cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a limited time - Get an extra $20 Credit when you refer a friend to Public Mobile

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of December 31, 2019: This offer is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting November 25th, 2019 for a limited time, you get a $20 credit (on top of the regular Referral perks) when you refer a friend to Public Mobile and they activate online or in-store. 

You

Your friend

• $1 off your payment every 30 days for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile  
  • *New* Extra $20 one-time credit
  • $10 one-time credit

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online or in-store on any plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion. Learn more about Referral Codes HERE
  3. The extra one-time $20 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Purchase a Public Mobile SIM card online or in store. Click here to find a store
  2. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store.
  3. Enter your active Public Mobile referral code on the referral page during the activation process. The one-time $10 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

Spoiler
Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs
1. Where do I find my referral code?

Visit this link to learn more about referral codes.

2. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards? 

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $10 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $20 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here
3. I just joined Public Mobile through this offer, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit?

Yes, you will receive the ongoing one-time $10 account credit.

4. When does this promotion end? 

This promotion is available for a limited time and is subject to become unavailable at any time.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.  
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile referral code) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

223 REPLIES 223

Chuchamiga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I signed up with pubic mobile jesterday but how to know sure if the referral code was working when putting the transaction through?? It was saying something like need referrer code or must enter referrer code even though I had the correct referrer code in the box. It took me about 30 minutes just to get passed that page because every time I submitted the info it would gift me error with those replies above. Is there way to vericheck I'm get the tan dollars? and same for my referee ?

I know the code was correct but it may have had to be remoed from the box before I was let to go on. 

@JMmadd  still active refer away.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JMmadd wrote:

Is this offer still available or has it expired?

No expiry date yet.

Go ahead to refer your friend and family.

PM will let us know a few days before promo ends

JMmadd

Is this offer still available or has it expired?

@Roxyroller wrote:

Is this still on, was not sure?

As of now it is. It can end at anytime.

Log into self serve look to the right the details will be there along with your referral code that you have to provide to the person you're referring so they can enter it when signing up.

Roxyroller

Is this still on, was not sure?

versysrob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my question has been answered.  I received the additional $20 in my account the next day.  The extra reward that was offered when I refer someone. 

So far PM rocks.

Stay safe

MilkMan2

What is the expiry date for this offer? Can I still get it on Dec. 20?

bhplin

That's great!

@bhingaradiak wrote:
Re: Still locked out of my self-serve account

My name is Kishor Bhingaradia phone [phone number removed for privacy]

my email:[email removed for privacy] which would have been provided originally when I bought the plan. But now I can't login or register using this email So I have used [email removed for privacy] to get to community help. 

I need my account number, I am unable to sign up for a account access, it doesn't let me.

I also need to reset my email address on file as its not accepting current email..

Thanks

@bhingaradiak  Im sorry nobody seems to have helped you out. In future ask your own question to up top in the "ask a question " under the appropriate section like "self serve" and you will get dedicated responses and more attention to solve your issue. You need to contact a moderator who will help you change your email so you can set up your self serve account. Be sure to not post personal info here on the community but only to a moderator in your private messages that you can find by looking for the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen. This is where you will communicate privately with the moderator. To contact one click on the (?) at the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators. Type in human or rep then follow the prompts to explain your issue and submit  your service ticket.  Keep an eye on your private message box for a little number to pop up indicating a message. You will have to verify that you are the account holder with the moderator so Be ready to supply your email used when you signed up, your pin#, ph #, name on account, address and  your security question and answer. If you've forgotten one they will just ask you another question. It can take as little as an hour or as long as eight hours to hear back the reply back promptly to get faster service.

@versysrob wrote:

I referred my first friend.. He is set up. I received a text from PM showing my $1.00 a month perk but got nothing about the extra $20 credit I am supposed to get. It's not in my account. The $1.00 is? Does the $20 happen later? 

Public Mobile says to wait up to 72 hours for those one-time credits.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@versysrob wrote:

I referred my first friend.. He is set up. I received a text from PM showing my $1.00 a month perk but got nothing about the extra $20 credit I am supposed to get. It's not in my account. The $1.00 is? Does the $20 happen later?

Today is December 19.  What date did you see your $1?

versysrob

hdam99

Hi,

Unless your friend entered wrong code, or not entering at all, you should have received it.  Steps to check:

1  Checked if your friend got $10.  If not, he might have not entered your code at a correct location. 

2. If he got $10, and you didn’t see $1/month discount, then he might’ve entered wrong code.  Open support ticket

3. If you see $1/month discount, check the history if there is any deduction of $20 from your billing 

Hope you can find/get your $20

...-H

bhingaradiak
Re: Still locked out of my self-serve account

My name is Kishor Bhingaradia phone [phone number removed for privacy]

my email:[email removed for privacy] which would have been provided originally when I bought the plan. But now I can't login or register using this email So I have used [email removed for privacy] to get to community help. 

I need my account number, I am unable to sign up for a account access, it doesn't let me.

I also need to reset my email address on file as its not accepting current email..

Thanks

Bj2001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would only refer my worst enemy to PM, their ability to fix the USA Addons is totally crappy and frustrating! You have to wait for a moderator (whom you can only contact on the private messaging service) who then takes their sweet time to even getting around to fixing it and then blames it on some other company. LOL I wouln't want to lose friends by recommending PM! 

@fruitloops   You are on the community with other customers like you. We can help advise you but we don't apply credits or rewards or anything that requires access to your account. If you feel that your rewards or a credit has not been applied correctly you will have to submit a service ticket to the moderators by clicking on the (?) At the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators. Just type in human or rep then follow the prompts to explain your issue and submit a service ticket. Then keep an eye on your private message box at the top right corner of your screen the envelope icon next to your avatar for a response from a moderator.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fruitloops wrote:

Oh yeah? I have a monthly credit of 5$ that you don't apply to my bill. I renewed my servive yesterday WITHOUT it. Correct, please, and keep it that way.

André Martin

$5 of what? Rewards?

Just posting here like that will not get it fixed.

Maybe post a screen snip of your overview page and/or payment history and we can maybe help you find it. Blank out personal info of course.

fruitloops

Oh yeah? I have a monthly credit of 5$ that you don't apply to my bill. I renewed my servive yesterday WITHOUT it. Correct, please, and keep it that way.

André Martin

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just had some one use my referral. I got the $1 reward by text but did not get the $20 until the next day. Be patient.....it does say 72 hours. 

Also log in yourself and confirm whether your "refer a friend" total has incremented by $1. This happens almost immediately after a successful referal and is the quickest way to tell if a referal has been processed. 

AE_Collector

@ctwvenus wrote:

My friend who activated a new Public Mobile account at least a week ago and used my referral code. It is supposed to have the one time $20 credit to my account as said in the website within 72 hours of her activation, but I still have not received the credit yet. So I am wondering why and what can I do? 

Thank you very much!

Did you friend receive the $10 credit?

Open a ticket by using https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and then typing in "rep".

ctwvenus

My friend who activated a new Public Mobile account at least a week ago and used my referral code. It is supposed to have the one time $20 credit to my account as said in the website within 72 hours of her activation, but I still have not received the credit yet. So I am wondering why and what can I do? 

Thank you very much!

versysrob

I just send my first referral link!!!  looking forward to my rewards!  ty PM.  So far, I have been with PM for a couple of weeks and all is working great.

rktc_2003

This is very attractive promotion. It works flawlessly, I refer my friend Monday afternoon, I got 1$ reward message right away and by 1-30 AM my account balance got $20 credit.

Very delighted. 

@stevenhayward wrote:

I referred a relative to switch from Bell to Public Mobile a few days ago, and didn't even realize there was an added $20 dollar incentive. A lovely surprise to see that credit in my account. Thanks PM! Smiley Very Happy

@stevenhayward  Hopefully you have realized that pm has given you a couple of holiday gifts and you have already added them to your account?

stevenhayward

@c70nut wrote:

I referred someone but didn't get a credit.  Did the promo end?

This promotion is still active.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Taruney wrote:

I just switched to Public Mobile on December 15. When and where can I see the $10 Also I chose the 25 dollar plan which is supposed to give me $0 for my first bill where can I see that as well. I am very new and want to figure it all out.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

The $10 should appear overnight but officially up to 3 days.

Without looking, the promo month iirc should show up before 30 days. Up to 6 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.