cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay bonus at 3G speed for $25!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of April 23, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting March 13, 2019, the $30 for 500 MB Data at 3G speed plan will now be available for $25 per 30 days - for full plan details, check it out below:

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • Voicemail and Call Display
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

I’m already on the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text. Do I need to do anything to get my rate plan to $25/month?

The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I chose to switch to the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text on my next renewal date. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

If you had requested to change your plan before this new pricing was announced, you will continue to pay $30 per 30 days. The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

397 REPLIES 397

AJ9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Excellent move by PM to lower the price of the plan.

I am on the $30 plan with the $10/6 months credit promo which was activated in Dec-2018. I want to keep the $10 promo for the remaining 3 months, and then change to this $25 plan.

When I go into self-serve > Change Plan option, I see the "change at next renewal date" option. How do I set it to make the change at a "future date", in June 2019 in my case?

Thanks.

@lfaber wrote:

If I am on a lower plan, do I get credit for the minutes I have already purchased? What's my incentive to upgrade? 

No, this is prepaid. No refunds for unused portions of your plan if you decide to change before it's all used. It's highly encouraged that you schedule a future dated plan change if you want to change your plan - the system will take care of it at the next renewal date.

Your incentive? Nobody forces you on a plan that doesn't fit your needs, but this is a well rounded package at an amazing price (for Canadian standards) and ideal for someone who uses more than the limited minutes and texts on the $10 plan, and wants a little bit of data for the occasional time when they are not on WiFi. No need to watch how many texts you've sent or how long you talked to your cousin accross the country, and you can check your social media nd e-mails on the go.

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

because with the new plan you can get access to internet if you dont have it, if you do have Data on your current plan then just wait no other reason to do it now, 

myself i have signed up for it but it will take effect on my next renewell

Pizzaeh

@lfaber wrote:

But why would I do it now versus wait until my current minute allotment is consummed?

Schedule the plan change for your next renewal date.  Don't change now, since you'll have to pay the full amount right away.

Pizzaeh

@lfaber wrote:

If I am on a lower plan, do I get credit for the minutes I have already purchased? What's my incentive to upgrade? 

That depends on your needs, but this plan has unlimited Canada-wide calling and text, plus some data.  Everything the average working stiff needs to get through the day.  With autopay, it's $23.  

lfaber
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

But why would I do it now versus wait until my current minute allotment is consummed?

denis2

your incentive is to upgrade to unlimited, since you already purchased minutes you can upgrade when you have used up all your minutes

lfaber

@peterk9981 wrote:

Hello

Could someone give me an referral for the $25?

Thank you.

PEter Kim

Any Public Mobile customer can refer you.  Hope to see you as a customer as well soon!

peterk9981
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

Could someone give me an referral for the $25?

Thank you.

PEter Kim

denis2

Yes thats exactly what it means, + dont forget you also get a $2.00 credit every month with autopay

lfaber

What does  "+Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay" mean? I get an extar 500 megs if I enable Autopay?

dna2016

Wow, this is an awesome plan, definitely something that I think a lot of customers, especially existing customers, will jump on.  Nice move, and an even more incentive to get customers to move from the 90 day to 30 day payments.  Definitely looks like it's PMs mission to do away with 90 day payment option.

@RobertQc  that's gold, bringing the original Jurassic Park, NICESmiley LOL

@Maggie1 wrote:

I just changed my plan to this new one. My previous plan was $25 without data. So I want to add the data with same price. But why I was charged another $25? I just activated my account 5 days ago and paid $25. 

@Maggie1  sorry to say but because you didn't read what you were clicking and clicked "change plan now" not "change at next renewal". The self serve system did what you asked of it as intended.

Since this was clearly a mistake I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message. they might be able to do something for you

Maggie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just changed my plan to this new one. My previous plan was $25 without data. So I want to add the data with same price. But why I was charged another $25? I just activated my account 5 days ago and paid $25. 

Asima

That's a great tip, I don't need but will keep in mind for future.

Asima

Thanks a lot, I changed mine and my husband's plan. wish I knew this yesterday as my plan charged today before I knew new offer so I didn't take the risk to change from now instead choose from the future renewal date. But luckily my husband will get data from Mar. 17. This is the lowest and most decent plan price I saw so far. Thanks Public Mobile. I hope this will not be for a limited time only.

saje_ward

1-yes, you keep your reward credits. Rather than getting 3x credit that you are getting each time you renew for 90 days, you will get a 1x credit for your 30 day renewal. This works out to be the exact same MONTHLY credit.

2-you have signed up for the new promo, you will get the new promo upon renewal, the error should go away if you select next day and are on autopay.

@weylander wrote:

Hi all,

This new promo looks great, just had a few questions:

1) I'm moving from an old 90-day plan to this new one which is only 30 days. Based on what I've read, I should be able to keep the same reward credits I have despite this change, correct? 

2) I had to future date the change as I'm still in the middle of my current 90 days. Like many others, just hope this really means we'll get the new plan even if the promo is over by then. However, when I went to make the change this message popped up:    

"This cost of this plan is higher than your current available
funds.You will need to make a payment to your account to
complete the plan change."

I'm already on auto-pay and not sure how to interpret this. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

@Lieux wrote:

@weylander wrote:

Hi all,

1) I'm moving from an old 90-day plan to this new one which is only 30 days. Based on what I've read, I should be able to keep the same reward credits I have despite this change, correct? 

2) I had to future date the change as I'm still in the middle of my current 90 days. Like many others, just hope this really means we'll get the new plan even if the promo is over by then. However, when I went to make the change this message popped up:    

I'm already on auto-pay and not sure how to interpret this. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

I had the same message ...but after I saw on the first page...change plan for next renewal date...so I figured everything will be ok. But I will put money in my available funds just in case...Smiley Wink @RobertQc can you confirm that everything will be ok even if  "This cost of this plan is higher than your current available

@Lieux  @weylander  Yes its fine as long as they selected change at next renewal. The message is simply letting you know you currently dont have enough money in the account for that plan change. Either a payment has to be made before the next renewal or with autopay things will progress like they did on the previous plan.

@weylander wrote:

Hi all,

I had the same message ...but after I saw on the first page...change plan for next renewal date...so I figured everything will be ok. But I will put money in my available funds just in case...Smiley Wink @RobertQc can you confirm that everything will be ok even if  "This cost of this plan is higher than your current available

weylander

Hi all,

Milk

Thanks for your detailed informative and kind explanation.  We were not aware that it was not considered proper to interact between PM members under the same roof. If only this Alen person could have been as polished as you and taken the time to explain the rules to us instead of insulting and threatening us .  Rest assured that I have instructed the members in our household to not interact with each other in this forum. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Milk wrote:

I'm here. Man WinkLOL. - We all need a bit of comic relief sometimes - Yes we do have three seperate accounts held by three diferent persons . Yes two of the persons that surf this forum are young 12 and 9 years old and realy cause no harm. Since I feel that their forum surfing is frowned upon -- would someone please tell me how I can terminate their accounts on this forum but still keep their PM Cell accounts.

@Milk 

The only connnection between the community account and the self-serve cell account is the e-mail address and that is only for the purpose of earning community rewards. Terminating a community account will not affect the self-serve account, and the same goes vice versa.  If a community member wishes to stop participating, there is no need to actually cancel the community account, as these can lie dormant indefinitely, or at least for a very long time.  And if the account ever does get deleted, it is easy to create another.

There is nothing wrong with all three community accounts from the same household genuinely contributing, but it would be frowned upon for the accounts to interact with each other, especially to give each other bravos or solutions. Otherwise, anyone could make multiple community accounts to do this and inflate their participation stats for rewards. There have been various past occurences of such gaming, and ultimately, PM denied rewards to such accounts upon examination. Usually, gamers are noticed fairly quickly and they mostly just end up ruining their own community reputations.

wickedgx

I hope Public decides to create a new $30 plan that was better than the previous one. Smiley Wink

@kav2001c wrote:

@SD08  + @computergeek541 

meh I prefer they say its a month / week etc long promo and activate by the Xth day or else

You guys have some rank, go rough em up and get back to me Cat LOL

Hey kav2001c,

I was told "ongoing promotion", but that doesn't mean that such promotions can't ever change (and sometimes do).

@sebby 

Public is prepaid so no shock roaming ever

Even in other countries*

Yes you can use your phone anywhere in Canada

As to speed question, 3G works for pretty much everything

Even stuff like videos since most sites simply scale lower resolution

*note in other countries you simply can not use the phone at all, hence no extra charges

sebby

Has anyone else switched from 4G LTE to the $25 3G option and found any real difference?

@sebby 

Under your plan details, it should state the following 

ie.  

• This plan includes: -
  • - 5GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

Or under data add ons:

Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
5GB at 3G Speed
xxxxxx  /  5120 MB

If it does not state at 3G speed, I would assume it is the LTE/4G

sebby

@kav2001c thanks it says LTE when I looked at my phone. My phone is a Pixel 2 so I assume it will work.  I do not to snapchat or instagram.  I just check my email and facebook as well as text.  

So just to make sure ... if I travel to Montreal and make a phone call I will not be charged roaming ... is that correct @kav2001c 

@sebby 

It will say 3G plan if 3G

Otherwise plan is LTE

Your phone should display which network you are connected to (some say 3G / 4G instead of LTE though depends on phone)

Need Help? Let's chat.