cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@totalUser That's the only problem with my phone. Its not dual SIM. I bought a top of the line Galaxy s10 and it dosent even come with Dual SIM. That's the only thing i hate about my phone.

Fido data only plans are hard to get without being a customer. Freedom is not in my area and Fongo is a good consideration. 1GB takes me to the end of the month but I really try to restrict my data usage. If I didn't it would last half a month.

21 REPLIES 21

zblackma

I prefer using a credit card. goes back into my purse afterwards. 

@BearFBI 

Yes but it is fido....lol!

BearFBI

@totalUser Hmm interesting. Yeah I saw its 4GB for 10$ for 2 years I think.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI 

Somebody mentioned that Fido note offers 4 gigs for$10, it's temporary promo.

I had no problem locating store that would get 1st time customer on that plan. It cannot be Walmart or some other mobile shop, it must be a Fido store and you should call and ask they will tell you if they are willing to do it, it was the second store I called.

I doubt I will ever again get a single sim card, even if everyone offers esim

@BearFBI 

As in how customers could wave their phone over the pos terminal to pay ....i didnt understand how that technology worked without a chip in a card for the terminal to read. Im old school i started  working before you even needed an authorization code and they just trusted card holders to sign the hard copy slip and pay their bill....a couple years later we had to call for an authorization code and after that they introduced the automatic imprinter that you put the hard copy and the credit card in to imprint and swipe the card so it would call for an authorization code that you had to write on the slip....now your phone pays your bill, starts your car and can almost drive you home if it was allowed!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI wrote:

@Anonymous Yeah I have. I prefer Google pay for NFC payments. If Google pay could support MST i probably would switch to using that in store. 

Ok good. I'm getting an "international" Samsung sometime too and wondered it it will work here.

BearFBI

@Anonymous Yeah I have. I prefer Google pay for NFC payments. If Google pay could support MST i probably would switch to using that in store. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI wrote:

@Anonymous Yes I've tried Google Pay. Google pay is great too. I use it for instant checkout online. The only problem with Google Pay is that you loose MST functionality. If i payed 1000$ for a phone I would like to use the included MST feature.

Have you used Google Pay for contactless purchasing?

I agree with buying a feature, you jolly well want it to work.

BearFBI

Grrrr. There's no quote button on my phone.

@darlicious I'm not sure. I dont think you can Remove it. You would have to install a custom ROM or Root it. 

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

"And youve explained how customers were able to for their bill with their phone at work if i still have a job to go back too?!!"

BearFBI

@Anonymous Yes I've tried Google Pay. Google pay is great too. I use it for instant checkout online. The only problem with Google Pay is that you loose MST functionality. If i payed 1000$ for a phone I would like to use the included MST feature.

@BearFBI 

Thanks ! Now i know samsung pay wont work (not that i wanted it too) maybe i can get it off my

phone?!!

And youve explained how customers were able to for their bill with their phone at work if i still have a job to go back too?!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI wrote:

@Anonymous I use MST pretty often. It works all the time. You just have to position the phone to the swipe card reader and it works instantly. Its really cool. The cashiers get so confused because their terminal dosent accept NFC

@BearFBI 

That's great. I really liked the idea too. I've waved the back of the phone up and down, back and forth, along the side, along the top...never got a connection. I kinda doubt the cheap plastic case would block it but maybe I should try that. It's partly why I went to Google Pay after I figured out Tasker to turn on the NFC.

Although turns out I've decided on another Samsung product. Another so-called international version that apparently has NFC. We'll see if it works with either Pay. Maybe it'll arrive in the mail sometime in 2022.

A little discouraging that your Samsung Pay doesn't work. Have you tried Google Pay?

BearFBI

@darlicious Well my warranty is already up. It finished about a 2 weeks ago. 

The problem with Samsung Pay is that it won't work in Canada because its an international model. You wouldn't be able to link a card and use it to pay. Its weird.

@Anonymous I use MST pretty often. It works all the time. You just have to position the phone to the swipe card reader and it works instantly. Its really cool. The cashiers get so confused because their terminal dosent accept NFC

Apparently MST is more secure than paying with an actual card. It uses Magnetic waves to trick the card reader that it senses an actual card.

It stands for Magnetic Secure Transaction.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@BearFBI 

I would test out my samsung pay for you if i wasnt so paranoid about having anything financial tied to my phone.

Did the cat get neutered?

But you have Koho. I use Samsung Pay and Google Pay with my Koho. What I like about it is that the only loss would be what's on the card.

@BearFBI 

I would test out my samsung pay for you if i wasnt so paranoid about having anything financial tied to my phone.

@BearFBI 

Not that ive needed my warranty and even my extended warranty is probably already done with or has less than six months left on it.....for the price you pay for a samsung phone you shouldnt have any warranty issues.

I dont pay anything with my phone but the samsung pay app that came with my phone sure woukd like me to use it. What issues are you referring to in that regard?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI wrote:

@Anonymous Yeah but Samsung pay dosen't just use NFC... 

Samsung Pay uses MST. It is some sort of technology that can work at any payment terminal that has a swipe card feature. The payment terminal dosent even have to support NFC. I believe this is on the Galaxy s7 and up.

I have an S7. I would get a bit excited to find a retailer that didn't do contactless (although in this day and age...) and try it out. I have yet to find a terminal that worked. I suppose there's a remote possibility that the clear plastic case I have on the back might interfere but I doubt it.

Have you had any luck?

BearFBI

@Anonymous Yeah but Samsung pay dosen't just use NFC... 

Samsung Pay uses MST. It is some sort of technology that can work at any payment terminal that has a swipe card feature. The payment terminal dosent even have to support NFC. I believe this is on the Galaxy s7 and up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI wrote:

@darlicious I believe the international version of my phone supports dual SIM. Its kinda annoying how Samsung varies by region. Also buying an international Samsung phone vs North American is different. They got different processors and Samsung pay won't work in North America. Also warranty is non existent.

I agree with the hassle of the variations.

But Google Pay is just as good as Samsung Pay.

I configured Tasker to turn on NFC when Google Pay is launched. The gesture/keystrokes are fewer than with Samsung Pay.

BearFBI

@darlicious I believe the international version of my phone supports dual SIM. Its kinda annoying how Samsung varies by region. Also buying an international Samsung phone vs North American is different. They got different processors and Samsung pay won't work in North America. Also warranty is non existent.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Edit: Original message edited by author for relevance due to move from original thread.

@BearFBI 

When you bought your phone you should have searched out a retailer (usually a small business) that sell international versions of your phone. It would then come a dual sim. Unfortunately most north american versions only feature single sim/+usb in their selection. In vancouver i can recommend a local small business that offers international models on a select few samsung phones. My samsung galaxy A3 is the UAE version.

Need Help? Let's chat.