gaming, and ultimately, PM denied rewards to such accounts upon examination. Usually, gamers are noticed fairly quickly and they mostly just end up ruining their own community reputations.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for your detailed informative and kind explanation.  We were not aware that it was not considered proper to interact between PM members under the same roof. If only this Alen person could have been as polished as you and taken the time to explain the rules to us instead of insulting and threatening us .  Rest assured that I have instructed the members in our household to not interact with each other in this forum. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

This new promo looks great, just had a few questions:

1) I'm moving from an old 90-day plan to this new one which is only 30 days. Based on what I've read, I should be able to keep the same reward credits I have despite this change, correct? 

2) I had to future date the change as I'm still in the middle of my current 90 days. Like many others, just hope this really means we'll get the new plan even if the promo is over by then. However, when I went to make the change this message popped up:    

"This cost of this plan is higher than your current available
funds.You will need to make a payment to your account to
complete the plan change."

I'm already on auto-pay and not sure how to interpret this. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Mayor / Maire

@weylander wrote:

Hi all,

1) I'm moving from an old 90-day plan to this new one which is only 30 days. Based on what I've read, I should be able to keep the same reward credits I have despite this change, correct? 

2) I had to future date the change as I'm still in the middle of my current 90 days. Like many others, just hope this really means we'll get the new plan even if the promo is over by then. However, when I went to make the change this message popped up:    

I'm already on auto-pay and not sure how to interpret this. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

I had the same message ...but after I saw on the first page...change plan for next renewal date...so I figured everything will be ok. But I will put money in my available funds just in case...Smiley Wink @RobertQc can you confirm that everything will be ok even if  "This cost of this plan is higher than your current available

Mayor / Maire

@Lieux wrote:

@weylander wrote:

Hi all,

I had the same message ...but after I saw on the first page...change plan for next renewal date...so I figured everything will be ok. But I will put money in my available funds just in case...Smiley Wink @RobertQc can you confirm that everything will be ok even if  "This cost of this plan is higher than your current available

@Lieux  @weylander  Yes its fine as long as they selected change at next renewal. The message is simply letting you know you currently dont have enough money in the account for that plan change. Either a payment has to be made before the next renewal or with autopay things will progress like they did on the previous plan.