cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: A Letter From Dave: Reflecting on our journey together + Introducing our 5 Days of Giving!

Dave...I am really grateful that Public has been able to offer me a superior plan at a very reasonable price.  I have been here three+ years now and have every intention to continue with Public.

Keep up the good work and I am sure, we will all reach out to those looking for help here on the Community forums.

Pray for snow @ Whistler. Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

Re: A Letter From Dave: Reflecting on our journey together + Introducing our 5 Days of Giving!

Best of the season, Hopefully we will see the changes sooner than later. It is good to see them on the radar. I would focus on the first two, and make Simon as lesser priority and replace those resources to fixing the portal issues (payment, renewal etc..)  we should not need to constantly suggest list stolen trick. 

Mayor / Maire

Yup def positive vote for more efficient ticket process

Cat Very Happy

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow, 5 years! Honestly, I think I have been living under a rock for a long time. I was one of those users who just blindly paid their cell phone bill month after month without taking the time to assess whether I was still getting value for money anymore. Once I figured out that the answer was "no", I was happy that Public Mobile was here to provide that value. It's only been a couple of months since I signed up, but now I've got my kid, and two other family members on Public Mobile. Despite some of the challenges around moderator response time, I still think PM's a great choice. Looking forward to the service improvements next year, and some even better phone plans (wink!)

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks @Dave_M.  Improvements are always welcome.  Looking forward to the contests.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The support system and respond time is long overdue.   For those old timer, ticket system is a first suggestion.  Cat Happy

Mayor / Maire

@MoreYummy wrote:

The support system and respond time is long overdue.   For those old timer, ticket system is a first suggestion.  Cat Happy

@MoreYummy @Dave_M yes, LOOONG overdue.  @Jeremy_M essentially promised us one in the aftermath of the 2016 Fall Promo meltdown, literally 2 years ago.  I don't recall if that was ever stated publicly or just in Martin's Corner, but it sounded like he was on it.  Yet, nothing ever came of it.  Dave, I'm hoping the current team actually delivers.  I'm cautiously optimistic!  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

I keep seeing bravos coming in on my open letter from the summer.  I’m glad to see the direction of focus for 2019.  I’m hoping this doesn’t fall apart.

Mayor / Maire

@Dave_M wrote:

In particular, this is the wish list of things you’ve asked us to focus on next and that we are passionately working on:

1. Faster Moderator response times
  2. An improved ticket submission process
  3. Additional goodness from SIMon The Bot 

@Dave_M:

Congrats on 5 years!

I may as well go ahead and add my 2 cents here.

With all things remaining as is, faster moderator times would lead to increased costs. Less for less.

A ticketing system would cost money to implement leading to increased costs. Less for less.

Adding anything else to the Bot would lead to increased costs. Less for less.

The first two would not be needed if the system worked seamlessly and reliably. A reliably functioning system would lead to those faster response times due to less problems arising from a flaky, unreliable system thereby saving money on paying for any more moderators which would lead to no real need for an expensive ticketing system.

In reality, all people need is to know that their complaint was registered by way of some kind of automated acknowledgment. Not a ticketing system, just a reply saying we have received your input. What happens now is complete radio silence. Submit a comment...nothing. An inexpensive automated reply of canned text is all that's needed. Like calling somewhere and being put on hold...do we like dead air wondering "um are you still there?" or some crappy sappy hold musak. I'd take the musak over silence any time.

Fix the problem at the source: the self-serve system. All problems and costs start there. And really focus on when the SIM is being activated and when the money is taken. The SIM is a one-time thing and the money is where the real sensitivity is...and rightfully so. When people perceive they're being ripped off, they're not happy.

Looking forward to the contest. I hope saying anything towards negativity doesn't "negate" the chances of winning Smiley Happy

Thanks

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

👍