cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls, goes striaght to voicemail. Also cannot change password in selfserve website.

jesse2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

not receiving any calls since last wednesday.

goes straight to voicemail.

Cannot change password in selfserve area of website.

just did a network reset...did not work...straight to voicemail.

18 REPLIES 18

@jesse2 

We are always happy to help. Are you all sorted out now?

BTW just tap the "@" key to tag someone....keep typing the username if it doesn't pop up right away.

jesse2

thank you for help & time.

@jesse2 

Since you are contacting a CSA anyways just ask them for a password reset.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jesse2 wrote:

not receiving any calls since last wednesday.

goes straight to voicemail.

Cannot change password in selfserve area of website.

just did a network reset...did not work...straight to voicemail.

@jesse2 

Do you have DND (Do Not Disturb) enabled? Perhaps it was turned on by mistake? ... it happens sometimes, you know.

AS for the password reset, did you try the Forgot your password option? Check your junk email/folder.

Try another device to log into your account, if you can. 

IF still issues contact CSA, with methods already provided.

Good luck!

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jesse2 

When did you activate your account... was it recent?  If so, I agree with @softech and @darlicious to open a ticket with staff here.  It sounds like there's something wrong with how your account is set up in their system, perhaps one of these popular glitches and "re-provisioning" your account will hopefully have it reset and set up properly.  Goodluck and let us know how it goes! 🙂

@jesse2 

Ok contact customer support and ask the CSA to reset your account and reprovision your SIM card. Type "reprovision SIM card" and "human"  and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop indicating a message from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times. It should be less than an hour.

@jesse2   I think at this stage, you should open a ticket with Customer Support Agent and have them to see if they can do anything on the backend.

(After you open a ticket with Customer Support Agent, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Customer Support Agent will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request Cusstomer Support Agent assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jesse2

still not ringing.

thank you for your help.

jesse2

yes just incoming calls.

ill try the 3g.

my other phone the screen is all cracked, wont work.

i just tried having some1 call me...went straight to voicemail.

thank you for your help.

@jesse2 wrote:

i have been for last 2-4 days, reseating sim card.

hardly no signal here as well.....1 bar for signal....calls drop all the time.

is outgoing calls and data working without issue?  Just incoming calls with problem?

you can try to change the network to "3G Only" and see how it goes

Also, which area (city and province) you are at? 

did you try putting your SIM in another phone just to test?

@jesse2 

This is a general list #2, #6 and #7 are your best bets since you have already reseated the sim card.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@jesse2 

Can you put your SIM card in another unlocked phone. This will help determine whether it is an account issue vs a hardware issue.

jesse2

ok i will try these steps & see. thank you in advance.

@jesse2 

I just checked your profile....that would be a no. This is a provisioning issue with your SIM card. Go thru this list the last one will likely fix it but you just may opt for a CSA instead.

1. Reboot your phone. ( You should do this once a week anyways.)
  2. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  3. Remove SIM card and set aside. Check for any dirt or debris in the SIM slot. Check the SIM card for dirt or damage and gently clean with a little alcohol and a cotton swab. After 10 minutes reseat the SIM card making sure the SIM fits snugly in the SIM slot. Use a paper shim or a little tape to secure it in slot/tray. Reinsert in the phone and reboot.
  4. Perform a network reset.
  5. Clear the cache of the troublesome apps. Perform device maintenance.
  6. Add a payment of at least $1 to your account balance.
  7. Log in to your self serve account. Go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and Reboot.**
  8. Contact customer support via Simple--Simon or private message.

**Caution : Using lost/stolen w/active service even briefly will cause rewards to not apply upon renewal. You must contact the CSA's after renewal and ask for them to be applied manually. 

Edit: Skip #5 it won't help.

jesse2

i have been for last 2-4 days, reseating sim card.

hardly no signal here as well.....1 bar for signal....calls drop all the time.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jesse2 try to reseat your SIM (power off, take SIM out and wait for a minute, put it back in and power it back up again)  

I had similar issue before, regular reboot didn't work until I reseat the SIM

jesse2

nope not that i know of. checked to see if it is a sim card fraud. thank you for your time & help in advance.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jesse2 

Did you port your number in last week?

Need Help? Let's chat.