cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: [BUG RESOLVED]: Incoming texts not received upon return from US

This fix looks as though it was only announced 7 days ago and it fixes "the problem" for anyone purchasing a US roaming add on from that date forward. Thus I don't think anyone would have purchased the add on since the announcement and got to day 11 to see what happens yet.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

AWESOME!!! Coming off a 10 day US plan tomorrow. Looking forward to my texting working as usual!!!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Don't hold your breath unless you are certain you added the roaming add-on after the "fixed" announcement as they said it won't fix add-ons already in progress before the fix was implemented. You might be good as hopefully they fixed it a day or two before the announcement.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector wrote:

This fix looks as though it was only announced 7 days ago and it fixes "the problem" for anyone purchasing a US roaming add on from that date forward. Thus I don't think anyone would have purchased the add on since the announcement and got to day 11 to see what happens yet.

@AE_Collector it's also possible @Tiana_V was being overly cautious with the announcement in a CYA type of move.  Always better to under-promise and over-deliver...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren 

Absolutely! And maybe anyone already in progress when it was "fixed" will benefit from the fix too. The wording just sounded to me as though you had to start the add-on after "the fix" was in .... to benefit. We should start to get some reports soon hopefully!

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Coincidentally on the same day of the announcement my texting add-on had expired. Everything worked on that next day. I appear to also have got the 10 - 24 hour periods. There's another customer that had about the same thing in around the same time. He went ahead and had the mods add it again rather than wait.

@Chipster : We'd be interested to know when yours expires and when you can see the same add-on again in the Purchase Add-ons screen. At what point it removes itself from your Plan Details and then how long until you could buy it again...without buying it of course. Because there's a period of time after it expires and removes itself before you would see it in the list to buy again. We so far know it's at least an hour. I wonder if it would be midnight ET of that last day. Could be the next day. If you're willing to observe it for us that is.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased the US add-on on the evening (EST) of Jan 25.

I was travelling in the US early on Jan 26 to late on Feb 1. At no time (to the best of my knowledge) did I experience any interuptions while travelling in the US. Smiley Happy

I have continued to receive text messages since returning to Canada. Smiley Happy

I checked this morning Feb 5, and I have the option to re-purchase the US add-on.

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Chipster wrote:

I purchased the US add-on on the evening (EST) of Jan 25.

I was travelling in the US early on Jan 26 to late on Feb 1. At no time (to the nest of my knowledge) did I experience any interuptions while travelling in the US. Smiley Happy

I have continued to receive text messages since returning to Canada. Smiley Happy

I checked this morning Feb 5, and I have the option to re-purchase the US add-on.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the update. So sometime last evening it expired and would have removed itself. (the 10 - 24 hour periods). Then sometime after that it allowed you to see the same add-on available to purchase. I wonder if it is indeed midnight ET.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

So I'm not sure if some of this was announced officially somewhere and that I missed reading it, but I just wanted to get a few points clarified after reading through some posts and wanted to confirm that going forward, along with the official fix to the US roaming glitch upon returning, that there is now also a change to the timeline of purchasing the US roaming, ie: the official countdown begins from the moment of purchase on a 24 hour timeline of the US add-on and won't expire at midnight of the day of purchase? 

Another question is if it's also now an official policy that users can receive incoming texts whilst in the US, even without a roaming package (not outgoing, of course)?

These are great improvements but I'm hoping that @Tiana_V or anyone else can confirm these things so that we are supplying accurate information to users' questions about roaming and no longer have to qualify if some of these things are official or unofficial policy?

Edit:  One other question/clarification, why is the chatbot ? icon only available when on Get Help page and disappears on all the other pages?  At least that is what I'm getting...

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

[I] wanted to confirm that going forward, along with the official fix to the US roaming glitch upon returning, that there is now also a change to the timeline of purchasing the US roaming, ie: the official countdown begins from the moment of purchase on a 24 hour timeline of the US add-on and won't expire at midnight of the day of purchase? 

@dabr need some clarification here.  First off, is this a statement, i.e. you are confirming that what you've said is the correct?  or it's a question, i.e. you would like it to be confirmed by someone that what you've said is correct?

With that out of the way, I don't understand what you've asserted/asked. 

Here's how it has worked since these roaming add-ons were launched in Nov 2016:  the clock has starts at the moment you add the add-on, with that day counting as day 1 regardless of whether you purchased the add-on at 12:01 AM eastern time or 11:59 PM eastern time.  The add-on expires at midnight eastern time on day 10, meaning your "10 day" add-on is actually "9 and some fraction of a tenth" day add-on.  

Are you saying something has changed from the behaviour I described above??  If so, I don't recall this being mentioned anywhere.  From where are you getting this supposition or assertion?  More info, please.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.