cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 4 GB at 3G speeds for $40!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of 9:35AM ET June 25, 2018: This plan is now expired. 

Hey Community,

For a limited time only, Public Mobile is offering a $40 for 4 GB at 3G speed plan which includes Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International text. This offer is available for new and current customers. Plus, if you sign-up or renew on this plan and refer a friend, you and your friend will also be eligible for our new and improved  Refer a Friend Reward. Let the savings begin!

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 4 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get this Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only, so hurry and activate as soon as possible!

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer, what is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

You may choose to change your plan immediately or on your next renewal date. Here is the difference:

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

• There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.
  • A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.
  • Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.
  • Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

• If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.
  • If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.
  • You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

256 REPLIES 256

GreatCanadian

@HereIsNow, have you future-dated the promo plan? If so, you have nothing else to do. If not, let me know and I'll post how to do that. 

GC

HereIsNow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So just to verify, if I'm currently on the $40 2.5 GB plan, will it automatically switch to the $40 4 GB plan upon renewal or do I have to manually change the plan?

dna2016

@Lelievreaj totally agree, Canadians pay oneof the highest rates in the world, and get so little.  I remember when there were limits on local text messages.  Commuication companies were making a killing off of these little things (i.e. voicemail, call display) all you to cost like an extra $8 each.  I don't think we'll have any drastic changes until there are changes to teh NAFTA deal between Canada and U.S..  Right now U.S. companies do not want to come to Canada because of all the red tape.  I remember when Wind Mobile (now Freedom Mobile), first came to Canada, the owner at that time regretted coming here, and then eventually stepped away.  Until there are changes to NAFTA, and CRTC backs off, then I don't see much change happening (sadly) Smiley Sad    I wonder which of the big 3 will have unlimited data.  Will we ever see that?

Lelievreaj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dna2016 if Freedom's in your area, it's by far the best deal around. They had an iPhone 8 promo as well with that 10GB/$50 deal, not sure if that deal's alive. No one will price-match, I contacted PM about it but there's nothing they could do. Hopefully Canadian cell phone plans come on par with the rest of the world and start getting better, we're getting hosed! As for this plan, I'll update to this for now and then hopefully the LTE plan comes along and I'll switch over to that.

GreatCanadian

I want 3g. It does everything I need it to do, at satisfactory speeds. I came from Telus LTE which I didn't find any faster for my usage. So, if 3g is cheaper, then I want 3g.

@meocon PM is capped at 3 mbps, not 2.5

dna2016

Nice promo, definitely gonna get some happy campers with this one.  But i'm seeing some 10GB offers out there for $50 at 4G/LTE speeds (i think Freedom Mobile has that), so still might lose some clients over that.  Hopefully we see some LTE offers soon.  But definitely a good start. 

dna2016

@Lg85

Agreed, who wants 3G speeds anymore, it's all about LTE now, surprised they still offer 3G to begin with.  But I guess this is definitely better than nothing, so I'll take it.

meocon

Public Mobile's 3G is capped at 2.5 mbps. I get between 15 and 35 mbps on 4G LTE in Edmonton.

GreatCanadian

Yes I'm aware of that. I think most here know I was referring to LTE speeds. 

GC 

They're all LTE customers. It's just restricted vs unrestricted LTE speeds.

GreatCanadian

I'm not too sure that PM will be promoting LTE plans. Telus seems to want to move as many LTE customers as possible to Koodo or Telus themselves. PM seems to be gearing itself moreso to 3G consumers. But I could be 100% wrong!! 😁

GC 

prithwirajj

I am confident that LTE plan is coming soon because of the ongoing competition between service providers.

@Lelievreaj wrote:

I'm currently on an old $135/90 day plan. Does anyone know what speed the data is on my plan? It doesn't have much in the ways of details for the old plans. Also, do my current credits (loyalty, referrals and autopay) carry over if I was to change plans?

Thanks in advance!

If you are on a 3G plan, it should say "at 3G speed" under your plan details. If it doesn't say anything, then you are probably on LTE plan. Another way you can check is by doing a quick speed test. If your speed on LTE is higher than 3mbps, then you are on LTE. 

matbasm

@Lelievreaj, you should be able to see the speed you have by looking in your self serve portal.  I think it shows up under the My Plan section.  If it is 3G, it will say 3G, otherwise, it is full LTE,  As for rewards, yes they would all carry over if you change plans.

Edited...

Lelievreaj

I'm currently on an old $135/90 day plan. Does anyone know what speed the data is on my plan? It doesn't have much in the ways of details for the old plans. Also, do my current credits (loyalty, referrals and autopay) carry over if I was to change plans?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Public Mobile @Pizzagator

Pizzagator

I just switched to PM for this plan and it was super easy to port my number in. Looking forward to saving some $$ every month 😉

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sheytoon wrote:

@torontokris, My response would be a similar incident that went against the operator (Bell in this case) in court. That example was a verbal contract. In PM's case it's written.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bell-customer-wins-court-battle-over-contract-1.4635118

Without getting into the full details, yes that customer was right as he had a CONTRACT and had the script / price of that contract being promised to him over two years. Not forever!

The judge said.. Bell has the right to impose price changes, but not during a contract when a monthly price has been agreed upon

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JL9 wrote:

If you change your current plan, does the clock reset for the purposes of the loyalty reward?

No. You just need to have an active account. Doesn't matter the plan

@torontokris, My response would be a similar incident that went against the operator (Bell in this case) in court. That example was a verbal contract. In PM's case it's written.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bell-customer-wins-court-battle-over-contract-1.4635118

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you change your current plan, does the clock reset for the purposes of the loyalty reward?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Awesome!!!!!

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sheytoon wrote:

The Fall 2016 plan has the "no surprises" provision, which would make it an unlikely target of price increases.

That is VERY debatable, and already been debated many times. I dont think anyone can make that claim simply because PM cancelled a price increase that was subject to go ahead. Anyways subject for another forum."All good things must come to an end"

For people on the Fall 2016 promo, please note this new plan's price is subject to change and can increase in the future.

The Fall 2016 plan has the "no surprises" provision, which would make it an unlikely target of price increases.

Cellexcite

You won't be eligible for that plan until the next time your plan renewal date comes up. Make sure to select the plan and choose change at next renewal date. Keep in mind. Public mobile is always changing their plans and pricing and if you wait you may get an even better deal. Then again you might not too so the choice is ultimately yours.

jt17g
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thx for the good plan:)

CalvinW

Even though it’s  not LTE, the Canada wide calling makes it quite enticing 

Taekgun

Well Done PM.  This is the kind of promotion that us as customers can promote to our family and friends, especially with the $10 referral credit for new customers.  I've put two lines on to this plan for our upcoming renewal.

CDNUSER
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

I cut an paste this from the PM help section.

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Awesome!

Need Help? Let's chat.