cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended for Cyber Monday - Get 20GB data for only $35 for 15 months!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting Tuesday, November 22, customers can get an additional 20GB of data for $35 a month for 15 months* For a limited time, save $20 a month on our $55 plan for 15 months* using the promo code: 20OFFMONTHLY

This offer is available to new customers who activate online. Offer ends today. Rules and conditions may apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

• Submit your email address here
  • Activate and select the 20GB for $55/month plan to receive a $20 credit for 15 months*

Offer Details: 

• Activate on the 20GB for $55/month plan using the promo code: 20OFFMONTHLY and For a limited time, receive a $20 credit for 15 months.   
  • Credit will drop off on month 16 or if the customer initiates a rate plan change, whichever is earlier.
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 5 to 10 business days. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

135 REPLIES 135

Bin2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

20OFFMONTHLY code expired.  Too bad.  

H0P

It is still available to current customers and probably available for new activations as well but I cannot confirm for the latter. You should contact Public Mobile Customer Support for clarification and whether they will honor the plan change to this promo, as the 'official' offer period has ended, but the self-serve is still accepting the code, at least I can confirm for current customers.

@Brilliance wrote:

I have more SIM Cards than you could desire, I'm wanting to know when the deal ends so I can tell the people on referring when they can get it until. 

I have the plan myself. 

Unfortunately noone knows "for sure" when it will end... so all we can say is "it could be any time"

Glally

@Brilliance not sure, but as I said if you can go too your nearest Telus or Koodo store, see if they sellPublic Mobile sim cards and sign up for either the the $40 15 gig plans or $45 20 gig plan as soon as possible would be the best option if you want one of those plans.

SIM cards $6.99 + free shipping from CanadianCellSupplies:

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/multi-sim-card-for-standard-mi...

(cheaper if you buy 10+ 😁)

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@Armondo1411 

How close are you to the big nickel? I believe @BearFBI is in your vicinity.....maybe he can help out? Surprisingly similar names too?

Born and raised in Sudbury. 

Similar names, weird... 

Davidolivia

Try to see if u can get the 4g 20gb for 35$(was 55$)20offpromo entered.

It worked for me.

@Davidolivia- Walmart no longer sells Public sims.

Davidolivia

I changed mine on 27th to the 35$ for 20gb.

I also had mixed info on the $55 plan for $35 20offpromo. A few people said they got it...

I have been with pm for 3 years. Decided to give it a shot, and so far so i seem to have gotten the $35 deal. It showed the discount at purchase. Very happy.

One thing to note, I did not schedule a change of plan at the end of my payment period, as then i would fall outside of the deal, i did the immediate change. Not sure if that mattered.

I was about to switch from pm simply based on that.

I hate when long term people have the worst more expensive plans than new people.

Davidolivia

Walmart is a good place to get immediate sim card w no waiting for delivery, especially if your trying to catch a deal that expires quickly... most ppl r close enough to Walmart 

Davidolivia

I also had mixed info on the $55 plan for $35 20offpromo. A few people said they got it...

I have been with pm for 3 years. Decided to give it a shot, and so far so i seem to have gotten the $35 deal. Very happy.

One thing to note, I did not schedule a change of plan at the end of my payment period, as then i would fall outside of the deal, i did the immediate change. Not sure if that mattered.

I was about to switch simply based on that.

I hate when long term people have the worst more expensive plans than new people.

@mariawilkerson wrote:

SIM cards are now only sold through Public Mobile

CanadianCellSupplies is selling them again:

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/multi-sim-card-for-standard-mi...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Armondo1411 

You will qualify for one $25 ($5×5 months) bonus referral credit as the newly referred customer and the regular $10 bonus referral credit. Then when you refer someone you will also qualify for another bonus $25 ($5×5 month) referral credit as the referrer and also earn the 1pt/30 days reward. There is usually only one bonus credit per referrer per promotion. So if you have 2 more friend/family members to activate you should give your first referral the opportunity to refer the second activation with their referral code so they can double up as well ($25+$25) because you cannot triple up....you will only earn the extra 1pt/30 day referral reward.

Armondo1411

@darlicious  

that is about 4 hours south west of me. I was able to work something out with somebody and got 1 activated. Needing 2 more, but will wait for my ordered SIMS to come in that way I still get some referral rewards, and see if I can get the deal still 🤞🏻🤞🏻

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Armondo1411 

How close are you to the big nickel? I believe @BearFBI is in your vicinity.....maybe he can help out? Surprisingly similar names too?

@Donnagoudie 

Your $$ rewards are safe as long as you don't switch to points.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@b52 

Chat was wrong....not surprisingly....you won't see the current plan you are on available to schedule a plan change and apply the promocode. You will have to ask customer support if they are willing to apply the promocode to your plan. Anyone on the $55 plan will have this issue unless the current $55/20gb plan was coded separately from the $55/20gb student plan that expired October 4th.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Whydidiswitch 

Log into your account using secret/ incognito mode and check your transaction history. Do you see a $20 credit? If not contact customer support in the morning and ask for it to be applied. Check your upcoming bill payment do you see the $20 off discount promotion applied? Do you see the $20 off promo under your plan details on your plans and add ons page? If not then maybe the promocode did not apply properly at activation and you will have to ask customer support to actually apply the promocode rather than just the $20 credit.**

Offer Details: 

• Activate on the 20GB for $55/month plan using the promo code: 20OFFMONTHLY and For a limited time, receive a $20 credit for 15 months.   
  • Credit will drop off on month 16 or if the customer initiates a rate plan change, whichever is earlier.
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied.** 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.

**This is typical poor wording by pm....they mean 2 business days to apply the promotional $20 discount since the plan has 20gb of plan data already. After the $20 credit is applied the $20 credit discount will be applied upon renewal before your plan payment is debited from your available funds or charged to your payment card registered for "autopay". 

Whydidiswitch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up online on Nov 25 and applied the promo code. Got my first bill via email and was billed full $55 with no discount. Not impressed. 

@J_PM 

is this deal still ONLY for new activation?  There has been mixed information that this deal might have extended to existing customer, and the truth is that some exiting customers are able to change to this plan and got the $20 discount.  Can you confirm this is not a system glitch?  In case it is really a glitch, is PM going to honour the deal for those who already made the change?

Disclaimer, I am just asking this for everyone.  I didn't try and not planning to try change to this plan to take advantage of the promotion.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Armondo1411 

I have a new PM SIM card to help you activate your plan ASAP.

Send me a private message on this forum if interested. .  

b52

I currently have the $55/20 plan. I was told by chat that I could log into my account and go to addons and select the $55/20 plan and put in the code to get it for $35 for 15 months but it was not in the list. The closest plan that was offered was $45/20. I'm in Alberta.

Donnagoudie

Is this deal for as long as I’m with Public? I’m an existing customer and I opted to stay with the dollar discounts rather than go with the points rewards…will this stay the same?

Armondo1411

@darlicious I am located in Northern Ontario. Closest Telus store is over an hour away. 

Sounds like I'm out of luck. Might order them anyways and see if I can try and have it adjusted, and if not, I can wait till the next sweet deal comes along. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Armondo1411 

Where are you located? The GTA or the GVRD? Otherwise Sim cards can be purchased at telus and koodo corporate stores for the MRSP of $10. CCS has one day express shipping for $5 on top of the Cyber Monday $5.99+tax sale price. Public mobile takes 3 to 5 business days via Canada Post the same as CCS. I'm in Vancouver with extra Sim cards and there are others in the community that may be willing to help you out depending on your location?

Glally

Unfortunately, you would need to have the sim card first. The safe bet option would be to try the nearest Telus or Koodo store and see if they sell the sims.

Armondo1411

Hello!

I am looking at switching to Public and was looking for some information quick. 

I as looking at this plan deal. Is there a way to order SIM cards online (which will take some time to come in) and still be able to receive this plan deal? will I receive my SIM card number as soon as I order? 
Can somebody shed some light before I order the SIM's and then can't get this deal. Thanks! 

Glally

The 15 GB plan is a promo that should stay as long as you're on it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nagallan 

You must schedule a plan change to the $55 plan and apply the promocode in the promocode box. I did it a couple of hours ago successfully. I then canceled it as I don't want to change my plan.

Gchen

In my account, when I select Change My Plan, I see two different $40 options under the 4G plans. One of the is for 5GB and the other for 15GB

Anonymous00

Glally thank You! 
That is exactly what I will do.

Need Help? Let's chat.