cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Cancelled account

I posted in this thread because found it difficult navigating to post my question.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Cancelled account

Thanks for the encouraging words @Dave_M - always nice to hear from th eleader of a group.

I agree with @z10user4 in fixing up the quality of the system so that there are no glitches.  Of the 5-6 activations I was involved with, only one of them had a glitch.  After a couple of weeks and at least 10 messages it was finally fixed properly.  I mentioned to the agent that we can estimate the total cost of this one glitch in terms of employee time spent in salary dollars.  And if you have stats to sum up you can analyze where the support dollars are going and make an informed decision of where to put the budget to maximize the business.

Personally, I have a gut feeling that fixing the infrastructure should drastically reduce support costs overall.  Having a good "public face" helps somewhat but I think this would just be a band-aid solution.

Go PM go!

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: A Letter From Dave: Reflecting on our journey together + Introducing our 5 Days of Giving!

@Dave_M Wow ! Where have you been ?

Awesome keep them coimng 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: A Letter From Dave: Reflecting on our journey together + Introducing our 5 Days of Giving!

@Dave_M This is great news. I gave up a 10 gb, $60/month, 4g LTE plan to come to public mobile. Not because I couldn’t afford it, but because it really didn’t reflect my needs.   I’m not a big streamer, gamer, facebooker, etc., so your plans at about half the price match my needs perfectly. Working well so far. The community concept works better than any customer service rep model, so any additional improvements are welcomed!

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

haven't been with PM for too long, i must admit i joined cause of the chance of migrating to Koodo but i love it here so far and will stay, brought my husband along for the ride, i don't think he even notices we are on 3G when he surfs, for everyday surfing it is fine.  been trying to convert family so i can get the referrals but they enjoy paying their overprice cell bills with very little data!!  

Mayor / Maire

@kselmak wrote:

maybe wouldn't be a bad idea to have unlimited incoming addon for 50 minutes or data only plans

just a thought

ps: i just joined recently and i'm pretty impressed i think i'm here to staySmiley Surprised)

@kselmak welcome!  You can already get a data-only plan using the plan builder tool.  However, single-service plans at Public Mobile tend to be rather expensive; plans get cheaper as you bundle in the second service, and even more so when you bundle in the 3rd.  

As for add-ons for unlimited incoming, unfortunately that's not offered.  You can however use the 200 min for $8 and 400 min for $15 long distance add-ons to augment your 50 min allocation on the $10 plan.  This isn't exactly what you're asking for since it's neither incoming-specific nor unmetered, but it's something.  

Beyond that you may want to look at stepping up to unlimited provincial talk and unlimited texting for $25, or unlimited canada-wide talk and unlimited texting for $35 BUT, because of the bundling disounts I mentioned, if you need unlimited canada-wide talk, you're better to also add 500mb of "3G"-speed (throttled LTE) data, brining the plan down to $30.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

5 Days of Giving instead of 25 Days because it cost to much. No to mention it would be to late for 25 days. They are not even doing it Dec 20 to 24 or Dec 17 to 21. Why are they doing it at all and not saving even more money and passing on the additional savings onto us, the customers or using that money on the support or other system upgrades.

The brought up themselves that their original business plan was more of the no frills for lower customer cost business model. Why do the keep diverting from that? With the summer day pop up concerts things, 5 days of giving, and the increased Radio, YouTube and TV Commercials. Benefiting the few. There is still room to cut advertising dollars and invest in better systems, support and more affordable plans. There is still plenty of room to inprove. Public Mobile wants to reward the community members and loyal customers, listen to the system upgrades they request and increase the community and loyalty rewards.

The ability to have data rollover and gift data to other users would be a welcomed addition for 2019

Mayor / Maire

@Poogzley wrote:

The ability to have data rollover and gift data to other users would be a welcomed addition for 2019

@Poogzley while many would surely enjoy these features, and you're of course welcome to voice your support for them, I'm going to try to temper your expectations and suggest that you do not hold your breath while waiting for these features to come to Public Mobile.  I don't think you'd like the outcome if you did.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

@Poogzley while many would surely enjoy these features, and you're of course welcome to voice your support for them, I'm going to try to temper your expectations and suggest that you do not hold your breath while waiting for these features to come to Public Mobile.  I don't think you'd like the outcome if you did.

I can still dream, can't I?