cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Until July 21st, get 2 GB of data for $30/mo!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective from now until July 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on the ready-made $35 1.5 GB plan can get $5/mo off and 500 MB of bonus data on a recurring basis.

Plan details:

•     30-day plan
  •     1 GB Data at 3G speed
  •     +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  •     Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  •     Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •     Voicemail and Call Display

What’s extra?

•     Save $5/mo (recurring)
  •     +Bonus 500 MB (recurring)

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select the plan “Special Offer! $35 for 1 GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps. The promotion will be applied automatically at the payment step. 

Here’s what else you should know:

•     Only the Ready-made $35/mo plan is eligible for this offer.
  •   Eligible customers will pay $30/mo at activation and as a monthly recurring charge - the $5/mo saving will not be a credit amount, the amount charged will be adjusted instead.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion and the extras will be removed.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

117 REPLIES 117

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

EDIT: sorry, my apologies.  I misread and posted too quickly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@kevinqqh wrote:

Too bad offer not available to existing customers.

Regardless, the offer has expired.

kevinqqh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Too bad offer not available to existing customers.

kevinqqh

30/mo for 2 GB ,  i don't think it's cheap . how about 4 GB . LOL

ntqm27

Oh no! I just realized the sale ended 11:59pm Eastern Time, I signed up around 10pm Pacific Time 😬 We are three hours behind!  Thank you for replying.

Maria

@ntqm27 wrote:

Hello I’m a new customer who sign up for the promo on July 21st & 22nd, which was the $35 for $30 and an extra 0.500 GB...it said I will get credit for $5 plus 0.500 GB but I have not seen anything yet in my my account.  Thank you.

Did you sign up on the 22nd?  The promotion wasn't valid on July 22nd.

ntqm27

Hello I’m a new customer who sign up for the promo on July 21st & 22nd, which was the $35 for $30 and an extra 0.500 GB...it said I will get credit for $5 plus 0.500 GB but I have not seen anything yet in my my account.  Thank you.

XionBunny

@AE_Collector wrote:

Good to know it is do-able! Thanks for the report.

Now to see if it becomes a regular PM plan in the next few days!

Terry

We can only hope, please surprise us public mobile!

Good to know it is do-able! Thanks for the report.

Now to see if it becomes a regular PM plan in the next few days!

Terry

killer23d
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

@killer23d wrote:

I got everything done under 3 hours after I picked up a Bell and PM SIM:

1) Signed up with a new PM account and plan

2) Signed up with a prepaid account with Bell and ported out my exisiting PM number

3) PM number ported to Bell in half hour

4) Confirmed no service on PM SIM, yes service on Bell SIM

5) Port now-Bell number to PM

6) PM number ported in half hour

There is no up front cost to port to Bell as I chose to pay later.

Nicely done. So I guess you didn't leave behind any accumulated rewards or available funds.

I lost $1 on referral credit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@killer23d wrote:

2) Signed up with a prepaid account with Bell and ported out my exisiting PM number

Nicely done. So I guess you didn't leave behind any accumulated rewards or available funds.

killer23d
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

jal_wong

I do realize the promotion is over but I had experienced the same error yesterday as well.  But the SIM and appropriate plan successfully activated on my account after 20 minute wait.  I was just suggesting to ladymacbeth check her SIM to see if it was activated or not.

@jal_wong wrote:

PM system is overloaded.

Give it 15-20 minutes and verify the SIM is working on your phone.  You'll need to do a network scan to ensure you're connected to Public Mobile 

The problem this is that the promotion is officially over.  I do not know if the system was programmed to remove the promotion right at midnight eastern time or if someone has to manually remove it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jal_wong wrote:

PM system is overloaded.

Give it 15-20 minutes and verify the SIM is working on your phone.  You'll need to do a network scan to ensure you're connected to Public Mobile 

@jal_wong 

The promo's over now anyway.

jal_wong

PM system is overloaded.

@ladymacbeth wrote:

trying to activate my sim for this but it keeps giving me invalid sim error. how can i resolve this and still get the promotional offer?

@ladymacbeth  Notify the moderator team and include the sim number you are trying to activate.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

ladymacbeth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

trying to activate my sim for this but it keeps giving me invalid sim error. how can i resolve this and still get the promotional offer?

paul007

it sounds realy good plan i think people take a look and geab this deal it might not come again, technically for $28 you are getting 2G data can't be wrong

XionBunny

I hope maybe they'd offer a cheap 2 gig add on or lower the price on the 1 gig add on make it far more reasonable to grab in a pinch, theyd earn more cash in the long run with more people buying it at a better cost.

@dabr wrote:

@Sinbad1969 wrote:

I just signed up for the flash sale. $35.00 plan. Which should be $33.90 for 2gig with auto pay and $5.00 off. Instead of $33.90 a month I paid $39.55. Don’t understand why. I’m new to public mobile. Thx anyone that can answer my question 

You were charged $35 plus tax.  In the promotions details it says it can take upto 7 business days for the discount to appear in your account.  Looks like you'll have to wait a little while.

Somerhing similar also happened for a past promotion not too long ago.  In that case, the plan details said that you had to pay full price and then wait for a creditz while the annoucement said that even the first 30 days was discounted.  In the end, Public Mobile had to go back and apply an account credit and I believe make a plan change for anyone who didn't get the discount.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr 

I'm not sure what promotion details you're looking at but the OP of this thread from Alan says that the initial activation charge should be the $30. Somehow they're supposed to adjust at payment. How? I dunno. Is it working that way? Doesn't look like it.

I read that too but I also noticed the following:

$5 credit and 500MB bonus will be automatically applied to eligible Ready-made rate plan of $35/month. Discount and bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 7 business days for the discount to be applied. This offer is subject to change without notice.

Where. Are. You. Seeing. That? Clearly I must be going senile.

Ooohhhh!

35promo.JPG

Once again...mixed messaging. The OP also said starting at the time of the announcement and this says just the weekend.

Sigh.

Thanks for making me dig deeper. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr 

I'm not sure what promotion details you're looking at but the OP of this thread from Alan says that the initial activation charge should be the $30. Somehow they're supposed to adjust at payment. How? I dunno. Is it working that way? Doesn't look like it.

I read that too but I also noticed the following:

$5 credit and 500MB bonus will be automatically applied to eligible Ready-made rate plan of $35/month. Discount and bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 7 business days for the discount to be applied. This offer is subject to change without notice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ching wrote:

so weird, that's the only 35 dollars plan there. I just sent an email to the team, so hopefully to hear back from them soon.

@Ching  After reading the promotion details, it looks like you might have a wait of 7 business days before the discount appears in your account.

@Sinbad1969 wrote:

I just signed up for the flash sale. $35.00 plan. Which should be $33.90 for 2gig with auto pay and $5.00 off. Instead of $33.90 a month I paid $39.55. Don’t understand why. I’m new to public mobile. Thx anyone that can answer my question 

You were charged $35 plus tax.  In the promotions details it says it can take upto 7 business days for the discount to appear in your account.  Looks like you'll have to wait a little while.

Sinbad1969
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ching

so weird, that's the only 35 dollars plan there. I just sent an email to the team, so hopefully to hear back from them soon.

Ching

Thank you so much. I just sent them an email.

jal_wong

I think you might of not selected the correct plan.  This is my transaction history.

Capture.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.