cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Until July 21st, get 2 GB of data for $30/mo!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective from now until July 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on the ready-made $35 1.5 GB plan can get $5/mo off and 500 MB of bonus data on a recurring basis.

Plan details:

•     30-day plan
  •     1 GB Data at 3G speed
  •     +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  •     Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  •     Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •     Voicemail and Call Display

What’s extra?

•     Save $5/mo (recurring)
  •     +Bonus 500 MB (recurring)

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select the plan “Special Offer! $35 for 1 GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps. The promotion will be applied automatically at the payment step. 

Here’s what else you should know:

•     Only the Ready-made $35/mo plan is eligible for this offer.
  •   Eligible customers will pay $30/mo at activation and as a monthly recurring charge - the $5/mo saving will not be a credit amount, the amount charged will be adjusted instead.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion and the extras will be removed.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

117 REPLIES 117

hotcoffe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I just get this plan from in-store with autopay but it's not showing autopay 500mb data in my account. 

Only show total 1500mb. 

So anyone experience same problem and how to solve?

@killer23d wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@ritsp wrote:

Iam an existing customer with $35 plan. Is the new offer applicable to me or to get this i i  to like disconnect buy new sim and become customer again?

@ritsp  signup as a new cudtomer and remove autopay and cc from yout old account and let it deactivate. Keep in mind that will also need a new email or email alias when signing up as a new user.

Can I port directly from PM to PM without porting out with like Bell? I can sign up as a new customer with a different email and can I port number directly from another PM account?

This plan is for my mother-in-law and she just need a little over 1GB.

Sorry, but a phone number cannot be moved from one Public Mobile account to another.

@killer23d  hi no sorry you can not port from pm to pm

killer23d
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@geopublic wrote:

@ritsp wrote:

Iam an existing customer with $35 plan. Is the new offer applicable to me or to get this i i  to like disconnect buy new sim and become customer again?

@ritsp  signup as a new cudtomer and remove autopay and cc from yout old account and let it deactivate. Keep in mind that will also need a new email or email alias when signing up as a new user.

Can I port directly from PM to PM without porting out with like Bell? I can sign up as a new customer with a different email and can I port number directly from another PM account?

This plan is for my mother-in-law and she just need a little over 1GB.

tonyottawa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Existing customer should be qualified as well .

@halifmike wrote:

So if I order a SIM card and it arrives after this sale is finished, I won't get the deal?

Service needs to be activated by end of tbe day.  You can't activate without knowing the numbers on the sim card. You would either have to purchase in-store or hope that someone has an extra one and willing to provide you that information and provide the physical sim card to you later.

@ritsp wrote:

ritsp

@funpig  Yes like I just mentioned in my last post, this simply brings the existing $35 plan into line with other PM plan pricing. Bumps 1.5 Gb to 2 Gb and cuts the $35 price to $30. Not a smoking deal unless 2Gb is *exactly where you need to be* at this moment in time. 

Terry

funpig
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just a thought, I would not be surprised if PM eventually extends this offer to existing customers.  The PM website seems to be overwhelmed and slowed down by activations lately.  I activated my Dad's account at a PM kiosk and left it to the rep to complete it because we had waited almost 30 minutes and it took them another hour to complete after i left.   I am guessing that the initial offer is just for new activations to keep the website traffic down and perhaps the offer will be extended to existing customers later, which may crash the system if there are lots of changes at the same time!

One last thought, I have read enough of these posts to know that any plan change runs the risk of causing problems with service.  So there better be a real smoking deal before I make the jump.  1GB for extra $5 is just not quite enough for me.

@funpig wrote:

It does seem silly for PM not to extend this offer to existing customers, especially when an existing customer could easily activate a new account and just port the existing number to the new account.

One downside of doing this would be losing any loyalty or referral credits on your old account and having to use a new email.  I have only been a PM customer for less than 3 weeks and i only have one referral to my Dad.  I guess my Dad could refer me to the new account and then he could get the $1 credit. 

The other downside is paying for a new sim.  However, my local PM kiosk was still giving away free sims on new activations.  Any ways, I would still get the $10 referral credit on the new account.

However, based upon my expected data usage, I am going to avoid the hassle, save $5 month and stay on my existing $25 1GB plan. I am going to wait for a much better deal than this one before I go through the trouble of a "new activation". 

It still would be much nicer if PM just allow existing customers to change to new plan without all the extra hoops.

@funpig You just described the perfect scenario of why PM is not offering this plan to existing customers. 🙂

funpig
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It does seem silly for PM not to extend this offer to existing customers, especially when an existing customer could easily activate a new account and just port the existing number to the new account.

One downside of doing this would be losing any loyalty or referral credits on your old account and having to use a new email.  I have only been a PM customer for less than 3 weeks and i only have one referral to my Dad.  I guess my Dad could refer me to the new account and then he could get the $1 credit. 

The other downside is paying for a new sim.  However, my local PM kiosk was still giving away free sims on new activations.  Any ways, I would still get the $10 referral credit on the new account.

However, based upon my expected data usage, I am going to avoid the hassle, save $5 month and stay on my existing $25 1GB plan. I am going to wait for a much better deal than this one before I go through the trouble of a "new activation". 

It still would be much nicer if PM just allow existing customers to change to new plan without all the extra hoops.

Some over the top complaints here in my opinion.

Nothing unusual what-so-ever about new customer deals that existing customers can’t get. Sign up for TELUS TV and they deliver a new TV to you. Doing this sort of thing is quite universal. PM has done new customer promos that existing customers don’t get for as long as I have been here (Dec 2018). Sign up by xxxx and get a month of service free or Get $10/month credits for six months. The only difference with this is the -$5 and +500Mb lasts until you change to another plan.

Sure this $30 2Gb plan might be *perfect* for some customers with this modification to the existing $35 1.5Gb plan which had basically been obsolete until now because of the $25 1Gb plan and the $40 5Gb plan. All they have done is adjusted it to where it should be anyway on a regular basis anyway instead of deleting it. I bet that before long this pricing point just becomes a regular selectable plan on the list. And maybe a $35 fir 3 or 3.5 Gb plan as well.

Life is too too short to be setting your hair on fire over competitive things like this. I think PM has excellent pricing and treats it’s customers much better than most when considering their price points for cell plans. Many of you obviously have no ongoing loyalty, community or referral credits if you are going to toss that in a huff and port out and back just to score this plan that isn’t really any better deal per Gb than the other existing plans IMHO. Go to all the work of getting this plan and then 3 months from now you need more data, switch to $40/5Gb and all the benefits from the battle to get this particular plan are lost for good.

This is simply not worth the stress!

Terry

@halifmike hi yea that seems to be the rule best to get 1 instore alot of times walmart give a free sim with activation 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrostyButters wrote:

This really should be availble to existing customers as well. I find 1 GB isn't quite enough data and the 5GB is overkill. $30 for 2GB is right in the sweet spot for me.

Anybody can become a new customer any time. Get a SIM, activate using a new unique email address, choose the promo. Done.

Then you need to decide what you want to do with the prior existing account.

FrostyButters

This really should be availble to existing customers as well. I find 1 GB isn't quite enough data and the 5GB is overkill. $30 for 2GB is right in the sweet spot for me.

shouan

I just get a SIM card and activitated in store.

The process is fast, cell call + SMS message works immediately.

BUT BUT the data is not working.

Googling find APN need to be set on phone !!!

So everyone if face same issue, need to set APN:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

for special phones, see:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

halifmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So if I order a SIM card and it arrives after this sale is finished, I won't get the deal?

@timothy929 wrote:

Just a heads up: I just registered for it and I got 1.5 GB NOT 2GB / $30

You don't say if you signed up as new customer to PM on this plan or switched to it as an existing customer. While I don't know for certain, I would suspect the additional .5 GB of data might  take a  day  or more to get added to the plan. If you are an existing customer it is interesting that you got the $30 rather than $35 pricing meaning existing customers can get half of this plans benefits.

I never received any referal bonuses when I signed up. I signed up on my own on a regular priced plan last year. As an existing member I would switch to this plan if it was available to all members and like many other existing customers in this thread I really feel left out.

sherr6

Anybody Else Annoyed With Promos For New Activations Only?

Looks like I'm not crazy after all! Lots of existing customers mad in here! 😆 

@timothy929 wrote:

It's supposed to be 2GB. If not and you have autopay enabled, this is something that Public Mobile is going to need to fix.

timothy929

@GinYVR wrote:

@XionBunnyActually you don't have to be a prime member to get next day shipping OR weekend delivery.. besides most locations that have a warehouse basically cover at least 70% of Canadian population, delivery is 36hours max.

You're right that you don't have to be a Prime member to get weekend delivery.

Canada Post sometimes delivers on weekends, especially during peak season.  However, while it isn't the norm, I've also had a package delivered by Canada Post on a Saturday when it wasn't any time near Christmas or Black Friday.

When it comes to Prime, I've loocked and unfortunatley,the earliest available guaranteed delivery date is Sunday, and there's charging Prime members an additional $6.99 for that in the Toronto area this weekend.  It's still wouldn't be 100% to be delivered on Sunday, but they'd refund the extra shipping fee if it's later than that. Either way, a Sunday siim card delviery wouldn'tt help for this promotion. 

It's not impossible to order these right now on Amazon and get it on Saturday (even if you're not a Prime member), but they won't promise it.

Unfortunately, same-day delivery has been taking 3 days this week in some cases because of Prime day backlog (but at least they tell you before finalizing the order), so I can't really see a sim card arriving this Saturday.

@XionBunnyActually you don't have to be a prime member to get next day shipping OR weekend delivery.. besides most locations that have a warehouse basically cover at least 70% of Canadian population, delivery is 36hours max.

XionBunny

if you're a Prime member, I am not.

@GinYVR wrote:

@XionBunnyAMZN delivers on weekends.. heck I found via my home CCTV they delivered my packages 5AM on a Sunday morning!

Who say life is every fair?

@XionBunnyAMZN delivers on weekends.. heck I found via my home CCTV they delivered my packages 5AM on a Sunday morning!

Who say life is every fair?

XionBunny

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@wchu wrote:

Exactly, I am thinking of doing this as well.

Do you need to be a non-PM customer for a X number of days before they consider you as a "new" customer?

No need to be a non-customer. You can have more than one account. Do you want to port out, port in?  You can port out in now and port in the same number in Saturday afternoon. No need to be gone long.

Not all of us can go out and get a sim that easily, some of us don't drive, and nothing on this planet delivers sims on the weekend, so getting out there to buy two sims in a 48-hour window isn't exactly easy. So I hate to be that guy and say it, but yes this promo isn't fair to current customers, especially those like me who activated a week prior to this type of promo, not that I feel entitled, I personally just wish I had of activated this weekend instead of last.

@wchu wrote:

Exactly, I am thinking of doing this as well.

Do you need to be a non-PM customer for a X number of days before they consider you as a "new" customer?

No need to be a non-customer. You can have more than one account. Do you want to port out, port in?  You can port out in now and port in the same number in Saturday afternoon. No need to be gone long.

XionBunny

now that plan would be perfect for me, arg I feel stupid for not waiting for this one.. figures this happens one week after I register...

Need Help? Let's chat.