cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Portal Enhancements: We’re Looking for Testers!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

The application to be a tester is now closed. Thank you to everyone who answered our survey questions. Those who have been selected will be contacted by private message. 

Hey Community, 

Here at Public Mobile we’re constantly looking for ways to improve your experience. As you know, the first and most important step to becoming a customer is to activate a SIM card, and we’re trying to find ways to make it simpler and easier to start your journey with us. 

At this point, we’d love to hear from our current customers and get some feedback on what we have so far, so we’re looking for some testers to help us out. 

How to Become a Tester

• We’re looking for a group of Public Mobile customers to try out our new activation portal and let us know what you love and what you don’t.
  • Testing will be held between November 20 and 22 and the time commitment is roughly 1 hour.
  • Testing will be done online via join.me web conferencing meaning anyone across Canada can get involved.
  • Testers must be able to speak English.
  • Feedback will be collected during the session.
  • Chosen candidates will be contacted exclusively via private messaging.

What’s In It for You:

• Customers who participate will receive a 2 GB Data Add-On within 30 days of completion. 
  • Opportunity to work directly with the Public Mobile team to help improve our support for customers like you!

Sign up before November 18th 2019 by completing this link. We will contact the selected testers through private message. 

We’re sorry we can’t connect with everyone who’s expressed interest - if you aren’t selected to be a tester, there’s still plenty of opportunities to get involved, so stay tuned! Thanks in advance for your help and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

- Public Mobile Community Team

23 REPLIES 23

Praths_90
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, I got it. Makes sense. 

I just read after I posted that to sign up there was a survey. Noted for next time. Thanks!

@Praths_90 wrote:

I just missed this announcement. Please consider me for the next time if any testing is needed. I am into Testing and can definitely provide good inputs and test cases and report issues if any.

Whenever there's an offer to perform testing, Public Mobile often has a sign up form. You'll need to sign up to volunteer for it. They're not to remember members saying in the past that they were interested.

Praths_90

I just missed this announcement. Please consider me for the next time if any testing is needed. I am into Testing and can definitely provide good inputs and test cases and report issues if any.

Sarahmulder28

Yes

@popping wrote:

I had done in-store activation as well as online activation.   There is no choice for both types of activations.  Since I did more online activations than in-store activation, I selected online activation as my choice.

@poppingI am regretting my choice of answer. I've done 4 in store (one of which turned into an online when the LD computer crashed) and 4 online (5 w/the latter).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I had done in-store activation as well as online activation.   There is no choice for both types of activations.  Since I did more online activations than in-store activation, I selected online activation as my choice.

ddandersonn

Thanks for the opportunity to participate!  I answered the questions as best I could, but it's hard to decide on an accurate answer to some!  I was a PM customer for about 2 years before taking a Koodo offer, but then just signed my son up for an account over here...  🙂 

PureLife66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Luddite wrote:

@darlicious Activation portal testing will evaluate only online activation; not store activations.

@Luddite  @totalUser  @GinYVR  Thank you fo your answers and you all have pretty much cleared up my concerns. One thing to add...the data gift for participating always a nice bonus but that is not my motivation for wanting to be a tester. I like to provide feedback in general; Angus Reid polls, the census, market research etc...not the covert Russian led facebook type stuff...i stay away from social media. So providing constructive feedback to pm...that I'm very passionate about is very appealing to me. What worried me about the "How did you activate?" question is that so often there is one particular question in the prequalifying quiz that will eliminate you from the study. I'm just hoping that answering honestly in regards to my account/community profile doesn't eliminate me  pre-emptively from possibly being chosen. If you haven't noticed already I can be opinionated!

@totalUser @darlicious From my previous experience is, they will contact you via your Community account, the interviewer will ask you which account you want your gift to be deposited when the interview has been completed. You can then pick and choose which ever account you like (if you have more than 1). It usually take a few weeks when they get around adding it to your account.

@redgam8 wrote:

Not sure my form submission was successful. It goes to the main page of community after answering "yes I can speak English". Is it no?

Hi @redgam8 
This is what I suspect

I expected the confirmation page that would tell me 'you entered, watch for a private message from the team if you are a lucky one'

I'm taking this as 'nah don't bother'

@darlicious wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@darlicious Activation portal testing will evaluate only online activation; not store activations.

@Luddite  I did assume that the evaluation would be for online activations. I was only questioning that there was not a "both" as an option for the answer to the question. My first account which is linked to my community profile was activated in store. My second account which was activated on line is my main phone line. So how does one answer the question when both applies?

Hi @darlicious 

They are asking for a specific community account, which is tied only to one of your accounts (the account that would receive community rewards and in this case also the 2 gigs of data) so pick the answer that matches that account. I guess

Lapis_19

@Tiana_V wrote:

Hey Community, 

Here at Public Mobile we’re constantly looking for ways to improve your experience. As you know, the first and most important step to becoming a customer is to activate a SIM card, and we’re trying to find ways to make it simpler and easier to start your journey with us. 

At this point, we’d love to hear from our current customers and get some feedback on what we have so far, so we’re looking for some testers to help us out. 

• Chosen candidates will be contacted exclusively via private messaging.

**shortened the quote as I felt it was not necessary for my response**

Hi Tiana! Thank you for the opportunity, I just signed up. Hope to one of the chosen ones.

halifmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sure... let me know how I can help.

redgam8

Not sure my form submission was successful. It goes to the main page of community after answering "yes I can speak English". Is it no?

@Luddite wrote:

@Luddite  I did assume that the evaluation would be for online activations. I was only questioning that there was not a "both" as an option for the answer to the question. My first account which is linked to my community profile was activated in store. My second account which was activated on line is my main phone line. So how does one answer the question when both applies?

Sarahmulder28

Sign me up

Raejaques

Signed up!

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

I'm willing to participate.

MaggieVV
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Love how Public mobile uses its own clients to solve issues. I have moved all 3 of my family phones to Public now! 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V  I have signed up to participate and would love to provide feedback as I have experienced many an issue during activation. I answered the questions as pertaining to my account that is associated with my community profile. However many of us have more than one account and have activated both online and in store. (I answered in store but have done both for my own 2 accounts.) I have also activated both ways for many of my referrals. So having the answer "both" for how you activated would be helpful for the possible participants and pm for perspective in your feedback. (Btw...my online activation took 6 hours.)

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for this great opportunity

I'm definitely signing up:)

Need Help? Let's chat.