Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until August 3rd at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store or visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by August 3, 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

83 REPLIES 83

PatB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It seems like I've joined Public Mobile at a great time! I received my sim card yesterday & decided to wait for the 1st. to activate it, so this was a nice surprise to find coming here this morning. 

I did use a referral code during the activation process & I've reviewed my account information to make sure that all is well there & it is. I don't see the $10.00 credit for the referral though & so I'm wondering if it's considered an "in-market promotion". In which case that makes sense as, "This (flash) offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions." 

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nice to see "sales" still during these times.  Wonder if there will be a back to school sales offer....

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Catherine_T 

I agree 2 GB for $30 is very appealing, I know PM appreciates feedback. Thank you 

Repost:

@Catherine_T 

Im taking a chance here....and going to post.....thank you for a normal flash sale promotion! We were long overdue and you have included the lower priced plans as well making it accessible to everyone! Now ill be busy all weekend trying to sign people up with all those cheap sim cards i kept ordering......

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey this is great I have a friend I was going to give my old phone to she could really use a cheap plan and this will make it even cheaper for her thanks a lot Catherine. Have a great long weekend!

sunflowershine

Great! Haven't had that kind of promotion for awhile.

I am signed up for Deal Alerts.......why didn’t I receive an email for this promo?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T 

Great promo

Thanks for including the cheapest plan in it, it really helps with people who'd like to try it before porting in

@BearFBI 

How far does 1gig take you?

Are you referring early or do you buy add-ons?

If you have double sim you could consider getting Fido or freedom data only. Fido gives 3 gigs for $15 and if you gave freedom in your area you can get 4 gigs for the same money. If you sunny call much and use fongo or TextNow on the side you could downgrade to $13 plan, so you would have 3.25 or 4.25 gigs for same money 

I'm absolutely positive it will be $30 eventually, then you could switch back (don't get the tablet, they offer it for free but you wound be locked for 2 years, you can score those save phablets they offer for about $100)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Great to see a promo out there again.  @Catherine_T  can the title be changed to your second 30 Day cycle.  We have enough people getting confused as to why their payment date isn't always the same

At least it's better than "next 30 days free". But I would replace month with just 30 days and not bother with cycle. What's a cycle? Is that a spin cycle? 🙂

Or perhaps "Get your first renewal FREE"...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Great to see a promo out there again.  @Catherine_T  can the title be changed to your second 30 Day cycle.  We have enough people getting confused as to why their payment date isn't always the same

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@derekscottmn wrote:

Ah man I just signed up like 10 days ago.  Anyways this can be retroactive?

Yeah I was the same 2 years ago. Signed up and then these sales went by in a week or so and I'm like hey!. I think there should be a 30 day price protection. Oh well.

To answer...no.

derekscottmn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ah man I just signed up like 10 days ago.  Anyways this can be retroactive?

Sweetl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This promotion is limited for time

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T That's a nice promo. Thanks, will inform some of my friends.

@esjliv wrote:

So if a new customer was going to sign up would they see this info. somewhere on the activation page? 

On the activation page, there wouldn't be any mention of this unless Public Mobile changed the listed plan details. However, someone on the activation page is signing up regardless and will get the promotion automatically as long as the promo's terms have been followed.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T wrote:

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until August 3rd at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store or visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by August 3, 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

Nice - thanks for the Announcement @Catherine_T !

So if a new customer was going to sign up would they see this info. somewhere on the activation page? 

@Catherine_T  with only 4 days to activate, to take advantage of this offer you would either have to already have a SIM or to buy one in-store. In the best of times, it takes approximately 5 business days for a sim ordered from the pm website,  or Amazon to arrive. Have a happy long weekend. Stay safe. 

BearFBI

@Luddite I could never leave Public. I would loose all my rewards and everything. Lucky is also a Bell company. I would much rather stick with public. But I'm always burning through my data on my 25$ 1GB plan. I am not willing to spend another 10$ for a 2GB plan. 

@BearFBI wrote:

@Catherine_T Great thanks ! It would've been nice to get the promo that Lucky customers are getting. The 30$ for 2GB. Getting your second month free is not much of an exciting sale compared to a total different plan.

Grrrrr. I guess we're never getting a 30$ 2GB plan. Or we will have to wait 2 years untill the CRTC forces all carriers to do it.

That's Lucky's weekend special. You could always port out to Lucky, then come back when there's at better offer at PM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Catherine_T FYI: this announcement does not show under Announcements on the landing page. Perhaps dump one of Tiana's if there is not enough room.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BearFBI

@Catherine_T Great thanks ! It would've been nice to get the promo that Lucky customers are getting. The 30$ for 2GB. Getting your second month free is not much of an exciting sale compared to a total different plan.

Grrrrr. I guess we're never getting a 30$ 2GB plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.