cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate online

It did not accept email address with dots like name.lastname@gmail.com. Asked to pease provide valid email address. I took out dot, as this supposed to work without dot as well. It accepted it, but I did not get any emails after about 5 minutes. Am I supposed to?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kmartynov wrote:

It did not accept email address with dots like name.lastname@gmail.com. Asked to pease provide valid email address. I took out dot, as this supposed to work without dot as well. It accepted it, but I did not get any emails after about 5 minutes. Am I supposed to?

Thanks.

I tried it with a dot in there to a gmail account and it did work. You get the following message on the page once it is sent.

Maybe try clearing  your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

sale.jpg

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

With this promo in the past, once you get the credit $$ in your account it covers whatever your ongoing costs are in future months. Thus, signing up for the $50 plan and then Scheduling a change to the $15 plan for your first renewal will give you the second, third and forth 30 day periods for free with change left over.

However, if you really only need the $15 plan, signing up on the $50 plan is paying $35 too much initially to get the next three renewals for free so there still isn’t a big windfall doing this.

AE_Collector

Highlighted

Thanks for quick reply. Strange. It worked on second attempt when I typed email address in instead of copy/paste. So, no email message to this address is expected, just screen refresh. I can just go ahead and create account, activate, port number etc etc.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kmartynov 

You can't copy and paste or use the autofill. You have to type in each character of your email address independently. Similar to earning community rewards. If your community profile email doesnt match your self serve account email exactly you don't get any community rewards you may earn.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I'll say this again:  While a free 30 days will certainly be appreciated by those who sign up, good price plans are far more important than any short term promotions or temporary discounts.  Public Mobile's plans have been lagging behind. Unfortunately, these types of promotions also encourage short term customers, many of whom will switch as soon as a competitor offers this same thing in a few months.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Auto fill will also not work, but if you erase and type last character it w work

@kmartynov my existence is that you may get an email later or not at all, and in one case when I didn't use it though I had intended originally and subscribed, I received a reminder couple of days before. I was able to subscribe the same email next time.

I would suggest you take the screenshots of email address being entered and success page, just in case you need to contact mods later

Highlighted

I agree. However, I am signing my daughter up to PM as FIDO just charged us extra $20 for extra minutes she talked during work week hours. Total bill was $50+tax for plan with ZERO data. I just don't want to deal with any extra charges anymore and $25 with PM will give her unlimited talk/text plus some data, plus $1 discount on my plan as referral.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector wrote:

With this promo in the past, once you get the credit $$ in your account it covers whatever your ongoing costs are in future months. Thus, signing up for the $50 plan and then Scheduling a change to the $15 plan for your first renewal will give you the second, third and forth 30 day periods for free with change left over.

However, if you really only need the $15 plan, signing up on the $50 plan is paying $35 too much initially to get the next three renewals for free so there still isn’t a big windfall doing this.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector Good to know that the credit is truly the price plan that you originally sign up with and it could leave you with ongoing credits for future months.  I know someone that may consider this but doesn't actually know how much data they want or will use.  So they want to try the $25 plan but if the 1 GB is not needed then they would drop to the $15 plan for 250 mb.  So it's a different reason behind this thought.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good deal. thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.