cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days FREE when you activate!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until December 16th at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your next 30 days free when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $25/mo or higher plan by December 16, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 6 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 6 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- Public Mobile Community Team

98 REPLIES 98

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Awesome promo, and thanks for providing that level of detail @Tiana_V 

@dboxtvinfo715  Let me do the math for you but I'll send it to you in your private messages. Check the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen.  Tap on it if you see a number. This is also how moderators contact you.

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

yeah, I agree

we have options 

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

Yes,  I like the promo, I am on my 3rd sim activation 15plan, now looking for 50 bonus plan possibility for this flash sal e

Activating on the $50 plan will give you 8.5 5gb of data  and calling to the US. Do you plan on staying on it or downgrading after the first month? If so to the $25?

dboxtvinfo715

IPTV,   streaming

skips

dboxtvinfo715

yes

tyedye00
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Looking forward to helping out the future community members!

dboxtvinfo715

Yes,  I like the promo, I am on my 3rd sim activation 15plan, now looking for 50 bonus plan possibility for this flash sal e

@dboxtvinfo715  With this promotion it doesnt make much difference which one you choose they all average out the same you just get more data to use in the first month and pay more upfront. You are probably fine with just activating on the $25. Who have you already activated and whose left? So we can maximize your credits and savings!

dboxtvinfo715

yes, today I will aactivate, 50 plan,where do I start for 50 bonus? 

dboxtvinfo715

....also, I did not get first 10 bonus because I didn't refer anyone and in addon free minutes 400 and data 1gb merry Christmas 

dboxtvinfo715

Are you referring too the 3 month packaging? 

Its still good plan 15 dollars for my parents who receive calls.

for myself the 25 plan maybe needed for the 1gb option, 

@dboxtvinfo715  @computergeek541 @Anonymous @Korth  OMG!! Promo math....harder than toilet paper math or vodka math but basically works out that the more you lay out up front the bigger benefit you enjoy....a larger data plan to begin with and a longer service before a payment is required and ultimately the same averaged bill per month. Here it is all based on downgrading your plan to the $15 on your second month.....

$25 plan: (1st month) $25 credit+$10 referral+$4(2×$2 a/p)=$39-$15 (2nd month)=$24+$2(a/p)=

$26'-$15 (3rd month)=$11+$2 (a/p)=$13-$15 (4th month)=(-$2) $25+$2=$27+tax for 4 months

$40plan (1st month)=$40+$10+$4=$54-$15 (2nd month)=$39+$2=$41-$15 (3rd month)=$26+$2=

$28-$15 (4th month)=$13+$2=$15-$15 (5th month)=$0 $40+tax for 5 months

$50 plan (1st month) $50+$10+$4=$64-$15 (2nd month)=$49+$2=$51-$15 (3rd month)=$36+$2=

$38-$15 (4th month)=$23+$2=$25-$15 (5th month)=$10+$2=$12-$15 (6th month)= (-$3)   $50+$3=$53+tax for 6 months

$25 plan for 4 months $27 ($6.75p/m) or $53 ($27+$26) for 6 months ($8.83 p/m) 1gb data

$40 plan for 5 months $40 ($8.00p/m) or $53 ($40+$13) for 6 months($8.83 p/m) 5gb data

$50 plan for 6 months $53 ($8.83p/m) 8.5gb data (data amt in 1st month only difference)

Conclusion: The more you pay upfront the longer service before a payment is required and the larger amount of plan data for the 1st month otherwise 6 months of service averages out the same

dboxtvinfo715

add on bonus for free.

1gb

400 min call

The most extreme example would be signing up for $50 plan, then getting +$50 credit, then selecting $15 plan (on renewal)... in effect paying $50 to get 4 months of service (plus $5 credit, plus enjoying lots of data/etc on first month)... even without the AutoPay discount. 

Some people might do this - and claim the free gifts, and maybe even score another ten bucks as a referral (then apply it towards yet another month of "free" service). Quite the amazing promo cluster for them! 

But at least they'd be Public Mobile customers for a minimum 4-5 months, lol, that's apparently worth something. And - who knows? - maybe they'd bring in their own referrals and become worthy members of the PM Community while always striving to score some more cheap/free phone service, maybe they'd become invested enough in their Rewards to effectively become loyal PM customers (then get Loyalty Rewards, lol, then upgrade their Plans). Seems like a good long-term gain for PM to me unless competitors do something even more dramatically cheap to bring the mercenaries away. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

can I use my credit balance?

I will activate a third sim tomorrow 

No.

Don't forget to give yourself a referral. Don't forget the $2 initial autopay with a payment card. Some have said the mods will transfer funds from one account to another but I've never heard of it during activation.

dboxtvinfo715

can I use my credit balance?

I will activate a third sim tomorrow 

@AE_Collector wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

If you activated on a $25 or higher plan on Friday Dec 13 you will get the second month free automatically. The promo runs from Dec 13 through Dec 16. If you activated on the $15 plan it isn't really worth paying an extra $10 to get just $15 credit back and then have to change plans 30 days later, is it? I know, $5 but doesn't seem worth the hassle to save $5 to me.

AE_Collector

Someone who really wants a $15 plan but who activates a $25 for the free account credit would actually being paying $10 more for a $25 credit. Someone would be gaining $15 by doing that, while being able to use the extra features incldued in the $25 plan for the first 30 days.

@dboxtvinfo715 

If you activated on a $25 or higher plan on Friday Dec 13 you will get the second month free automatically. The promo runs from Dec 13 through Dec 16. If you activated on the $15 plan it isn't really worth paying an extra $10 to get just $15 credit back and then have to change plans 30 days later, is it? I know, $5 but doesn't seem worth the hassle to save $5 to me.

<edit> @computergeek541  pointed out my math error, $15 not $5 savings.

AE_Collector

dboxtvinfo715

no transfer? I activated without seeing this offer, dec 13

danijel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile does not offer or have home internet, what you can do is turn on your phone's hotspot function ON, then you connect to it from your laptop or tablet on the "WIFI connection. 

mnozahy

Perks are just getting better and better

@AE_Collector  @danielj  You can sign up for email alerts on pms plans page. Scroll down til you see sign up for deal alerts.

@danielj 

I think there is somewhere that you have to opt in to receive promotional emails.

AE_Collector

stevenhayward

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AE_Collector wrote:

@danielj 

I receive an email from PM for every new promotion. These are easily forwarded or I take a screen shot to distribute by other methods.

As for existing customers being able to get New Customer Promos, it never works that way from any company. PM gets closer to this than any company I know by giving away gifts of data and Long Distance calling minutes. If a New Customer Promo is really a good deal then the company must be losing money on the New Customer for that period of time. Multiply that by "everyone", every time there is a New Customer Promo and IMHO this company or division is no longer viable. New Customer Promos help existing customers get referrals to keep their bill down.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector 

I have not received emails from Public Mobile (PM) for any of the new promotions. Only emails about updates on message boards threat, once in a while a text about potential gifts or other things along those lines. Emails from PM promoting the new promotions is what pretty much what I am looking for.

I and the majority of people here understand why the best promotional plans are offered to new customers. That was not the main point but looking for those emails to be able to forward.

But the free gift thing and promotional plans for new customer is contrary to PM original market position of less for less. PM originally were to target the no frills customers with overall better prices. PM giving existing customer a gig a data to customer once or twice a year that the customer may or may not use is not the same as just offering them lower prices.

@umar1234 wrote:

And double referral bonus ie  $20 from time to time. 

Currently it is more than "double referral bonus of $20". The person doing the referral doesn't usually get any cash bonus beyond the usual $1/month. A month or two ago they did the reverse, an extra $10 to both parties making the new customers referral bonus $20 total and the person doing the referral got $10. A year ago thorough this past spring the referral bonus promotions were $25 to each person rather that the normal $10 to the referred person. So, this cash has shrunk a bit but it is good to have it back even at a bit lower amounts.

AE_Collector

umar1234

They are good with existing  customers  too. Currently  they are giving 1gb plus 400 int minutes  to both new and old  customers.  And double referral bonus ie  $20 from time to time. 

umar1234

We have to pay for first month ($25 or higher plan) and then will get credit  for next month equal  to we paid for first  month and it took few days.

Sheenau

Great!

Need Help? Let's chat.