cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your next 30 days FREE when you activate!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until December 16th at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your next 30 days free when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $25/mo or higher plan by December 16, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 6 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 6 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- Public Mobile Community Team

98 REPLIES 98

@Taruney wrote:

I just signed up at public mobile on Dec 15. I still do not see anywhere in my account that my first month fee will be $0 I did everything on the list as well

First month is never free. Annoucement says 6 business day wait for the credit.

Taruney
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up at public mobile on Dec 15. I still do not see anywhere in my account that my first month fee will be $0 I did everything on the list as well

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great deal ! Thanks PM.

@SomeFriend  You should have activated on the black friday deal which included the free SIM card and was available on the lowest cost plan ($15). Averaged over a year and taking in all the promos and auto pay it averaged out to $8.67 per month. The current promotion activated on the $25 plan and switched to the $15 on the next renewal w/ autopay and by adding an extra $2 to the account would cost $27+tax for 4 months service. The fifth month would be $13 and you would also receive the holiday 1gb data and 400 international minutes add ons.

If you live in Vancouver I know of one small retailer that always offers a free sim with in store activation.....go mobile repair...on Broadway near cambie. Closed Sunday's open Monday.

BDW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great promotions!!!!

@jzdst wrote:

Does the Public Moblie offer the home internet service/production?

You could use your Public Mobile connection however you wish, but the limiting factor is going to be the amount of included data. Public Mobile has never offered more than 12.5GB over a 30 day billing cycle.

@MPuser wrote:

If I activate with a given (temporary number) and ensure my service is working correctly, then (within the same week) choose to port over my existing number from my previous service, will the discount still apply with no additional actions?

You can change your number or a port a number in at any time. It won't make any difference.

MPuser

If I activate with a given (temporary number) and ensure my service is working correctly, then (within the same week) choose to port over my existing number from my previous service, will the discount still apply with no additional actions?

@danielj 

I receive an email from PM for every new promotion. These are easily forwarded or I take a screen shot to distribute by other methods.

As for existing customers being able to get New Customer Promos, it never works that way from any company. PM gets closer to this than any company I know by giving away gifts of data and Long Distance calling minutes. If a New Customer Promo is really a good deal then the company must be losing money on the New Customer for that period of time. Multiply that by "everyone", every time there is a New Customer Promo and IMHO this company or division is no longer viable. New Customer Promos help existing customers get referrals to keep their bill down.

AE_Collector

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As an existing customer it is a little disappointing that these flash sales are for new customers. But it is somewhat understandable. I do wish that there would be a bit more shareability so that existing customer could share the link as a way of referring new customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jzdst wrote:

Not sure what you mean by production but no they don't. You can always hotspot off your phone though.

jzdst
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

LarysaKhvostova

It was nice to have!

@Korth wrote:

@sunflowershine wrote:

FREE SIM card will be attractive... Not for this time.

lol ... SIM card costs ten bucks ... month of service costs $25 or more ... I know which one of the two I'd rather get free. 

Take both if store will give you the sim.

@sunflowershine wrote:

lol ... SIM card costs ten bucks ... month of service costs $25 or more ... I know which one of the two I'd rather get free. 

@sunflowershine wrote:

It's possible if the store is offering with activation.

@sunflowershine 

Always worth asking a dealer or two if they give a free SIM when you activate through them. Quite often they will as they get a kick back for setting up a new customer. 

AE_Collector

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

umar1234

Agree saying monthly plan is much easier then saying  30 days plan. 

umar1234

Nice offer. 

swimswam

Just signed up!

mrfay

I just activated on a $25/mo plan yesterday! 😭😭😭

I should have activated it today.

Anyway, this is a good deal though and PM has  improved so much this year, especially for solving the problems by the Mod Team!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

This is good.  Past flash sales required getting more expensive plans.  

This is true when compared to some sales.  Two weeks ago, this offer was for activation of any plan.  This time, it's for a $25 or higher plan.

@computergeek541 

My thought exactly. I actuate have two good prospects but they would like the deal my cousin got at the end of November ( free sim+ free cycle+ referral). Im not getting referrals, she is which still makes me happy. 

@SomeFriend wrote:

Was hoping to activate a plan for a senior.  Been also waiting for the $10 plan to come back, really need it!

$10 Plan is gone. But $15 Plan isn't that much more - especially with AutoPay, maybe a Referral or two, and eventually some Loyalty reward. Budget can be tight, but the price difference here is less than buying lunch.

jros2978

I agree!!!

jros2978

that is a sweet deal rite on

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No free SIM card?  😞

Was hoping to activate a plan for a senior.  Been also waiting for the $10 plan to come back, really need it!

@maheshboloor wrote:

@AE_Collector I always wondered, implementing a 'monthly' cycle like other carriers isn't tht tough and yet PM doesnt' wanna do it. Its way easier to remember the day of the month is goin to renew then figuring out the 30 the day. 

All true though all Prepaid plans seem to work that way, even in the US. No idea about in other countries around the world. It somewhat makes sense when you consider buying a voucher which may not be to add another "month" (there, did it again) but maybe is just the purchase of 30 days of use. Seems a bit problematic that this would provide a different number of days of use depending on what month and day you activate it.

AE_Collector

Bubbly100
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Awesome promo!

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Awesome stuff Public Mobile! Smiley Very Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.