cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: FLASH SALE! Until July 21st, get 2 GB of data for $30/mo!

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@wchu wrote:

Exactly, I am thinking of doing this as well.

Do you need to be a non-PM customer for a X number of days before they consider you as a "new" customer?

No need to be a non-customer. You can have more than one account. Do you want to port out, port in?  You can port out in now and port in the same number in Saturday afternoon. No need to be gone long.

Not all of us can go out and get a sim that easily, some of us don't drive, and nothing on this planet delivers sims on the weekend, so getting out there to buy two sims in a 48-hour window isn't exactly easy. So I hate to be that guy and say it, but yes this promo isn't fair to current customers, especially those like me who activated a week prior to this type of promo, not that I feel entitled, I personally just wish I had of activated this weekend instead of last.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@XionBunnyAMZN delivers on weekends.. heck I found via my home CCTV they delivered my packages 5AM on a Sunday morning!

Who say life is every fair?

if you're a Prime member, I am not.

@GinYVR wrote:

@XionBunnyAMZN delivers on weekends.. heck I found via my home CCTV they delivered my packages 5AM on a Sunday morning!

Who say life is every fair?

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@XionBunnyActually you don't have to be a prime member to get next day shipping OR weekend delivery.. besides most locations that have a warehouse basically cover at least 70% of Canadian population, delivery is 36hours max.

@GinYVR wrote:

@XionBunnyActually you don't have to be a prime member to get next day shipping OR weekend delivery.. besides most locations that have a warehouse basically cover at least 70% of Canadian population, delivery is 36hours max.

You're right that you don't have to be a Prime member to get weekend delivery.

Canada Post sometimes delivers on weekends, especially during peak season.  However, while it isn't the norm, I've also had a package delivered by Canada Post on a Saturday when it wasn't any time near Christmas or Black Friday.

When it comes to Prime, I've loocked and unfortunatley,the earliest available guaranteed delivery date is Sunday, and there's charging Prime members an additional $6.99 for that in the Toronto area this weekend.  It's still wouldn't be 100% to be delivered on Sunday, but they'd refund the extra shipping fee if it's later than that. Either way, a Sunday siim card delviery wouldn'tt help for this promotion. 

It's not impossible to order these right now on Amazon and get it on Saturday (even if you're not a Prime member), but they won't promise it.

Unfortunately, same-day delivery has been taking 3 days this week in some cases because of Prime day backlog (but at least they tell you before finalizing the order), so I can't really see a sim card arriving this Saturday.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just a heads up: I just registered for it and I got 1.5 GB NOT 2GB / $30

@timothy929 wrote:

It's supposed to be 2GB. If not and you have autopay enabled, this is something that Public Mobile is going to need to fix.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anybody Else Annoyed With Promos For New Activations Only?

Looks like I'm not crazy after all! Lots of existing customers mad in here! 😆 

Tags (1)
Mayor / Maire

I never received any referal bonuses when I signed up. I signed up on my own on a regular priced plan last year. As an existing member I would switch to this plan if it was available to all members and like many other existing customers in this thread I really feel left out.

@timothy929 wrote:

You don't say if you signed up as new customer to PM on this plan or switched to it as an existing customer. While I don't know for certain, I would suspect the additional .5 GB of data might  take a  day  or more to get added to the plan. If you are an existing customer it is interesting that you got the $30 rather than $35 pricing meaning existing customers can get half of this plans benefits.