cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Public Mobile

Re: Check out our new Get Help page!

Really odd @RobertQc  - I searched 'internot' with the intentional misspelling and it came back with a clear 'we didn't find anything' + SIMon recommendation. 

Wondering if anyone else can reproduce what @RobertQc  is experiencing?

internot search.jpg

Oracle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Like I said just how I think it may flow better but wondering what others think.

@ShawnC13 since you asked Smiley Happy I actually think Latest Threads is redundant since you see those in the Latest Posts as well.  I almost never use Latest Threads, except occasionally by accident when (in the past, when they were arranged vertically) I didn't scroll quite far enough.

@srlawren, see if one of the new topic has 8 people post in it right away you don't see other new topics.  I use the New Topics to see what many people are having issues with where as the latest post could be all posts just on one topic.  As well if there is something I might the ability to help with I will scan the new threads as it is easier to see what each is about and gives you a wider scope of posts.

I agree with @ShawnC13 on this.  I prefer to browse latest topics more often than latest posts.  A couple of busy topics (contests, promos, infamous letters, etc.) can easily swamp out posts from other topics making it more difficult to identify which topics still need help.  That being said, both Latest Topics and Latest Posts are useful sections and should be there side by side.  I would prefer that the two sections switch their current places to have the Latest Topics follow underneath the announcements on the left side, and the latest posts on the right side.

Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren, see if one of the new topic has 8 people post in it right away you don't see other new topics.  I use the New Topics to see what many people are having issues with where as the latest post could be all posts just on one topic.  As well if there is something I might the ability to help with I will scan the new threads as it is easier to see what each is about and gives you a wider scope of posts.

@ShawnC13 I see your points for sure.  When I use Latest Posts, I actually click the little " > " sign beside the section heading to get to the full list.  Admittedly, sometimes I just open up each bolded forum in a new tab, then cycle through and open each bolded thread that catches my interest.  This is easier, but I have found times when I will miss new things doing it this way.  Actually most often my workflow looks like this:

1) Follow bookmark to the Notifications page and open up anything new there to look and respond

2) Navigate to the community home page, open each bolded section (I ignore a few, like Retail and Legacy) into new tabs, go through each tab opening threads of interest

3) Once that's done, I go back to the home page, and click the > beside Latest Posts and check for any new activity of interest since I finished dealing with all my open tabs.

I'm probably a bit of an odd duck.  Quack.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Alan_K !

I like what I see with the recent changes to the Get Help page as well as the re-organized community landing page.  Always great to see team PM making an effort to improve things. 

Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Like I said just how I think it may flow better but wondering what others think.

@ShawnC13 since you asked Smiley Happy I actually think Latest Threads is redundant since you see those in the Latest Posts as well.  I almost never use Latest Threads, except occasionally by accident when (in the past, when they were arranged vertically) I didn't scroll quite far enough.

I also monitor the new threads/questions.  When there is an active thread, the five latest posts will be shown in the new post session.  It makes it difficult for me to find out other questions.

Mayor / Maire

@David_J wrote:

Really odd @RobertQc  - I searched 'internot' with the intentional misspelling and it came back with a clear 'we didn't find anything' + SIMon recommendation. 

Wondering if anyone else can reproduce what @RobertQc  is experiencing?

internot search.jpg

@David_J  Looks like it is an issue with running scripts from openshiftapps.com, might want to consder for users that don't know any better an "enable javascript", or "change your securtiy settings to view results", "enable scripts from openshiftapps.com" etc or a similar warning otherwise it just looks blank.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can the the help page or the bot answer when the next Koodo migration offer is going to happen so we can stop wasting our time with Public?

Mayor / Maire

@dararara wrote:

Can the the help page or the bot answer when the next Koodo migration offer is going to happen so we can stop wasting our time with Public?

WE ?

@dararara  Speak for yourself.

Oracle

@dararara wrote:

Public Mobile is not going to give advance warning for the next Koodo migration offer, just so that people can time their sign up perfectly.  If you signed up with PM just to play a migration lottery, that was your decision to "waste" time. I would join a carrier for what it offers today, not on the hope that something will materialize in the future, let alone materialize at a time of my convenience.

Mayor / Maire

OP made their own thread.