cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Sale: Upgrade your Phone & Save!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

J_PM_0-1668719713477.png

Hey Community, 

Starting today, until December 6, you can save $30 on your phone bill when you purchase any Certified Pre-Owned Phone. Visit our Certified Pre Owned Phone Catalogue and get yours for Black Friday, while quantities last.

Offer Details: 

• Offer available to existing Public Mobile customers who purchase a Certified Pre-Owned phone with the same email address the existing customer received this offer from.
  • Effective November 15th, 2022 to December 6th, 2022 at 11:59PM ET.
  • Offer limited to one bill credit per Public Mobile account. 
  • Credit will be automatically applied within one month of offer closure, starting in January 2023 to eligible customer accounts in $5 monthly increments for 6 months. 
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

17 REPLIES 17

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

UPDATE: I was finally successful in getting my credit. If you bought a phone during this promo period, after interacting with several reps, an escalation was required but it was then promptly handled to my satisfaction. Hopefully no one else has to go through the same rigmarole as I did. 

Haiggy

The agent said I needed to have received a text message now… they’re running too many promos if even the agents can’t keep the eligibility straight. 

Hi @Haiggy   no email required.  Please reply the ticket and ask to escalate.  The rules are clear in this post by @J_PM   If the agent said not eligible, ask which part of it not eligible.  You have the rights to know

Haiggy

This offer was extremely misleading. It was not at all offered to anyone outside of those who received an email allegedly, and the moderators simply told me that “I didn’t meet the criteria”. Apparently participating here doesn’t mean anything too you.

I don’t know why it was listed here if it wasn’t offered to everyone here. I’ve rescinded my ‘bravo’ for this post and will NEVER buy a phone from you again. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Haiggy 

Something went haywire with the $30 ($5×6 months)phone credit....I'm not even sure if anyone has been credited the first $5 credit (January 6th?) let alone a second $5 credit due this week? Everyone so far that has inquired about it (including myself) has ended up having customer support credit the entire $30 to their accounts. Contact customer support with the relevant email/account info and your order # from your phone purchase and ask for the entire credit to be applied.

Haiggy

I ordered a phone from my wife's account and one for myself under mine, all with the correct corresponding e-mail addresses. I haven't seen a $5 credit for either yet, and it's been 2 months since offer closure. Can you let me know when I can expect to see the first credits appear on my account?

ottawa

Thank you both. Between my $9 in Rewards and now $5 for the handset, I may not bother with a vacation stop. I have a large balance from vouchers, so I think the only way to stop paying is lost/stolen, I can't just remove the autopay. And that way I'll still see my texts, and calls will go to vmail, both of which will fail (I think) if my account is suspended. And I might get another New Year's bonus that I don't need but I'll accept. 🙂

Love that Public Mobile. As I said to a friend I just organized moving from one of the big-3 prepaid (when I told them they got $5 for logging in to their account the first time, and $10 referee credit from another friend we just chased down, and 75c for autopay [?]): "welcome to not-Bell!". 🙂

Yes. Thank you. The erroneous word has been corrected.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa 

It will just be credited to your account balance. Although anyone who has their account purposely suspended via non-payment rather than via lost/stolen can be credited and have their account automatically reactivate if the credit tops up the available funds to equal or exceed the plan amount.

@computergeek541 

I think you meant to say credits can also be used to purchase add ons in addition to paying for your plan amount.

@ottawa wrote:

So the $5/mo credit starts on your first January bill, unless your billing date is Jan 1-5 in which case it might start on Feb statement? The offer wording is a bit confusing, it says "within 1 month of offering closing, starting January" but the offer closes Dec 6 so they're saying the credits start no later than Jan 6, but could start earlier, but in Jan?

Just checking for when we don't get a credit if cycle starts Jan 1-5, whether to worry or if it means it starts Feb.

It will be a credit to your account balance which is unrelated to your renewal date.  You can expect the credit by January 6.  Remember that credits can also be used to pay for add-ons.

ottawa

So the $5/mo credit starts on your first January bill, unless your billing date is Jan 1-5 in which case it might start on Feb statement? The offer wording is a bit confusing, it says "within 1 month of offering closing, starting January" but the offer closes Dec 6 so they're saying the credits start no later than Jan 6, but could start earlier, but in Jan?

Just checking for when we don't get a credit if cycle starts Jan 1-5, whether to worry or if it means it starts Feb.

Thanks.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Thank you....yes it certainly does clear up the uncertainties.....the important terms to be met are:

• One $30 credit per account.
  • The email used for the phone order must either be the customer's self serve account email or the email used to activate a new account in order to recieve the $30 credit ($5×6 months).

Edit:

Still not pinned to the landing page though? 🤔

@darlicious This offer is available to all customers. The email in question, was prompted depending on what plan the existing customer falls under. We currently have multiple offers, and plans available at this time, that customers are switching to. Hope this clears things up! Thank you. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MetaMorpheusMob 

Initially yes....but then why announce it? Rather I think it was sheer laziness of a copy and pasted terms and conditions from the email I to the announcement. Maybe @J_PM will clear this up for us if she decides to pin the announcement to the landing page so more than 4 customers will see it?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Is this a targeted offer? Neither of my accounts get any promotional emails anymore? I haven't changed anything and I get plenty of koodo and telus offers.

@JL9 wrote:

I see the S20 FE is there, I think at one point it was 199 but wasn't available, that would be a wonderful Christmas present if that price ever popped up again lol

It was available but sold out within minutes at that price.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I see the S20 FE is there, I think at one point it was 199 but wasn't available, that would be a wonderful Christmas present if that price ever popped up again lol

Need Help? Let's chat.