cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTEST NOW CLOSED- Take a Break From Your Diet, It’s Pizza Party Day!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

5 - MayEN.png

Hey Community,

Assemble the squad because it’s Pizza Party Day! We love pizza because it’s the food that gives you the best bang for your buck, kind of like Public Mobile. Plus, you have ultimate flexibility in your choice of toppings just like we have tons of choices when you’re building your own plan. The real question is, haven’t you always wondered where this magical combination of cheese, sauce, and bread comes from? What genius had the idea to put these ingredients into a wood-fire oven and change the world forever? We did some digging and here’s what we found:

• While many believe pizza was invented in Italy, its origins have deeper roots. People in countries such as Greece and Egypt would cook flat bread in mud ovens during ancient times.

• It wasn’t until the 1500s when tomatoes were brought from South America back to Europe that the dish we call pizza came into existence. Bakers in Italy would use their excess dough from the day combined with tomatoes and cheese to create a delicious and low-cost food.

• During the late 1800s a man named Raffaele Esposito was asked to prepare a pie for Queen Marghertia of Savory. One of the pizzas he made included tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. The Queen loved the pizza so much Esposito deemed it Pizza Marghertia.

Now you have some knowledge to share at your next pizza party! In fact, we want to make that pizza party a reality. Comment below by 12:00 pm ET on May 24, 2019 and tell us your favourite pizza toppings and we’ll randomly three winners who will receive a $50 Domino’s gift card. As we all know, the only thing better than pizza, is free pizza! Contest runs May 17 to 24, 2019. Read Contest Rules before entering.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

Contest Rules

Spoiler

Public Mobile Pizza Party Day Contest
CONTEST RULES

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY
    No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share their favourite pizza toppings on the Public Mobile Community post. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant.

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs May 17 to May 24, 2019 at 12:00pm ET.

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE
    There will be three (3) prizes awarded. Each winner will receive the following prize:

One (1) Domino’s Pizza $50 Gift Card

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW
    A random draw for all Prizes will take place at the Public Mobile office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario on or about May 24 at 12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
    In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form. If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (7) business days after prize has been awarded.

2. PRIVACY
    By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation. Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

1. QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.

1. OTHER
    All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified. Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

138 REPLIES 138

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Ham, Pineapple, Double Cheese, and Jalapeno.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I love Pineapple, Anchovies, Artichokes, Olives, Pesto, Sun dried Tomato, Mushrooms, Red Sauce and Provone cheese and the Shredded Cheese on it, Very Helthy, Tasty, Delicious.

Also, Cherry Tomatos on as well

Ham, pepperoni, salami, gr beef. garlic, capacoli, gr pepper, tom sauce and ton's 'o cheese.

Pwr123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Donair meat,onions,cheese and donair sauce is my favorite

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ham and pineapple (AKA Hawaiian) 

Tweetynumair

Definitely pineapple, Italian sausage and mushrooms

ipkonfig

My favorite toppings would be Chicken along with Hot Banana Peppers, Onion, Tomatoes and Roasted Red Peppers. Yeap, I like them extra spicy. Smiley Very Happy

Marinamz

I like it with Pepperoni, beef and extra cheese.

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Mushroom, spinach, sausage

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hawaiian is my favorite for sure, love that juicy sweet pineapple on the top yummm

jashn98

pineapple and cheese  ❤️

jashn98

i am gonna eat pizza today ,if public mobile pays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joepublic

• Tomato sauce
  • Fresh mozzarella cheese
  • Greek feta (from Greece)
  • EV Olive Oil
  • Mediterranean sundried tomatoes
  • Fresh basil

Chipster

Double cheese, loadded with meat (pepperoni, bacon, sausage) and finally topped off with mushrooms.

Tav

Does crab pizza dip count? Althought not a traditional its amazing. Otherwise I will have to go with hawaiian style and start the age old pineapple is not an acceptable pizza topping debate.

RussiansHateMac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On a Dominos pie, it'd be pepperoni, bacon, extra cheese, extra sauce!

kayla87

Pepporoni, bacon & onion!!

Jadebug

Pineapple, jalapeños, and sausage. 

Mixing acid with spice adds an extra kick, so if you like spicy pizza, you have to try it. 

Give me hawaian pizza.  Smiley Happy

nilimasaha

Pepporoni, sausage, hot banana peppers 🙂

TheOldVR

It's gotta be a modified HAwaiian!!!

Ham, Pineapple, extra sauce and extra cheese.

YUM-O!!!!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

My favorite is a homemade sweet and sour chicken.  Sweet and sour sauce, baked chicken breast with purple onion, pineapple, orange peppers.  mmmmm  mouth watering thinking about it!!.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Pepperoni, bacon, capicolo, mushrooms, onions, sliced steak, extra cheese, green olives, garlic powder, oregano, with creamy garlic or cheddar-jalapeno dip for the well-done thin crust.

Metal1967

Any pizza thats available at about 3am on a saturday morning....🍻

greygoose22

Brooklyn Pepperoni, bacon and Italian sausage!

Can't forget feta cheese too!

smp99

Pep. Green pepper. Mushroom

selva1

Pepperoni 

Roger3

Pepperoni, bacon and pineapple.

The most enjoyable pizza is the one that comes the way you ordered it. PM likens itself to pizza, so how about delivering what was ordered: calls that stay connected, text messaging that actually gets to its destination, and plans that stay activated or renew correctly?

That's the "pizza" many of us want.

TheDream
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Mushrooms and onions are the favorite toppings for me. Nevertheless, I'll prefer quattro formaggi (four kinds of cheese) variant.

Need Help? Let's chat.