cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Until July 21st, get 2 GB of data for $30/mo!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective from now until July 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on the ready-made $35 1.5 GB plan can get $5/mo off and 500 MB of bonus data on a recurring basis.

Plan details:

•     30-day plan
  •     1 GB Data at 3G speed
  •     +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  •     Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  •     Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •     Voicemail and Call Display

What’s extra?

•     Save $5/mo (recurring)
  •     +Bonus 500 MB (recurring)

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select the plan “Special Offer! $35 for 1 GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps. The promotion will be applied automatically at the payment step. 

Here’s what else you should know:

•     Only the Ready-made $35/mo plan is eligible for this offer.
  •   Eligible customers will pay $30/mo at activation and as a monthly recurring charge - the $5/mo saving will not be a credit amount, the amount charged will be adjusted instead.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion and the extras will be removed.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

117 REPLIES 117

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ching  What was your credit card charged?  If you selected the $35 plan the $5 discount should have been immediate from what the  promotion says.  If you think you've not received the discount then you'll need to contact Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To hear back from them could take upto 48 hours but usually is a lot faster.

Ching
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is what I have been charged. Is it right? This is my 1st time, and I had lots of trouble to set up the account, so hopefully, I got it rightScreen Shot 2019-07-21 at 5.13.20 PM.png

@Ching wrote:

1.5GB at 3G Speed

@Ching  Check you payment history what did you get charged during activation. Was it $30? If yes, then the data should show up within 72 hours. If you got charged $35 then you picked the wrong plan.

Ching

1.5GB at 3G Speed

@Ching wrote:

so what about the 500mb?

I have the $35 plan 

@Ching  What does your data counter show on the first page when you login to selfserve?

Ching

so what about the 500mb?

I have the $35 plan 

@Ching wrote:

I just registered for this new deal but the extra bonus of 5 dollars off and 500mb of data never showed up on my account. I followed the above steps too...

@Ching The $5 gets deducted upon renewal. 

Here’s what else you should know:

•   Only the Ready-made $35/mo plan is eligible for this offer.
  •   Eligible customers will pay $30/mo at activation and as a monthly recurring charge - the $5/mo saving will not be a credit amount, the amount charged will be adjusted instead.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion and the extras will be removed.

Ching

i am a new customer. 

Ching

I just registered for this new deal but the extra bonus of 5 dollars off and 500mb of data never showed up on my account. I followed the above steps too...

@Benwiebe simple answer is can't it is for new customers / conquest only.. but you can port out and in again of PM if you want a convoluted way.

@Benwiebe wrote:

How do you get it if you are already a member of public mobile 

@Benwiebe  You need to signup as a new customer.

Benwiebe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do you get it if you are already a member of public mobile 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Great plan/price etc but not losing my loyalty & referral credits to jump on it (by porting out and back in)

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MoreYummy wrote:

good plan overall for new customers. Smiley Happy

wondering when will good plan for existing users.  

We all hope for a nice promo deal for us existing customers, they've listened in the past, hopefully, they do now.

good plan overall for new customers. Smiley Happy

wondering when will good plan for existing users.  

@Anonymous@Master2000  Thanks! Missed the last condition.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GinYVR wrote:

@Master2000Can you provide the source of your assertion? My understand is recurring bonuses stick with the user until the user choose to change the plan and as long as autopay is enabled (regardeless whether it is functioning or not).

Check the OP.

@Master2000Can you provide the source of your assertion? My understand is recurring bonuses stick with the user until the user choose to change the plan and as long as autopay is enabled (regardeless whether it is functioning or not).

@FrostyButters wrote:

That's a little dramatic. No one is "setting their hair" on fire or "stressing" about it.

People are just commenting on how they wish the offer was available for existing customers. PM does monitor the forums and has been good at listening to customer feedback.

If there is enough interest, PM may be inclined to offer this to existing customers.

And that’s a little UNDER dramatic representation of many of the comments. I Didn’t say everyone but many claim to be leaving PM for other competitors because PM doesn’t appreciate their loyalty amore. Lots of irrational things being discussed here. Thus my observation that some of the complaints are a little over the top.

The likelihood of PM making it a regular plan is fairly high which I pointed out. Interest is one thing, threats to leave over a simple weekend bonus is another.

Terry

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Be aware if you take this plan: If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion and the extras will be removed.

Better add enough money into your account (each month) before renew date in case AutoPay don’t work like it sometime does.

FrostyButters

@AE_Collector wrote:

Some over the top complaints here in my opinion.

Nothing unusual what-so-ever about new customer deals that existing customers can’t get. Sign up for TELUS TV and they deliver a new TV to you. Doing this sort of thing is quite universal. PM has done new customer promos that existing customers don’t get for as long as I have been here (Dec 2018). Sign up by xxxx and get a month of service free or Get $10/month credits for six months. The only difference with this is the -$5 and +500Mb lasts until you change to another plan.

Sure this $30 2Gb plan might be *perfect* for some customers with this modification to the existing $35 1.5Gb plan which had basically been obsolete until now because of the $25 1Gb plan and the $40 5Gb plan. All they have done is adjusted it to where it should be anyway on a regular basis anyway instead of deleting it. I bet that before long this pricing point just becomes a regular selectable plan on the list. And maybe a $35 fir 3 or 3.5 Gb plan as well.

Life is too too short to be setting your hair on fire over competitive things like this. I think PM has excellent pricing and treats it’s customers much better than most when considering their price points for cell plans. Many of you obviously have no ongoing loyalty, community or referral credits if you are going to toss that in a huff and port out and back just to score this plan that isn’t really any better deal per Gb than the other existing plans IMHO. Go to all the work of getting this plan and then 3 months from now you need more data, switch to $40/5Gb and all the benefits from the battle to get this particular plan are lost for good.

This is simply not worth the stress!

Terry

That's a little dramatic. No one is "setting their hair" on fire or "stressing" about it.

People are just commenting on how they wish the offer was available for existing customers. PM does monitor the forums and has been good at listening to customer feedback.

If there is enough interest, PM may be inclined to offer this to existing customers.

@heytimQualifies for autopay and also the $10 one time credit when you are referred by someone else who is already a Public Mobile user (just need their phone number).

robertmay

yes tomorrow will be chaos im sure

@heytim yea it's a good deal and if you hang out around here once in awhile and get a bravo even give a bravo you get even more it's great!!

@heytim wrote:

Does this plan still qualify for the $2 autopay reward? So with that as well, monthly cost would be $28/month?

All current plans qualify for autopay discount.  Even for past plans no longer offered to anyone but those who already have them, all except 10 day plans also qualify.

heytim

Does this plan still qualify for the $2 autopay reward? So with that as well, monthly cost would be $28/month?

@AE_Collector wrote:

I think the $10 new customer referral can take a couple of days to show up as well. 

Terry

Often next day but condition says 72h.

I think the $10 new customer referral can take a couple of days to show up as well. 

Terry

hotcoffe

Yeah hope so and i note $10 refer friend bonus is also not showing. I have already contact with the moderator team, Now i am just waiting for them so after all this sorted i can transfer my number from koodo.

Suspect it will be added within a few days. Quite often this sort of promo takes a few days to actually show up.

Need Help? Let's chat.