cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you outgrowing your plan? An offer from our friends at TELUS.

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

At Public Mobile, we're for you. We recognize that sometimes our customers' needs may change, whether you need more data or even a new phone. That’s why, today we're pleased to let our Community know that our friends at TELUS are offering a great deal exclusive for Public Mobile customers!

Launching today and available until November 18th, 2020, 11:59PM EST, Public Mobile customers are eligible for a $120 bill credit when they call in and switch to any TELUS Peace of Mind plan. 

Why TELUS?

1. Got your eye on the latest iPhone? Get access to the latest, greatest phones at $0 upfront and device financing over 24 months
  2. Get 10-50GB high-speed 4G LTE data + endless data (that means unlimited data) at reduced speeds
  3. Get access to TELUS’s 24/7 call centres support

Catherine_T_0-1603998171750.png

Catherine_T_1-1603998172119.png

How it works:

1. Customers can redeem this offer by calling 1-877-689-8430 to initiate an activation on a TELUS postpaid plan.
  2. Customers who successfully complete the credit check will have their hardware (SIM and/or device) sent over to their address.
  3. Customers will port-in their Public Mobile phone number through their TELUS My Account once they have received their hardware (SIM and/or device).

Important thing to note:

• A credit check is required to assess eligibility.
  • The customer’s Public Mobile account will be cancelled when the port to TELUS has been completed.
  • Please note that the customer’s Public Mobile account balance will not transfer after porting out to TELUS.

Sounding like a good deal? We’re for you, which is why we’d love to see you grow a relationship with our friends at TELUS. To learn more about TELUS, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

71 REPLIES 71

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

May be PM is doing the bidding for Telus on orders from above and just can't say no.

No matter how ridiculous the advertising is, there are always some people who would fall for it. Look at these ones from years ago.

image0333.jpg

image0344.jpg

Thanks, but no thanks. I am staying with PM.

@Anonymous 

Lol......oh!

/s

@Lieux 

Aha there's my mystery man! I can finally start gathering stats on you so it won't mess with my unofficial bravo leaderboard rankings. Come December I'll be able to unofficially rank you. Bonjour,  comment ça va? Ravi de vous rencontrer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

It was sarcastic?

a/s

It was a masterpiece. So you got me now. What's a/s?

@Anonymous 

It was sarcastic?

a/s

@computergeek541 wrote:

Sorry, but this offer benefits Telus than it does more the customer - unless the customer is  shareholder. 

I resemble this remark! (NOT). I am a shareholder but am more than happy with my $15 plan.

Really I think people are too worked up about this. Certainly they didn't expect everyone to jump off the gravy train here so they could announce that PM would cease operations at midnight on Dec 31 cutting us out west off at 9 PM unable to Safely wish everyone a Happy New Year electronically.

There are PM customers who have had it with only 8.5Gb and who think 3G like speeds are from the 70’s and who think that not having unlimited data is barbaric. The big guys HAVE slowly become more competitive to the point where a few around here may be able to justify “moving on up”.

AE_Collector

@Jb456 wrote:

images.jpeg

Less service/usage for the same price as competitors (no longer less for less)

More service, more gigabtyes, more expensive (Telus)

Public can do better than this, such as they did in the past.

@Nezgar wrote:

@Catherine_T wrote:

Important thing to note:

• Please note that the customer’s Public Mobile account balance will not transfer after porting out to TELUS.

I read this kind of like this... "As a special thank-you to our valued Public Mobile customers who maintain a balance in their account to ensure they never have a plan renewal failure due to an occasional bug in our billing system, we will throw away those funds as part of this special offer. Sounding like a good deal? We’re for you, which is why we’d love to see you grow a relationship with our friends at TELUS. "

👀

Lol. Good one....

Public Mobile:  I believe it will suffice to say that your customers are not impressed.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T wrote:

Important thing to note:

I read this kind of like this... "As a special thank-you to our valued Public Mobile customers who maintain a balance in their account to ensure they never have a plan renewal failure due to an occasional bug in our billing system, we will throw away those funds as part of this special offer. Sounding like a good deal? We’re for you, which is why we’d love to see you grow a relationship with our friends at TELUS. "

👀

@Lieux wrote:

And you know what....this announcement is not on the French forum...doesn’t exist! 😉 

No need to argue on anything there!

That's a pretty big "ooops" by Public Mobile. Then again, in Quebec where most people speak French, the offer for this $75 plan would be laughed at. The $75 plan offer is still being laughed at even in locations where plans are generally worse due to lack of serious regional competition.

I also find it strange that Public Mobile customers are being targetted to go straight to Telus Mobility instead of Koodo Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

To avoid any confusion perhaps you can indicate where i missed an "s" (ess)?

@darlicious 

Your work of sarcastic art. In forum-speak, adding a /s at the end of a piece of sarcasm helps to clarify that it was in fact sarcasm. The slash comes from html code (I think) to in effect close a piece of code and the s is short for sarcasm.

Click the html button up top and you can see how an html piece of code is opened with a code and /-closed with the matching code. If you wanted to get all literal you could type < then / then s then > but web text box editors usually don't like that.

And you know what....this announcement is not on the French forum...doesn’t exist! 😉 

No need to argue on anything there!

How did Public Mobile not see the backlast that was going to happen about this annoucement?  The typical Public Mobile customer probably isn't going to use 10 or 16GB and isn't going to pay $75 per 30 days (or a month).  Sorry, but this offer benefits Telus than it does more the customer - unless the customer is  shareholder.  What's really happening here is an upsell.  Including more in a plan is much better for the carrier than it is to offer a lower price.  Customers want the lower price. I know customers also want more data but aren't going to pay more than a certain price.  Adding more value/gigabtyes doesn't cost Telus all that much, meanwhile allow them to collect more.

How about Public Mobile offer better plans instead of trying to get people to switch?

I would not be suprised if this entire annoucement thread quietly disappears. 

Jeesh!  This is not very nice of Telus.. taking away Public Mobile customers.

For me, I love Public Mobile warts and all.  I love the PM community, the camaraderie among the regular posters, the almost instantaneous help and advice given to any question asked in the forums, the knowledge shared generously, a place for retired people like me to hang out and even get appreciated... that is priceless.  Plus I don't need a new phone. 

So here's my answer to Telus offer...

GreenEggs

@makkahn28 

That would defeat pm's purpose. We already share a back end system with koodo to save on costs. Offering postpaid would require an entirely different payment/billing system.

Why is Telus toying with the Consumer with this?

They should be offering MORE Stuff that is PM related instead of this nonsense as I feel Telus wants to end PM and force people to spend too much and go broke.

The Prepaid Model has more advantages and also at least no shock value

Better thing, OFFER PM in Postpaid as well if that would help 

As Brian Mills said in Movie Taken, Your Arrogance offends me, for that the rate just went up 10%

I find Telus's Offer a Slap in the Face and Not Serious, and also I find that this Poach offer thing to move over more repugnant.

They need to offer MORE PM related stuff and that's that

@Anonymous 

To avoid any confusion perhaps you can indicate where i missed an "s" (ess)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : in forum-speak, to avoid any mis-interpretation, it's common to add "/s" to the end. 🙂

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

❤️ PM. Good offer but sorry, this is not going to happen.

No Way.jpg

@Jb456  agreed, happy I got the kodoo 11GB $40 for the wife and daughter

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Catherine_T 

Thank you for fulfilling the wishes of quite a few on the Community's Public Mobile Wishlist. You have covered all those who want to talk to customer service agent, want a useable unlimited data plan, a plan that has more than the $50/8.5gb (9.5gb in quebec), unthrottled 4G LTE data speeds, roaming packages to the US that are not limited to 10 days (for those who said you dont mind paying extra.....youll pay extra alright $1.50 per minute!), roaming around the world (Im not even going to look at those rates!) Family share plans, more than one phone number on an account, the ability to port your number in thru your account ( we've lost that privilege without explanation), autopay fixed for those that switch! I'm sure there's a few more that I'm missing.......

I think that this new plan covers all those wishes.....for those that switch I'll help you start your own "Telus Customer Wishlist" :

1. A community that really is one....where I can get quick fixes, friendly advice, help with my device and a strategy to best save on my bill and how to best airfry a chicken.
  2. Monthly rewards that help lower the cost of my bill that could even bring it down to $0.
  3. No overages, overbilling, extra charges, surprise roaming rates or rate increases.
  4. The ability to switch to a cheaper plan.
  5. The ability to suspend my plan up to 90 days for no extra cost.
  6. Edit: free international SMS/MMS texting.
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?

I'm sure after a couple of months you'll be able to fill in the rest. Welcome to the telus family!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13  Check this out.

Bells price is $65 for 15 gigs then unlimited lower speed. I think bell is 256k while Telus is 512k but still.

Right there $120 price difference and PM is offering $120 credit for a $75 plan with only 10 gigs.

What a joke.

Screenshot_20201029_171259.jpg

@ShawnC13  Telus peace of mind plans are: 

• $75 for 10 gigs (currently limited time promo makes it 15 gigs)
  • $95 for 20 gigs
  • $115 for 50 gigs.

All I was saying is why wouldn't Public Mobile not use the current limited time offer of 15 gigs rather than the 10 gigs.

This PM promotion gets a big 💩💩💩 lol

GlennK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is it that bad?

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Catherine_T  well that went over well 👎🤣

@Jb456 wrote:

Meanwhile I go to Telus website and see a limited time offer lol.

$75 for 15 gigs of data then endless unlimited data afterwards. 

So Catherine why is PM only offering the Normal 10 gigs and not matching Telus limited time offer of 15 gigs? 

Screenshot_20201029_160826.jpg

@Jb456, they aren't just offering 10Gb it says 10-50Gb so depending on what plan you pick

ShawnC13_0-1604004929217.png

EDITED TO ADD:  @Jb456  I see you mean for the $75 now that someone else had posted the offer.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

First thought I had when the email with this "offer" popped up was, someone at Telus must have been smoking the cheap stuff. How else do you explain an "offer" this bad.

For those who want the hardware discount this is a good offer

(only concern is they jumped the gun since many people will wait to see what Black Friday / Boxing Day have to offer...)

Need Help? Let's chat.