cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified Pre-Owned Community Picks: Closed

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Thank you to everyone who participated in our first Community Picks! 

We've closed the voting polls and will return on Friday, August 20, to share the winning phone you want added to our Certified Pre-Owned Catalogue.

Stay tuned! 

Jade

--------

Hey Community, 

Remember to vote for your favourite phone here, final chance before poll close tomorrow! 

Thanks, 

Jade 

---------

Hey Community, 

I am very excited to introduce you to our new Community Picks program for CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) Phones! Since we started offering CPO phones, there’s been a growing number of customers asking for more options to choose from. This has sparked our interest to find out which CPO phones you would like to see added to our catalogue for a limited time, at a special discounted price! 

Our Certified Pre-Owned phones are refurbished phones that are tested, inspected, cleaned and re-packaged to look and function like new. Because of this, we are able to offer them at a price you and your wallet will love.

Vote for your Community Picks choice:

We want to hear from you! We have chosen 3 great phones, but we need your input on which one will be the newest addition to our CPO catalogue

How to Vote:

Visit this link and select your favourite CPO phone. Voting will close on August 18. 

CPO PhonePicks

• Samsung Galaxy S10
  • Huawei P40
  • Apple iPhone XS

Once voting has closed, the phone with the most votes will be crowned the Community Picks winner, and will be included in our CPO Catalogue with a discount for a limited time only. We’ll announce the winning device and offer details in a follow-up post. Stay tuned!😀

Thank you!

- Public Mobile Team

53 REPLIES 53

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you @Anonymous... clearly this is part of the fun of catching up!  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueB : Here

BlueB

I wonder which the winning phone is! 🙂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

I stand correct. @J_PM will return on August 20.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BKNS27 wrote:

Tomorrow is the last day to vote!

I am also voting on @BlueB suggestion that a PM Community member can win the phone as well.👍

Actually, August 18th was the last day to vote. The poll has already closed (see the original post).

Tomorrow is the last day to vote!

I am also voting on @BlueB suggestion that a PM Community member can win the phone as well.👍

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Just happened to think of this. When you say refurbished, would this include installing a new battery ? Alot of people, now that you can't user change batteries very easily, end up getting new devices when the battery life has gone to crap. 

Not looking at the moment but just curious for the future if this would include new battery life. 

If I could pick honestly I'd keep the user removable battery as I'm too nervous to trust any sort of water proofing. I'd get the one unit that the glue isn't totally properly sealed or something lol

I believe that these phones are unlikely to have a brand new battery unless the one that was installed failed some type of battery standards test.  When it comes to a water resistent device, the process of replacing an internal battery could could the casing to not be re-assembled correctly.

Pawprints1986

Just happened to think of this. When you say refurbished, would this include installing a new battery ? Alot of people, now that you can't user change batteries very easily, end up getting new devices when the battery life has gone to crap. 

Not looking at the moment but just curious for the future if this would include new battery life. 

If I could pick honestly I'd keep the user removable battery as I'm too nervous to trust any sort of water proofing. I'd get the one unit that the glue isn't totally properly sealed or something lol

TheGx

Yeah, I'm not creating a google account to vote either.

I would've voted for the Apple phone.

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Seems to me there is already a clear choice the same as my vote the S10. Not a bad price too 

BearFBI

I thought the title said "VOLTE NOW" 

Got exited for a sec.

Yeah the Huawei P40 should definitely be out simply because it doesn't have play store... that's too limiting for most customers. My wife has a P30 though and it's great, with play store too. Offer the P30 if there must be a Huawei.

With that said, with the choices given, either of the other two should be considered, but if I must pick one since I'm an android guy, S10.

LeePublic

@ShawnC13 Oh, thank you, didn't realize that. 

The XS is a tad bit too pricey.

I would pick the Samsung S10, but the Huawei P40 is another decent choice, other than not having the Google Play Store. Just keep in mind that OS updates and security updates will be pushed to the Samsung for 2 more years.

@LeePublic They have prices listed by the phone when you cast your vote

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LeePublic

@BlueB Fab idea! Maybe 250 MB data? Every bit counts!

LeePublic

I would vote for all of them, I'd say the more options offered, the wider range of customers who might be looking for a smartphone. 

But if there was one choice, I would pick iPhone XS.

I also vaguely remember Public offering a Samsung S10, but it was in the $700-750 range. Hopefully, it'll be offered at a lower price.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 : Why wasn't it promptly hacked out like ALL the times before? hmm? As if. And what, popping himself couldn't explain that? You of all people had to pipe in. I have no ill will towards him. You on the other hand....

@Anonymous at times you ask for explanations or why things were done or not done and when an explanation is presented there is still backlash.  I was away from the community for a couple of days camping as to why I didn't move anything.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@BlueB wrote:

@J_PM 

This would have been fun if this "voting" came with 1 lucky winner (contest) to receive the phone that gets introduced to the catalogue!  😀

Edit: Even if the cost of the phone is too much, a prize would still be nice, like a free Data add-on or $credit or something to get more attention and votes form some of us who don't want to create or log into a Google account just to fill out that vote.

@BlueB   You have great suggestion!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : Why wasn't it promptly hacked out like ALL the times before? hmm? As if. And what, popping himself couldn't explain that? You of all people had to pipe in. I have no ill will towards him. You on the other hand....

@Anonymous wrote:

@popping : As gentle ribbing...your post was off-topic anyway as it wasn't about voting for a small selection of phones to call Members Choice (or whatever).

But then wha'd'ya know...your fellow Oracles didn't seem quite so zealous in hacking it all out and dumping it down to the lounge. Started by one of their own? hmmm

But nor am I the type to get all hot and bothered about off-topic posts. It always comes back around. A couple Oracles seem so inclined though not nearly as fanatical as I've seen elsewhere.

@popping had asked for instructions on how to move and split posts and he now has the information on how to do it.  It was discussed and wasn't left because it was started by an Oracle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping : As gentle ribbing...your post was off-topic anyway as it wasn't about voting for a small selection of phones to call Members Choice (or whatever).

But then wha'd'ya know...your fellow Oracles didn't seem quite so zealous in hacking it all out and dumping it down to the lounge. Started by one of their own? hmmm

But nor am I the type to get all hot and bothered about off-topic posts. It always comes back around. A couple Oracles seem so inclined though not nearly as fanatical as I've seen elsewhere.

popping

@Anonymous & @Koombassi

My post listed the reason why I need an new iPhone or Samsung phone because of my new hearing aids which I am testing and buying.  I did not anticipated that it triggered the off-topic discussion. 

Hearing aids selection is an important topic for our community members.  I will move our off-topic posts to a new thread called "Hearing Aids Selection" under the Lounge category later tonight when I have more time.  Let me know if anyone has better suggestion.

Stay positive, test negative, have a better and better days ahead...

BlueB

@J_PM 

This would have been fun if this "voting" came with 1 lucky winner (contest) to receive the phone that gets introduced to the catalogue!  😀

Edit: Even if the cost of the phone is too much, a prize would still be nice, like a free Data add-on or $credit or something to get more attention and votes form some of us who don't want to create or log into a Google account just to fill out that vote.

fujiyama

Good promo! My pick would be the Samsung Galaxy S10, but I don't feel like logging in to actually vote lol (sorry :p)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

Just voted!

Based on members who joined PM is because of the low price rate.

I am a big fan of Apple and Samsung phones so I went with the Samsung S10.
I agree with @darlicious that Google phones would be a great addition to the pre-owned phones for the price points in the next round of pre-owned phone vote.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

Samsung Galaxy S10 is my choice too but if the price isn't good, it won't matter.

sunflowershine

Apple iPhone XS

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping : Ok even _I_ think this has become chaos....up here. 🙂

The Phonaks started standard bluetooth now a couple years ago which eliminates the need for a secondary device.

From what I understand, Phonak is still the only one making them with standard bluetooth.

For much longer, most of the others had Made For iPhone which is not standard bluetooth.

I don't think you'll find nirvana. All we can ask is that we're not always saying pardon me or repeat that or what was that or simply withdrawing from it all. Noisy situations are even difficult for normal hearing let alone compromised hearing.
Soft speakers are also difficult but not so much for normal hearing. I have both challenges. And then throw in tinnitus and a dash of hyperacussis.

What do you mean "mobile provider"? Some non-Kirkland ones are locked. The Signature's are not. The problem might come with another provider agreeing to touch a product they don't/didn't sell. But you can also do this yourself. You can buy the programming box and the software is free.

As for return frequency...I don't know if that's an urban myth. But I'd be looking at the KS10's from Phonak and keep using your Umidigi and not spend more money for ASHA.

At the end of the day...it's a struggle. Very frustrating.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Here you go....good light 12mp, good light 12 mp (texture) and poor light 12 mp.

Screenshot_20210811-215657~2.pngScreenshot_20210811-215728~2.pngScreenshot_20210811-215918~2.png

popping

@Anonymous 

My last pair of HA for 5 years is by Phonak which does not has built-in Bluetooth support inside my Phonak.  I need to wear a Phonak Bluetooth device.  This device is acting as the middle man between my phone using Bluetooth and my HA using its own wireless protocol to send/receive audio.

But since last year, every manufacturers are adding Bluetooth 5 (a.k.a Bluetooth low energy) chip to their hearing aids.  Therefore, I can connect my phone directly to my new HA without wearing another intermediate device. 

My problem is hearing in noisy environment.  I can hear well on phone conversion with my new improved HA using my UMIDIGI A5 Pro without the direct audio streaming.  I still have problem hearing people who speak softly with my new HA.  

Yes, my new HA is still on the Costco 90 days trial period.  But I am not testing the Kirland Signature HA at the moment.  We don't like locked phone sold by mobile provider.  Do you know that the HAs sold by Costco are locked to Costco and cannot be re-programmed by other HA provider. 

Rumor has it that if someone tests too many pairs of  HA at Costco, the audiologist will cut the patient off because Costco audiologist appointment is at least 1 month.  They don't worry about getting HA business.  I hate audiologist telling me nothing they can do with my hearing loss with the current HA technology.  I will try as many HA until it solves my hearing in noisy condition and soft speech.  I am still deciding whether to keep the new HA which solves my hearing in noisy condition and not soft speech.

Need Help? Let's chat.