cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Blog] Get to know the Public Mobile team: an interview with Marketing Communications

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

If you’ve been a long-time Community member, you probably know a few of the familiar Public Mobile team faces: myself, @Alan_K , and sometimes @Dave_M  makes an appearance. But we’re far from the only people who make PM possible, so we wanted to introduce you to a few more people on the team! 

Meet our Marketing Communications team, made up of Alyssa, Liz, and Isabella.

MarCom Bitmojis.png

What are they responsible for? Our Marketing Communications team handles anything and everything to do with the Public Mobile brand: from our rebrand in August 2019, to social media, to our swanky subway and bus ads. Keep reading to learn a bit more about who they are and what they’re working on this year. 

First things first, tell us a bit about yourself: what do you do on the Public Mobile team? 

Liz: I'm a marketing manager, in charge of the go-to-market activities related to marketing communications. This includes social media and communication for promotions. I joined the team around the same time as Alyssa. 

Isabella: I joined the team in October of last year and my main area of focus is digital marketing - mainly planning and executing our digital advertising campaigns. If you ever see one of our Facebook ads, I’m the one behind it!

Alyssa: I work on all things mass-media advertising and brand - specifically, our mass media campaigns and overarching brand positioning. I joined the team in November of last year. 

Looking back, what's been your favourite PM campaign since you started? 

Liz: Definitely More is Merrier. 

Isabella: Our holiday campaign, More is Merrier. 

Alyssa: I’ll say that there's some fun ads coming out in March that I'm looking forward to.

Okay, let’s all look forward now. What in your portfolio are you excited for in 2020? 

Liz: Our social media strategy. There's a huge opportunity for us to be engaging in meaningful 2-way conversations with our customers. Not only sharing exciting content with them, but also listening to their ideas, pain points etc. 

Isabella: I’m really looking forward to discovering new places we can reach potential customers via online advertising and sharing our brand value with as many people as possible.

Alyssa: After our rebrand last year, I'm excited to see Public Mobile breakthrough in a meaningful way to consumers. We have such an amazing brand and so many great things to offer our customers. 

Okay, time for some quick rapid fire questions. Go to coffee order? 

Liz: Matcha latte 

Isabella: Flat white. 

Alyssa: I'm actually a tea drinker! My go-to in the morning is Earl Grey.

Favourite public place (see what I did there)? 

Liz: The beach in the summer. 

Isabella: St Lawrence market in Toronto Smiley Happy

Alyssa: I love parks in the summer! 

If you could only have one app on your phone (besides call/text), what would it be? 

Liz: Spotify 

Isabella: Instagram

Alyssa: Twitter

Okay, last question: what is your current ringtone? 

Liz: My phone is always on silent! haha

Isabella: The theme song from "Succession".

Alyssa: It's called "Piano Riff" on iPhone

That’s a wrap from our Marketing Communications team! Are there any other members of the Public Mobile team you’d like to learn more about? Let us know! 

- The Public Mobile Team

37 REPLIES 37

@lovelyrachel nice find.. I don't know this old post myself.  I think PM should continue doing this. I think the current Community lacks this interaction between Community members and staff..

lovelyrachel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

nice to meet you!

Chihuahuas_cool

Nice to hear and get a introduction i enjoyed it and look forward to more 

Kdhillon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nice to meet the great team. Keep up the good work. 

Barbie2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tiana_V wow thanks fro sharing nice to know the face behind the marketing. 😁

Courtis5

Keep up the great work!!!😎

telemonster

With all do respect, it is not a interview. It is just some essay. We want video with real voices and real faces, and real questions/answers. I can make a good video interview with your team.

Gwenel

Great comment, well written and I share the feeling.

Gwenel

What a great way to bring the human side of the company.  Nice to meet you all.  Am loving the community more all the time.

Billymack06
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good luck to the three of you. Look forward to future communications. 

Chihuahuas_cool

Nice to meet you all and I love public mobile it feels like a big family I been on public for a few months now and I am never leaving the best company in the world thank you for all your hard work and time

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Very COOL!

I'm glad to see these behind the scenes employees are receiving the recognizition they deserve! I love Public Mobile it's such a friendly company! Smiley HappyHeart

Dolphin1

Thank you for introducing us to some of the people behind the scenes.

Vpete049
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • Thanks public mobile team! You have made having a phone affordable. I tell everyone I meet that they need to switch! 

rktc_2003

We can see results from their hard work. 

Thanks for change PM.

Keep doing innovative. 

Yes I have to admit to cultivating new customers in the wings, slowly feeding them info, getting them more interested while I watch for the next New Customer Promotion to seal the deal! 

It was interesting hearing Dave's comments about customer growth within Public Mobile. I would love to hear more details when possible about this but also realize it is usually kept quiet for competitive reasons. But maybe there is some level of company growth related info that can be released occasionally? To let us know how we are doing?

AE_Collector

@Tiana_V 

Thank you for introducing us to the relatively new marketing team. As I've mentioned before public mobile makes the customers feel like family and getting to know the employees and the role they play in making public mobile such a great provider makes the brand all that more inclusive.

Hello ladies! It's great to get to know a little bit more about you....the community plays an important role in communicating and selling public mobile to potential new customers. Knowing what your roles are and how you are reaching out to fellow Canadians to promote and sell public mobile gives the members the ability to provide feedback and suggestions on how your marketing campaigns are being received and their successfullness. I for one am excited to see what you three come up with for 2020 and that you're living up to the new slogan...."We're for you."

Seeing as it's been 25 days since the end of the last promotion I hope you have a great new promo to "leap" into some "March madness" of savings for new customers and a "March break" on current customers plan costs by giving us some kind of referral bonuses to help lower our costs with members willing to become sales team members to help with your new marketing campaigns.

Welcome to public mobile ladies and the community is happy to meet you and we will look forward to meeting other team members from different departments.

We would love to meet new moderators and learn more about the more senior members of that team who have done such a great job of providing excellent customer service to us. We will also be missing Dave.....so the new head of public mobile will be the next most anticipated introduction to the community. Thanks for doing such a great job of keeping us in the loop of all the new and exciting changes at public mobile for 2020.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That was interesting.

BRAVO!  

(See, I can keep it short and to the point once in awhile!)

AE_Collector

oglat

Nice meeting you ladies:)

yanzhiqiang

Thank you very much. 

zblackma

Thankyou. Keep up the good work. Its nice to put a face to the cogs in the PM factory. Well, sort of...

If you could only have one app on your phone (besides call/text), what would it be?

LIz: Spotify

Isabella: Instagram

Alyssa: Twitter

Korth: Calculator

marimacas

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Rosguru

Nice to know about the new members of Public Mobile Team😃 and looking forward to more exciting stuff in March

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

A pleasure meeting you ladies....so since you are the Marketing Gals of Public Mobile...

Who are the winners to the Valentine Contest that ended on February 21st with the 20 winners of 1gig of data? 

Please say me! Man Happy

jor123

Cool idea 🙂

gjong26

It's great to hear about the people behind the scenes. Nice to learn about the PM team in our community.  I look forward to the upcoming new announcements and campaigns. 

vn33

@alyssa ... Earl Grey?

I like you already 🙂

sa7375

Glad to meet you Liz, Isabella and Alyssa Smiley Happy

Nice to meet you.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.