cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: A Letter from Dave: Looking back on 2019 and our 2020 goals

Great work for 2019 and looking forward for more improvement.

Also looking forward for free gift in couple of days.  Who said PM does not taking care of their customers.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

Severely throttled data doesn't interest me.

I assume you're referring to throttled speeds on "unlimited" data.

I don't see much issue with the idea... since you'd have to use all your unthrottled limited data before the throttled "unlimited" data kicks in. If you want more data then buy more data, everybody in Canada sells data for roughly the same prices, too many people complain because their favourite carrier doesn't give big fast useful data away for free. 

Oracle

@z10user4 I'm pretty sure Paypal is accepted for SIMs because it's not PM fulfilling the orders but a third party.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am also heavily in the camp wanting unlimited throttled data after reaching our cap. It is one of the only things that will keep me as a customer long term. I'd like the sense of security knowing I can access essential info or google maps after my data runs out.

Mayor / Maire

@Korth wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

Severely throttled data doesn't interest me.

I assume you're referring to throttled speeds on "unlimited" data.

I don't see much issue with the idea... since you'd have to use all your unthrottled limited data before the throttled "unlimited" data kicks in. If you want more data then buy more data, everybody in Canada sells data for roughly the same prices, too many people complain because their favourite carrier doesn't give big fast useful data away for free. 

I'm not one of those complainers. People used to complain about 3 year contracts too. This made no sense to me either. Y'wanna new phone? Well you can't plant a silicon wafer and expect it to bear cellphone fruit. Y'gotta pay for it one way or another.

@Dave_M wrote:

Make sure to check back on the Community this coming Wednesday, December 4th for a special announcement about some free gifts coming your way. 

Let me take one wild guess:  a 12 days of Christmas giveway contest?  This really is a guess. I don't know anything about what's coming on Wednesday.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Happy to see that PM is growing and improving. Let's make 2020 a great year!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dave_M, please prioritize VoLTE launch on Public Mobile.

As you may or may not know, Bell and Telus are deploying new sites with LTE only. Your customers in these areas will see full bars on their phones, but will not be able to make any calls.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re Moderator wait times. Over the past year I have had to contact the mods about 5 or 6 times for various family/friends. Max response time was 3 hours. So yeah, improved. 

Oracle

@chuck_grady wrote:

@Dave_M great write up. I love to hear these updates as sometimes I feel lost in the process. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Looking forward to the thank you promos too.

I have one thing for you to consider. I wonder if you could set up an ideas forum of some type. Seeing the same concerns over and over is not productive in my opinion. If there was a place where people could send their concerns, like maybe @Ideas_Team and a thread where they could be posted, we could all see the ideas that were being floated and perhaps weigh in.

Sure unlimited plans would be great, and an app and the use of prepaid credit cards for auto-pay and many other things, but unless it's something PM can reasonably provide, there's not much sense talking about it.

Anyway, just an idea for more productive communication between PM and the PM community.

Back in the day, there was a labs forum intended for this very purpose.  There were some great ideas put forward.  Alas, there was no appetite to keep up with the suggestions and labs was disbanded.  Perhaps there is a place for it today.