Did you mean: 

Changes to promotional plans taking place May 10th

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective May 10, 2019, the following promotional plans have expired:

• $30 for 1 GB at 3G speed
  • $40 for 2.5 GB at 3G speed

While these promotions are no longer available, we have some great offers below taking their place, available starting today. These offers are available for new and current customers.

Plan details:

$25 for 1 GB at 3G speed (Limited Time Offer)

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

$40 for 5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan that you want.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan that you want. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will these plans be in market?

These offers are subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our help article here.  

What happens if these plans becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to one of these plans on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the plan you selected even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

On my next plan renewal date, I chose to switch to one of the following plans:

• $30 for 1 GB at 3G speed
  • $40 for 2.5 GB at 3G speed

Now that these are being removed, what will happen?

If you have set up a plan change to one of the mentioned promotional plans at your next payment date and choose not to make any changes now, on your next renewal date you will still switch to the selected plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

I am currently on one of the expired plans. Will my data limit or plan price automatically update based on these changes?

No, the data limit nor the plan price will not update automatically as these are two distinct plans. That said, if you want to change to any of the new plans, you can do so in Self-Serve and the plan will change on your next renewal date.

68 REPLIES 68

acmethod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yep a $30 2GB would be tempting, although I rarely seem to go over the 1GB in my $25 plan. I stuck a 1GB addon to cover those ioverages.

It works out well, i'm really happy with the flexibility.  

mojorising

I would go for a $30 2GB plan if that would ever become reality as well.

@tanadongell wrote:

ive been using the $25/month plan, which gives me unlimited talk and txt canada wideand 1gb of data, and its absolutly amazing. Its cheaper then any other plan and it works perfectly. I highly recomend it 

i wish there could be a bit more data or atleast have it on 4g...

Hi @tanadongell 

Yes it's a great plan, it would be nice to have something with 2gig for 30.

It would be even nicer if they wouldn't shut you off but slow down to 256 or so.

If you are finding yourself just a bit short the last day or so you have couple of options. One of them is to buy extra 1gig, on the first glance not that attractive for $30 but it doesn't expire and can take you long way if you just need 50-100 extra monthly. Another thing you could do is once you are close to your allowance you could ask moderators to renew your plan early. 

tanadongell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ive been using the $25/month plan, which gives me unlimited talk and txt canada wideand 1gb of data, and its absolutly amazing. Its cheaper then any other plan and it works perfectly. I highly recomend it 

i wish there could be a bit more data or atleast have it on 4g...

Tammy3

This maybe wishful thinking but it would be nice to see a plan for 20$ that had unlimited talk and text.

Hi @CNTM 

Welcome to pm and the community:)

CNTM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just joined the PM community today. Ported from Telus in the last hour, everything works fine.

Looking forward to my reduced bill each month, and this community! 🙂

acmethod

Yes!!! The 25 is back! That’s a great plan. Time to start signing more people up!

txw427

need new plans

Oh that was my aunt who moved and broth her Rogers with her, she we under impression that her only other option was bell and it was way more then the 'deal' she had with Rogers. At the time I was in a great freedom area everywhere I went the signal was great, and when I get close to the border most of people lose signal, I either have it or I'm roaming USA signal for free. I couldn't have been happier at the time. It's after i moved that I totally lost the coverage, I would have none or one bar couldn't receive call or text, had no chance of using my data either. I had unlimited roaming included in my package but they just wouldn't let me roam in Canada, paying 50 for next to 0 service, next to 0 customer support too. It should work it will work next time you restart your phone, it never happened

@kselmak wrote:

I told my aunt about pm long before i was with them, she had horrible reception in country and was paying lots and everything was long distance, better connection would be way too much for her but then i hard that pm was switching to telus network and i told her back then i was with freedom. She saved lots of money and got good service, i didn't get penny for it. To bad she left and i didn't have chance to score for her 25 referral, I'm not sure what she's using inn Florida. I helped other people get on Rodgers i had access to corporate plan through my work and i signed up taking the risk but they saved money and had good service in the city and i didn't get a cent for that either, actually ended up with unfair final charges on my hands to dispute. So people do refer when they see something good or something more affordable, and if you give incentive they'll do it even more.

@kselmak, not sure why the coverage wasn't great in the rural area, as Telus and Bell have more coverage than Rogers or Freedom in the last couple of years (5-10).

Freedom is getting better, and the away roaming is better priced now, but Public Mobile if you have your plan right for your location, and requirements, it's far more stable than Freedom.

@Kiki wrote:

@TheGx ... Hmmmm....compelling argument but NOPE....you are still just referring people to Public Mobile for the rewards, let’s be honest here...

I told my aunt about pm long before i was with them, she had horrible reception in country and was paying lots and everything was long distance, better connection would be way too much for her but then i hard that pm was switching to telus network and i told her back then i was with freedom. She saved lots of money and got good service, i didn't get penny for it. To bad she left and i didn't have chance to score for her 25 referral, I'm not sure what she's using inn Florida. I helped other people get on Rodgers i had access to corporate plan through my work and i signed up taking the risk but they saved money and had good service in the city and i didn't get a cent for that either, actually ended up with unfair final charges on my hands to dispute. So people do refer when they see something good or something more affordable, and if you give incentive they'll do it even more.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kiki wrote:

@TheGx ... Hmmmm....compelling argument but NOPE....you are still just referring people to Public Mobile for the rewards, let’s be honest here...

And that's a problem how? Ooo a whole dollar per referral. It's a conspiracy. And the new arrival gets $10. Where's the problem? Existing customers get a $1 and PM gets a new customer for a new revenue stream.

It's rather more lucrative for ones account to refer on the $25 promos anyway.

Kiki

TheGx

@Kiki wrote:

@TheGx  Just curious, do you get compensated for your recommendations/referrals?

@Kiki  Of course I do, don't you know about referal rewards here at Public? I would also refer people to Public even if I didn't get compensated, because I believe in helping others and I believe in helping/supporting good companies too.  That's why I get involved in my community and get involved in issues effecting my community such as elections etc, not because I get compensated for it, but because I do what I believe and I stand up for what I believe in.

Kiki

@Arman....is your texting working yet??

Kiki

@TheGx  Just curious, do you get compensated for your recommendations/referrals?

TheGx

Me and everyone I know and everyone I reffered to Public hasn't had any issues at all with Public Mobile phone service at all, we are in Calgary. So, I'll keep refering everyone to Public so we all can keep saving more money, despite any negative posts telling me otherwise, and these promo plan definetly are the best value in Canada.

Arman
Do not trap yourself to a plan which as issue lots of issue. (don't take a chance) I recommend you to wait till all issues with this plan resolved. I moved one of my kids from PM to Lucky Mobile Plan with similar option and works perfectly.

cmd73

Hi Alan,

I'd like to sign a family member up for a $15 plan and have ordered a SIM card today. How do I know if the plan I want for her will still be offered by the time tha SIM arrives?

Thanks!

Arman
I bought 3 SIM cards from Lucky Mobile on ebay for .99C each.

dna2016

SWEET, thanks for bringing back that $25 plan, that plan is definitely one that will get people to switch over.  Getting data with unlimited everything else under $30 is a plan that I know a lot of people are looking for.  Most people I know don't need a lot of data, but getting a decent amount (i.e. 1GB) for under $30 I know a lot of people would go for.  Smart move by bringing this promo deal back (just do us all a favour and make it permanent).

Kiki

Promotional plans are great... but not if you can’t phone people and your texting doesn’t work....see here....https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Go-Elsewhere/m-p/367408#M69561

@AE_Collector wrote:

@zfx wrote:

Now only if we can buy the PM sim card for something like $4 at Dollarama *cough*Lucky Mobile*cough*, that will be even sweeter!! 

Yes I have been contemplating buying a few extra SIM cards to help more friends seriously thing about making the move. Those who “will think about it” may think quicker when I have everything they need to actually make the move right then.

This makes me wonder if PM couldn’t have some “SIM card multi-pack deals”as options for us PM Promoters. In addition to $10 each maybe 5 for $39 or 10 for $69 if ordered direct from PM. More ways to get the SIM cards into the phones of potential PM customers. 

We don't need special priced sim cards.  Remember if the new customer is referred they get the cost of the sim back anyway so it is essentially free!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@geopublic wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

@zfx wrote:

Now only if we can buy the PM sim card for something like $4 at Dollarama *cough*Lucky Mobile*cough*, that will be even sweeter!! 

Yes I have been contemplating buying a few extra SIM cards to help more friends seriously thing about making the move. Those who “will think about it” may think quicker when I have everything they need to actually make the move right then.

This makes me wonder if PM couldn’t have some “SIM card multi-pack deals”as options for us PM Promoters. In addition to $10 each maybe 5 for $39 or 10 for $69 if ordered direct from PM. More ways to get the SIM cards into the phones of potential PM customers. 

If PM is going to match Lucky' pricing then they might as well  match SIM prices too.

Well sure, I am not really up on that. Is that SIM pricing something quite new? I am just thinking a bulk discount of some sort would be easy to do if offered directly through PM (not dealers) and wouldn’t need to affect individual SIM prices at $10 each.

@AE_Collector wrote:

@zfx wrote:

If PM is going to match Lucky' pricing then they might as well  match SIM prices too.

@zfx wrote:

@ruif71 wrote:

Do I still get my $10.00 for 6 months credit for referring a friend if I switch to the $25.00 plan?

As mentioned, the $10 credit for 6 months was offered to new customers signing up to a $30 or more plan on PM. So if you switch to the $25 plan you will stop receiving those credits. How many more are owed to you? Personally, I don’t think the new $25 plan will disappear quickly but one never knows. I would stay put and keep a close watch here for announcements of it disappearing soon so you can weigh your options then.

@ruif71 wrote:

Do I still get my $10.00 for 6 months credit for referring a friend if I switch to the $25.00 plan?

Sorry, there is no such $10 off for 6 months credit for referring someone.  There was a promotion to receive $10 off for 6 renewals but was not about referring people.  It was for signing up to any 30 days plan of at least $30 (and I believe 90 day plans of at least $90).  That promotion is expired, but the $25 plan would not have qualified, regardless.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@win2018 wrote:

These two plans are best affordable plans I found in Canada.

can't agree more

Need Help? Let's chat.