cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! From November 23 to 25 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective November 23, 2018 until November 25, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store at a participating retailer on a 30-day plan from November 23 to November 25, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 5 days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 5 days of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

98 REPLIES 98

JCSCS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just an update for anyone else who may not have received their credit: the moderators rock and fixed everything promptly! It turns out that the store did something incorrectly when they activated my account so Public Mobile didn’t see it as an in-store activation, but rather an online activation. But the moderators took care of it and all’s good with my account now 🙂 Hopefully this helps someone else who may be experiencing similar issues. Make sure you hold onto your store invoice!

JCSCS

Thanks, I'll contact the moderators. My credit card was never charged for the SIM so at least that part of the transaction worked well 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JCSCS wrote:

Thanks, I did that, and my available funds are $2 because I signed up for AutoPay. My account was not credited, and I was wondering if other people's were. If no-one's account was credited yet, that means they're just slow to do it, but if other people's were, then there must be an issue with my account...

Good. Sorry. It wasn't exactly clear which account you were referring to. You might have meant your credit card thinking that the credit would come to your credit card.

Did you pay for the SIM? That was supposed to be free too. And that was November 23rd right?

It would normally take upwards to 3 days for credits to appear. Now we're over a week. So I guess you should send a private message to the moderators to get it cleared up.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

JCSCS

Thanks, I did that, and my available funds are $2 because I signed up for AutoPay. My account was not credited, and I was wondering if other people's were. If no-one's account was credited yet, that means they're just slow to do it, but if other people's were, then there must be an issue with my account...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JCSCS wrote:

Did people who signed up using this deal get their first month credit in their account yet?

I signed up on Black Friday in a store, my credit card was charged, but I still don't see the credit in my account. I was wondering if they were slow to process it or if something went wrong with my account and I should escalate. Thanks!

Log in to your self-serve here and look at the number next to Available Funds. It should have at least the value of the plan you chose. That is how the credit is delivered.

JCSCS

Did people who signed up using this deal get their first month credit in their account yet?

I signed up on Black Friday in a store, my credit card was charged, but I still don't see the credit in my account. I was wondering if they were slow to process it or if something went wrong with my account and I should escalate. Thanks!

Shane8006
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah I tried to set it up online and had to go in store to do it. Because my debit/visa wouldnt work. So maybe jus take a visit to walmart. Only took me about 5 mins to have it all done.

helpplease

Thanks I tried that it doesn’t want to accept my cc and says unable to process. The bank says there’s an issue with their site. 

Shane8006

Oh okay that makes sense. Thank you very much.

Carld123

If you signed up during the promo and were charged for it , send a private message to the moderators,explain your situation.Be sure to include all your account details including pin etc..

Osonocanada

How could I get my SIM card money back when I brought my SIM card in Walmart and the Walmart sales did not tell me anything about this special sales? 

Carld123

@Shane8006

And the 10$ is probably the bonus for being referred to Pm..

@Shane8006, it will take up to 72 hours to see the credit for the $25 plan. 

Shane8006

Just signed up on saturday it says there is a promo where you get the sim card free. And you get your next months bill free (credited to you). The plan I chose was the $25 unlimited texting and unlimited provincial calling. But the credit ive recieved was $10. Not mad or anything just curious how this works

JFF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@GinaL wrote:

The $40 plan for the sale is great but when you go to order your sim card online it tells you that the you can only pick your plan when you receive your sim card and go to activate it. The sale ends today ? They should honour the online sim purchases for the sale plans ?

@GinaL No, they don't honour the online order. They said they would not know if and when you will activate the SIM. Otherwise, one can purchase a SIM card when promotion is not available. Then activate it as soon as free SIM card is offered to get $10  credit.

TK123

@helpplease wrote:

Hi there, im new to public mobile as of today!  I just signed up in store however the website has an issue processing my visa credit card.  So I came home to call my bank thinking it was an error on my end however everything has been verified by my bank and my card is in good standing. They couldnt help me in-store either since they have to go through the website to update billing info.   Can anyone at Public Mobile help me out! I need to add in a credit card for auto-pay so that my account stays in good standing. Please advise.  Here's the error message in a grey box im receiving: "Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

Ensure that your Public Mobile "Name" and "Address" are EXACTLY the same as your credit card bill - Don't use a space between the 3rd and 4th character on your postal code and Don't use the Apartment field on Public Mobile. Put it in the address field.

JFF

@lizastella wrote:

I signed up for this same promotion Oct 27th.

I have not received a credit for my next 30 days of service.

What is the issue.

Thank you.

@lizastella You'll have to write a private message to the moderator (not here), giving all your account info. They will credit you back soon. 

JFF

@helpplease wrote:

Hi there, im new to public mobile as of today!  I just signed up in store however the website has an issue processing my visa credit card.  So I came home to call my bank thinking it was an error on my end however everything has been verified by my bank and my card is in good standing. They couldnt help me in-store either since they have to go through the website to update billing info.   Can anyone at Public Mobile help me out! I need to add in a credit card for auto-pay so that my account stays in good standing. Please advise.  Here's the error message in a grey box im receiving: "Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

@helpplease Sign up an account online. Go to "payment", and you can make one time payment and set up auto pay there. 

helpplease

@GinaL wrote:

The $40 plan for the sale is great but when you go to order your sim card online it tells you that the you can only pick your plan when you receive your sim card and go to activate it. The sale ends today ? They should honour the online sim purchases for the sale plans ?

@GinaL  As the title says this promo is for in-store activations. You have to go to a Walmart, WOW, TMS, London Drugs or K-mobile store and have the clerk activate your account then and there to be eligible for the free SIM and free second month promo.

If you order a SIM online you can take advantage of the $25/$25 referral bonus until December 16. You will need an existing Public Mobile user's phone number at the time of sign-up at home ("online activation").

@GinaL

Unfortunately, this weekend promotion is only for in store SIM activations. 

If you live near one of the vendors, you can go to that store to let them activate for you.  If not, you are out of luck unfortunately....

GinaL

Carld123

@lizastella

You should send a private message to a moderator and explain the situation...chances are you wont get a reply before your renewal date but best to send asap

Carld123

Make sure you use a referral if you have one for the online setup..so you get yourself a bonus..

bushman

Hi friends,

I went back to Walmart since it’s the last day of deal. They ended up saying the same that they didn’t get any memo or don’t have the option to give me the deal. 

So, I just bought the sim and came back. I’m gonna try to activate it right now on my own and see how it goes. 

lizastella

I signed up for this same promotion last month at WOW.

No credit has been put on my account and it is now one day until my seciond month begins.

Can you please look into this.

lizastella

I signed up for the 30 day plan.

TK123

@lizastella wrote:

What is the issue.

Thank you.

Did you sign up for a 30 day or 90 day plan?  The promo is for 30 day plans only.

lizastella

What is the issue.

Thank you.

ritsp

Thanks for your prompt reply 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.