cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Citiphone Issues

newser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm trying to port over a number from citiphone to PM, but I never received a text from Citiphone asking if I was trying to port the number over.  I waited an hour and a half and no text ever came through.  I went online and read that Zoomer (which is the same as Citiphone) does not send out texts when transferring an account over.  So I went and inserted the Public Mobile sim card into the phone.  The phone can send out texts, and phone calls and the caller ID is correct on the receiving end, but if you try to contact the phone back, it goes straight to voicemail as if the old sim is still active and text messages do not go through.  It's almost been 5 hours now and the transfer of the accounts still does not seem complete as if it's stuck in the process.  Is there anyone that can help with this situation?

1 REPLY 1

@newser wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to port over a number from citiphone to PM, but I never received a text from Citiphone asking if I was trying to port the number over.  I waited an hour and a half and no text ever came through.  I went online and read that Zoomer (which is the same as Citiphone) does not send out texts when transferring an account over.  So I went and inserted the Public Mobile sim card into the phone.  The phone can send out texts, and phone calls and the caller ID is correct on the receiving end, but if you try to contact the phone back, it goes straight to voicemail as if the old sim is still active and text messages do not go through.  It's almost been 5 hours now and the transfer of the accounts still does not seem complete as if it's stuck in the process.  Is there anyone that can help with this situation?

This all means that number porting hasn't completed.  The calls that you're missing are still going to your Citiphone service.  After 5 hours, this usually means that number porting has failed. Please double check your Citiphone account number and then contact a Public Mobile customer support agent using the chatbot at https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html or through the support section of the Public Mobile app.

Need Help? Let's chat.