cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay bonus at 3G speed for $25!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of April 23, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting March 13, 2019, the $30 for 500 MB Data at 3G speed plan will now be available for $25 per 30 days - for full plan details, check it out below:

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • Voicemail and Call Display
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

I’m already on the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text. Do I need to do anything to get my rate plan to $25/month?

The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I chose to switch to the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text on my next renewal date. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

If you had requested to change your plan before this new pricing was announced, you will continue to pay $30 per 30 days. The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

397 REPLIES 397

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Speedypear wrote:

Excuse me...is this plan here here for a limited time only, or for a longer time? I missed the $25 referral promotion and would like to wait for it to come again to get this plan.

There is no posted limitation but things can change at any time.

Speedypear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Excuse me...is this plan here here for a limited time only, or for a longer time? I missed the $25 referral promotion and would like to wait for it to come again to get this plan.

@raylu wrote:

Just joined today.  Happy.

Did you do online or in-store activation if you don't mind telling

@seirin wrote:

FREE SIM Card. FREE activation. Total I paid at walmart , 0.02 cents.

I got charged 25$+Tax. 2$ auto credit for autopay. 

Next months will be free.

Also remember to enter a referal so that both you and your PublicMobile friend can get 25$ credit. 

Good plan, btw.

You can't get free sim, free month and referral online. It's not stackable. You need to activate instore to get free month and sim, but you need to activate online to get $25 referral.

Yes it's explicitly stated in the ad. But it is possible that he could qualify for the usual 10. I'm not sure though

raylu

Just joined today.  Happy.

seirin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Also remember to enter a referal so that both you and your PublicMobile friend can get 25$ credit. 

Good plan, btw.

You can't get free sim, free month and referral online. It's not stackable. You need to activate instore to get free month and sim, but you need to activate online to get $25 referral.

Vimalkumar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Cool kewl kool

good enjoy.and you will get $25 credit in you account.

Vimal

Pizzaeh

@cool_stuff wrote:

My issue has been resolved.

It took about 3 hours for PORTIN from Freedom mobile. 

Servies is working fine now. 

Cool kewl kool

cool_stuff

My issue has been resolved.

It took about 3 hours for PORTIN from Freedom mobile. 

Servies is working fine now. 

Pizzaeh

@vinnie wrote:

Hi I just signed up today at a kiosk called WoW because this offer was only instore deal. My friend referred me to this deal and I went down and signed up and the clerk put his number in the referral spot along with his phone number. When do I and my friend see that see that Credit/Reward.

Thanks

For in-store activation referrals you will see a $10 referral credit within 72 hours in your Available Funds; your friend will see a $1 refer-a-friend reward every 30 days as long as your account remains active.  The reward converts to available funds before his renewal date.  

vinnie

Hi I just signed up today at a kiosk called WoW because this offer was only instore deal. My friend referred me to this deal and I went down and signed up and the clerk put his number in the referral spot along with his phone number. When do I and my friend see that see that Credit/Reward.

Thanks

@cool_stuff wrote:

Got it today but having issues after porting number from Freedom mobile. Issue sent to admin team. 

Others are unable to reach me after porting in number from Freedom mobile. 

I got SIM activated from walmart today and got a temp number.

Ported my number using publicmobile.ca. No errors at all. 

I am able to call others and my correct ported number is showing up but no one is able to reach me on publicmobile with my PORTED number.

Same number still works on Freedom network.

That is exactly how number porting is supposed to work, unless it's been an extendedd period of time.  Inocoming calls to your Public Mobile sim card should start working within a few hours of the request.  Until then, keep using your Freedom service if you don't want to miss it when people call you.  If after a few hours, things don't get transfered over, then you will probably then have to ge the moderators to look into it for you.

cool_stuff

Got it today but having issues after porting number from Freedom mobile. Issue sent to admin team. 

Others are unable to reach me after porting in number from Freedom mobile. 

I got SIM activated from walmart today and got a temp number.

Ported my number using publicmobile.ca. No errors at all. 

I am able to call others and my correct ported number is showing up but no one is able to reach me on publicmobile with my PORTED number.

Same number still works on Freedom network.

Good plan, btw.

Hi 0 sim and 0 first month is in store activation only 25 referral is online only, so if you have to pick go with the in-store one as you may also be eligible for $10 referral if you ask them to fill in the referral part for you. (I'm assuming you have a friend that is referring you, bring his/her number) That is the usual referral promotion when $25 is not running

Pizzaeh

@Ccomeau09 wrote:

Hello

can i sign up for this plan today and get the $25 referral credit that expires today AND the $0 SIM card and $0 plan for next 30 days? Does anyone know...

No, the $25 requires online activation. The free SIM card and free 2nd month is for in-store activations.

Ccomeau09

Hello

can i sign up for this plan today and get the $25 referral credit that expires today AND the $0 SIM card and $0 plan for next 30 days? Does anyone know...

lc123128

i recommend this plan

You will still receive basically the same (i should really call it equivalent) but in different intervals: $4 per 30 days.

@Vimalkumar wrote:

Hi

Currently i am getting $12 rewards for 90 days plan my question is how much rewards will i getting if i switch $25  plan 30 days plan

Vimal

If they are autopay, loyalty, and referral rewards, deviide that number by 3. You will get $4 in rewards each 30 days.

Pizzaeh

@Vimalkumar wrote:

Hi

Currently i am getting $12 rewards for 90 days plan my question is how much rewards will i getting if i switch $25  plan 30 days plan

Vimal

Hi @Vimalkumar , as @Harjind mentioned you will get the same amount of rewards divided over 3 months.

Harjind

@Vimalkumar wrote:

Hi

Vimal

As stated in my last reply, you would recieve $4 worth of rewards per 30 days.

Vimalkumar

Hi

Vimal

Harjind

@Vimalkumar wrote:

Hi i got it, currently i have 90 days plan and i am getting $3 friend referal + $6 auto pay + $3 loyalty rewards so after activating $25 per month plan what rewards will i should be getting?

Vimal

The rewards should transfer. However, since it is a one month plan, you should recieve $1 friend referral, $2 autopay and $1 loyalty per month. Over three months however, it is the same.

Pizzaeh

@Vimalkumar wrote:

Hi i got it, currently i have 90 days plan and i am getting $3 friend referal + $6 auto pay + $3 loyalty rewards so after activating $25 per month plan what rewards will i should be getting?

Vimal

If you're on a 90 day plan, and you just paid for the next 90 days, you can still schedule the plan change to lock in the $25 plan price for the next renewal date.  Changing the plan won't affect your friend rewards as long as they maintain their active lines on Public Mobile.

Vimalkumar

Vimal

Hi

One more thing to mention is if it happens that they cancel that promotion before your renewal date, don't worry if you ordered the switch while it was still on you will still switch on that date. So really doesn't make sense to do the immediate switch, on the renewal date is best you can do

And if they offer another plan that you would rather take, that's ok you can always cancel the scheduled switch and get another one

Harjind

@Vimalkumar wrote:

Hi,

I want to change my current plan to $25 per month with auto pay. But my renual date is today and my payment was done by today. Will i eligible for this plan?

Vimal

If you go to your account and click on Change Plan, you are able to select a new plan to replace your current one. It will be automatically activated at your next renewal date, whether that be today or next month.

Pizzaeh

@Vimalkumar wrote:

Hi,

I want to change my current plan to $25 per month with auto pay. But my renual date is today and my payment was done by today. Will i eligible for this plan?

Vimal

You need to schedule the plan change to occur on the next renewal date.  Since you just paid for the next 30 day cycle, there are no prorating of fees.  That means, if you changed it now, you would forfeit the 30 days and the plan fees you just paid, PLUS you would be charged the full $25 plan cost right away.  

The good thing is, as long as you schedule the plan change while that $25 plan is available (it is currently) you will lock in that plan price for your next renewal date.  

@Vimalkumar wrote:

Hi,

Vimal

If your payment went through the system..nothing to do for this month but you can change your plan for THE NEXT RENEWAL DATE in your self serve account and make sure to enter your credit card information.

Vimalkumar

Hi,

Vimal

Need Help? Let's chat.